New Grandstand - 2 day public consultation | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Grandstand - 2 day public consultation

G

Greenskin

Kentishgreen":2ast87oy said:
The answer for all those that are unhappy is put your own money into the club and then see how easy it is!

Sorry, that won't do. Are you saying that Brighton fans had no right to question Archers dealings, Blackpool fans the same with Oyston, even Argyle fans with the various cretins who brought the club to it's knees in relatively recent times, simply because they did not have the resources to match the owners of the clubs? I'm sure that there are plenty of Argyle supporters who don't have the wherewithal to be able to have any sort of financial stake in the club but who are well capable of asking pertinent questions regarding the direction the club is taking and there are plenty of questions to be asked about this rather sudden upgrading of the development. Funding questions, distribution of any profit, timetabling in conjunction with the grandstand development are all relevant issues which hopefully will be addressed by Mr Brent in the consultation period and about which people with deep concerns re PAFC have every right to expect satisfactory answers to.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Chortle":1wzrkcg2 said:
vibratingspider":1wzrkcg2 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1wzrkcg2 said:
davie nine":1wzrkcg2 said:
Are you all suggesting that JB has 'pulled a fast one' on Simon Hallett?

I think SH must be in full agreement with these additional developments.

The only link any of this has with Hallett, is that Brent is trying to lump all his private development in on a joint planning application. All the separate gumph is a private venture of good old James.

If the Grandstand plan is delayed or quashed because of Brent's other interests, then their relationship will certainly get interesting.

Quite refreshing that at long last eyes are being opened though as to Brent's true motives for ever getting involved with Us.

Blimey, you're living up to your username rather well, apart from the Loyal bit. James has saved our football club from going out of existence. He's the same as any other businessman, he needs to make money in order to stay afloat. I don't really care about the relationship between he and Simon- as long as both are happy, then it's really none of our business what goes on behind the scenes. For what it's worth JB has my blessing and I hope the development is a real success, as it will only benefit PAFC and the South West as a whole.

Agree with this, we have a great deal to be thankful for, without JB there would be no Argyle

Correct. It's a wonder that with all the backstabbing that has been going over the past few years ti's a wonder JB hasn't just walked away.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

PL2 3DQ":32y61ri7 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":32y61ri7 said:
I did wonder how long before the "but he saved us" line would be trotted out. :clap: :scarf:

How come you never talk about football and yet when James Brent is mentioned you can't stop posting!

I've explained many many times my reasons for being a Brent sceptic.

With these latest commercial plans that benefit nobody at all financially other than Mr and Mrs Brent, James is doing a perfect job of showing just why I was sceptical of his motives at the outset.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
The Grumpy Loyal":34qhioif said:
PL2 3DQ":34qhioif said:
The Grumpy Loyal":34qhioif said:
I did wonder how long before the "but he saved us" line would be trotted out. :clap: :scarf:

How come you never talk about football and yet when James Brent is mentioned you can't stop posting!

I've explained many many times my reasons for being a Brent sceptic.

With these latest commercial plans that benefit nobody at all financially other than Mr and Mrs Brent, James is doing a perfect job of showing just why I was sceptical of his motives at the outset.

:funny: Surely you're on a wind up

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
No, he and about 13 others actually do think this way.

JB should spend all his money on Argyle and sod his family.

Just like Grump Loyal does!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Hear's a thought. If only the grandstand upgrade was approved with nothing else allowed to be developed within HHP or Central Park surroundings would JB still be so involved in PAFC?

Why are they able to fund outside interests but so unwilling to front up funds to further enhance the redevelopment of the exsisting grandstand to incorporate the corners and finish off the second phase of the upgrade?

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Mike Greening":2r6aqgux said:
Chortle":2r6aqgux said:
vibratingspider":2r6aqgux said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2r6aqgux said:
davie nine":2r6aqgux said:
Are you all suggesting that JB has 'pulled a fast one' on Simon Hallett?

I think SH must be in full agreement with these additional developments.

The only link any of this has with Hallett, is that Brent is trying to lump all his private development in on a joint planning application. All the separate gumph is a private venture of good old James.

If the Grandstand plan is delayed or quashed because of Brent's other interests, then their relationship will certainly get interesting.

Quite refreshing that at long last eyes are being opened though as to Brent's true motives for ever getting involved with Us.

Blimey, you're living up to your username rather well, apart from the Loyal bit. James has saved our football club from going out of existence. He's the same as any other businessman, he needs to make money in order to stay afloat. I don't really care about the relationship between he and Simon- as long as both are happy, then it's really none of our business what goes on behind the scenes. For what it's worth JB has my blessing and I hope the development is a real success, as it will only benefit PAFC and the South West as a whole.

Agree with this, we have a great deal to be thankful for, without JB there would be no Argyle

Correct. It's a wonder that with all the backstabbing that has been going over the past few years ti's a wonder JB hasn't just walked away.

I'd have thought that was obvious. He can't walk away until he has made his money. His walking away will happen only after all his new private commercial stuff is built.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
I remember the excitement of the 3 sides of Stadium being rebuilt in 2001/02

So we are 15 Years on and awaiting the new grandstand revamp

I keep The Faith this will happen very soon :thumbs:

Until then I will stay in Block 14 Of The Lyndhurst

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
Tugboat":dreb5p3m said:
Hear's a thought. If only the grandstand upgrade was approved with nothing else allowed to be developed within HHP or Central Park surroundings would JB still be so involved in PAFC?

Why are they able to fund outside interests but so unwilling to front up funds to further enhance the redevelopment of the exsisting grandstand to incorporate the corners and finish off the second phase of the upgrade?

Exactly.

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
The fact still remains that JB didn't have to, and probably really didn't want to, step in but he did. So what if he gets a few quid out of a café and ice-rink? He isn't a benefactor.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Tugboat":2mukl9fv said:

Exactly.

Brent has no cash to refurb the Grandstand, that will have to be borrowed over a 30yr loan.

Yet amazingly, there doesn't seem to be a financial obstacle for James when it comes to financing a PRIVATE hotel/commercial/office/gym venture. :whistle:

You gotta larf.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
I have no problem with the other developments or Brent and his family making some money.

My issue is that I do not like the fact it is tagged on to the Grandstand application, which has finance and is not controversial. I GS application I'm sure would sale through on its own.

This won't. I'm sure it will get approved but just not as timely as we would have liked.

Basically I don't give a $%^& what Brent does with Higher HP Car Park or the the new piece of land or how much he makes from it, but sitting in the Lyndhurst I quite like to look at a new Grandstand rather than a baron, soul less old terrace. The atmosphere is tarnished without it.

The sooner that happens the better.

Apr 4, 2015
It is through development such as these proposals that James brent and his family business have made their money and if it werent for his money we might well not have a club or ground development to argue about at all. The parcels of land he wants to develop are brownfield sites and in the main derelict concrete wasteland which are desperately in need of development. The proposals if they go through will provide jobs, leisure amenities that are very welcome and needed in the city and we get a new grandstand to boot. I fail to see what is wrong or how people can moan about the plans, i live very close to the area and really hope these plans are approved. How can anyone in their right mind expect JB to fund the team through his other ventures, it just isnt the way a successful business is run im afraid. The people moaning about this dont live in the real world imo, nothing of any value whatsoever is being lost in central park. if we need more car parking then a section or all of the current park and ride could be developed into multi storey relatively easily. Its called progress and without it this city will suffer and eventually die as will the football club.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I repeat, Grumpy. You are prepared to make numerous allegations about JB's motives. So, as you feel so strongly and are so sure about his intentions, why don't you go along on Saturday and expose him for what you think he is in front of an invited audience?