New Grandstand - 2 day public consultation | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Grandstand - 2 day public consultation

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Bermudian Green":3wppi5gl said:
samjones":3wppi5gl said:
Sentiment or not it still looks like a dogs dinner.
Not like argyle to do it by halves though, reckon we will get one coat of undercoat and two of gloss

So you'd prefer for us to have a soulless bowl like everyone else?

The board have already announced what we are getting, and it's a whole lot more than 1uc/2ct/gls

Some people still hankering after the good old days of boom and bust, obviously. :thumbs:

E

Electronic

Graham Clark":2lb8rrko said:
There is no reason whatsoever why the work within the Home Pak stadium confines, relating to the Grandstand Stages 1 and 2 cannot be the subject of a separate planning application from the the planning application for rest of the HHP land and other site (or other sites) as referred to in the consultation press release.

As before with the original HHP development in terms of scale and content there is likely to be some contention about its suitability for Central Park and any such application will determined on its merits and its accord with up to date City Council planning policy.

This time it is different as Stage 1 of the Grandstand, at least, is not dependent upon the profits of any adjoining commercial development for delivery as the funding is in place. For that reason alone, and speaking as an Argyle supporter with a view as to what is in the best interests of supporters and the Football Club I would hope the question of whether the Grandstand refurbishment (Stages 1 and 2) have to be included as part of a wider and much larger commercial development proposal can be raised.

This is particularly relevant, given that this time the wider commercial proposal has no direct linkage with the operation of the Football Club other than an impact on match day traffic impact which of course the increased demands of which can be accommodated on the adjoining main car park, through an enhanced park and ride operation or by an improved bus timetable on match days.

This is very important. Why potentially threaten the smooth passage of the grandstand development? How does the ice rink benefit PAFC?

May 8, 2011
Electronic":33w5gnfy said:
Graham Clark":33w5gnfy said:
There is no reason whatsoever why the work within the Home Pak stadium confines, relating to the Grandstand Stages 1 and 2 cannot be the subject of a separate planning application from the the planning application for rest of the HHP land and other site (or other sites) as referred to in the consultation press release.

As before with the original HHP development in terms of scale and content there is likely to be some contention about its suitability for Central Park and any such application will determined on its merits and its accord with up to date City Council planning policy.

This time it is different as Stage 1 of the Grandstand, at least, is not dependent upon the profits of any adjoining commercial development for delivery as the funding is in place. For that reason alone, and speaking as an Argyle supporter with a view as to what is in the best interests of supporters and the Football Club I would hope the question of whether the Grandstand refurbishment (Stages 1 and 2) have to be included as part of a wider and much larger commercial development proposal can be raised.

This is particularly relevant, given that this time the wider commercial proposal has no direct linkage with the operation of the Football Club other than an impact on match day traffic impact which of course the increased demands of which can be accommodated on the adjoining main car park, through an enhanced park and ride operation or by an improved bus timetable on match days.

This is very important. Why potentially threaten the smooth passage of the grandstand development? How does the ice rink benefit PAFC?

I would think that if the new proposals are within the footprint of the planning permission given last time there won't be an issue gaining planning permission.
Both the Grandstand refurbishment and the Ice Rink relocation fit in with PCC economic and leisure strategies.
I would expect the two schemes to run concurrently as once the Grandstand refurbishment is completed and all the shop, ticket office, administration and classrooms are relocated to that, then the portacabins can be demolished and HHP cleared for the Icerink construction.

S

satfan

Is the roof the old roof. Because surely a new roof spanning up like the roofs on the other 3 stands would be better and avoid having those Pilares in the way. Finally now we are in the 2nd div a scoreboard or 2 would be nice and look professional one that display team sheets score and information.

May 22, 2006
IJN":39ad4xy8 said:
Point of order, we are only in the 3rd Division.

We're in the 2nd division of the EFL, known as League 1, currently the 3rd tier of English football.

And we wonder why our kids are growing up confused.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Chancellor":3apz2rcz said:
IJN":3apz2rcz said:
So we'll now have Life Centre, Ice and Home Park in Central Park. What can be wrong with that?

Shame we can't fit a velodrome in.

Well I am going to take that as a nudge nudge wink wink moment.

Just remember where you heard it first.

You never know, we've had Wiggo now Janno.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Some new plans have been published on the club website. Finally, there is a view from the pitch of phase one of the refurbished grandstand and it looks impressive.

The ice arena is where the club shop and offices are now and does not have seating all around the rink.
Adjacent to the ice arena on what is now the club car park will be offices and a gym.

A new development and previously not mentioned before are plans to build on the land where the vets currently is.
The plans show a new vets area, units, a cafe and a hotel entrance although I can't see an actual hotel unless it is above the units.

Who owns this land?

Club website

Stuart House

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Really don't get why this has to be a joint application.

Well I do, using the sentiment of the grandstand to push through other developments.

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
I won't making a 8 hour round journey for this - I know part time supporter :)

Trying to view the plans via my phone, but, still can't see where the media will be or where the TV position is on the plans. Can anyone help? Can someone provide an update after visiting tomorrow please?

Would also like an answer to PL2's question above.

Let's hope the planning application is submitted before start of season. Quicker work starts the better.

May 8, 2011
I assume the logic of one application is that the schemes are linked.
My assumption being that HHP can't be developed until the Grandstand works are done, also that the offices above the Gym are earmarked for Argyle's use.
I'm also assuming that the retail development on the vet site will provide some or all the funding for the Ice Rink construction.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
It appears to be a similar version of the original plans, just without the cinema.

The new plot of land is an interesting 'development' with a hotel back on the agenda, has this land recently been sold to JB/HHP Nominee or does it belong to PCC?

T

The Grumpy Loyal

PL2 3DQ":1qk3dtpp said:
It appears to be a similar version of the original plans, just without the cinema.

The new plot of land is an interesting 'development' with a hotel back on the agenda, has this land recently been sold to JB/HHP Nominee or does it belong to PCC?

I guess that may be revealed tomorrow.

You do have to laugh at Brent's transparency promise all those years ago though. A completely new parcel of land is suddenly earmarked for commercial and hotel development within the park. Plans are drawn up without any word whatsoever publicly spoken, and then the evening before these new plans are made public, they appear on the official site.

It would appear crystal clear Brent wants this new commercial development plan to be 'debated' publicly for as little time as is absolutely necessary.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The Grumpy Loyal":3aw4eqy2 said:
PL2 3DQ":3aw4eqy2 said:

I guess that may be revealed tomorrow.

You do have to laugh at Brent's transparency promise all those years ago though. A completely new parcel of land is suddenly earmarked for commercial and hotel development within the park. Plans are drawn up without any word whatsoever publicly spoken, and then the evening before these new plans are made public, they appear on the official site.

It would appear crystal clear Brent wants this new commercial development plan to be 'debated' publicly for as little time as is absolutely necessary.[/quote]

Argyle chairman James Brent said: "What weā€™re presenting over the next couple of days are full plans, not just for the grandstand but setting that in the context of Higher Home Park and an additional piece of land that we that we have agreed, subject to planning, so people will be able to see the total picture.
"The grandstand is clearly the core feature within it, but it also includes the proposed new ice-rink for Plymouth, which, in its own right, is very exciting because it will give us the only ice-rink west of Cardiff; and it will give those wonderful ice-skaters of all ages whoā€™ve been practicing for so long to play a competitive match with an international standard ice-rink to play on.
"The additional piece of land is the old vets site which runs alongside the front of the Life Centre, so there is a commercial development plan for that site, including a new vet practice.
"There will be lots of plans, lots of pictures and I'm really keen to take lots of questions. Iā€™m hoping to spend a bit of time on Saturday with the consultation, being able to answer questions myself, personally, as well. I'm very much looking forward to it."
The Mayflower grandstand plans reflect a long process of discussion, including with a working group comprising Argyle supporters.
James said: "Clearly weā€™re operating within a budget, as everyone will understand, and if we had a higher budget, we would no doubt have even better facilities
"But, within the budget, I think weā€™ve got a really good solution and it does create the balance that we sought to achieve from day one of preserving the history of Argyle and respecting the history of Home Park in terms of the facade, the shape of the Leitch building, and so on. But, at the same time, providing modern facilities that families, and supporters generally, deserve in the 21st century."
It appears that James Brent will be there on Saturday to respond to any cynics who continue to question his motives.