New Grandstand - 2 day public consultation | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Grandstand - 2 day public consultation

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
We have a property developer in bankers clothes running our club. Let's not get confused here Brent is and has only ever been interested in development Hallett is more Argyle but his money is in the form of a Loan at sympathetic rates effectively we are paying for the grandstand over 25 years or so
This development could have and should have been part of funding argyle going forward but in fact will all end up in Brents pension

Very sneaky how he has done this

May 22, 2006
On a practical point, doesn't seem to leave much car parking for away team coach, players and officials cars and users of gym and ice rink. Obviously the main car park at HP is large but the hotel and shop complex also lacks car parking spaces. Could become a problem, especially on match days.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The more I read about it the more it fudging stinks

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Are you all suggesting that JB has 'pulled a fast one' on Simon Hallett?

I think SH must be in full agreement with these additional developments.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I Suggesting the first and foremost ambition was land development using the football club as a make way to help purchase the surrounding area.

The plans for the mayflower redeployment are bare minimum to get through the 'we had the best interests of the club at heart' sentiment before moving on to the real money making programme using his personal investment to buy and develop his commercial interests completely independent from the club.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Have to agree with the poster above that the focus on "phase 2" graphics isn't helpful. The Herald article says outline planning approval will be sought for that phase, so, it really must not distract or deflect from the Grandstand development that we desperately long for.

Sorry, locals but relying on you to do the cross examination of the Chairman tomorrow.

I do feel the commercial elements that have now been detailed late in the process have the potential to either slow progress or if we are not careful derail it. I hope they can be kept totally separate but I have a concern they will become inextricably linked.

May 8, 2011
Tugboat":1aontewf said:
I Suggesting the first and foremost ambition was land development using the football club as a make way to help purchase the surrounding area.

The plans for the mayflower redeployment are bare minimum to get through the 'we had the best interests of the club at heart' sentiment before moving on to the real money making programme using his personal investment to buy and develop his commercial interests completely independent from the club.

I'm not sure if I was looking to build something to make 'real money', an Ice Rink would be the first thing on my list.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

davie nine":2ew6tga6 said:

The only link any of this has with Hallett, is that Brent is trying to lump all his private development in on a joint planning application. All the separate gumph is a private venture of good old James.

If the Grandstand plan is delayed or quashed because of Brent's other interests, then their relationship will certainly get interesting.

Quite refreshing that at long last eyes are being opened though as to Brent's true motives for ever getting involved with Us.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

HC Green":3vr7rzhp said:
Tugboat":3vr7rzhp said:

I'm not sure if I was looking to build something to make 'real money', an Ice Rink would be the first thing on my list.

The ice rink HAS to be built ( it's not a choice) before James can knock the other one at the Pavilions down, paving the way for the massive planned development at Millbay

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Tugboat":25ltucxd said:

And there it is!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Grumpy Loyal":3i16jrux said:
Quite refreshing that at long last eyes are being opened though as to Brent's true motives for ever getting involved with Us.

Really? How many? Legions?

Look up symbiosis pal, not that hard to work out is it?

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
The Grumpy Loyal":23vdcxsv said:
davie nine":23vdcxsv said:

The only link any of this has with Hallett, is that Brent is trying to lump all his private development in on a joint planning application. All the separate gumph is a private venture of good old James.

If the Grandstand plan is delayed or quashed because of Brent's other interests, then their relationship will certainly get interesting.

Blimey, you're living up to your username rather well, apart from the Loyal bit. James has saved our football club from going out of existence. He's the same as any other businessman, he needs to make money in order to stay afloat. I don't really care about the relationship between he and Simon- as long as both are happy, then it's really none of our business what goes on behind the scenes. For what it's worth JB has my blessing and I hope the development is a real success, as it will only benefit PAFC and the South West as a whole.

Apr 16, 2008
Templecombe, Somerset
vibratingspider":3qf7c4w9 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":3qf7c4w9 said:
davie nine":3qf7c4w9 said:

Blimey, you're living up to your username rather well, apart from the Loyal bit. James has saved our football club from going out of existence. He's the same as any other businessman, he needs to make money in order to stay afloat. I don't really care about the relationship between he and Simon- as long as both are happy, then it's really none of our business what goes on behind the scenes. For what it's worth JB has my blessing and I hope the development is a real success, as it will only benefit PAFC and the South West as a whole.

Agree with this, we have a great deal to be thankful for, without JB there would be no Argyle

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Surely it makes HP a more attractive proposition to have retail outlets on site. Brings more people in, makes conferencing more attractive. I don't see the downside.

To suggest that this puts SH at odds with JB is frankly ridiculous.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

I did wonder how long before the "but he saved us" line would be trotted out. :clap: :scarf: