New Grandstand - 2 day public consultation | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Grandstand - 2 day public consultation

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
Yep, agree with Freddie - Plymouth deserves to be recognised as one of the cities that makes the South West tick; vibrant and a place people want to come. For so long, years, possibly decades, we have just accepted mediocrity and this beautiful City does not deserve that.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

davie nine":2j7uylc7 said:
I repeat, Grumpy. You are prepared to make numerous allegations about JB's motives. So, as you feel so strongly and are so sure about his intentions, why don't you go along on Saturday and expose him for what you think he is in front of an invited audience?

Great idea mate. Go along, get into an argument, be asked to leave.

Brilliant. :crazy:

Feb 8, 2005
The Grumpy Loyal":2c5vldhw said:
davie nine":2c5vldhw said:
I repeat, Grumpy. You are prepared to make numerous allegations about JB's motives. So, as you feel so strongly and are so sure about his intentions, why don't you go along on Saturday and expose him for what you think he is in front of an invited audience?

Tha'ts your problem, Grumpy, you don't discuss, you argue!!!!!

T

The Grumpy Loyal

jimsing":32m8yl52 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":32m8yl52 said:
davie nine":32m8yl52 said:

Really? I'd say it's more like I have an alternative view to many on this particular Forum.

I don't really understand how voicing that alternative view is arguing. In fact, in real life I'm actually pretty mellow....until someone properly upsets me. :angel:

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
I don't understand why people keep referring to the 'new'grandstand. It's not, far from it. It's a refurbishment and new buildings on the back of it.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The Duke":24y63yao said:
I don't understand why people keep referring to the 'new'grandstand. It's not, far from it. It's a refurbishment and new buildings on the back of it.

Cost effective and acceptable for the bigger picture/project is what it is.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
The Grumpy Loyal":1eefl9gk said:
jimsing":1eefl9gk said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1eefl9gk said:
davie nine":1eefl9gk said:

Really? I'd say it's more like I have an alternative view to many on this particular Forum.

I don't really understand how voicing that alternative view is arguing. In fact, in real life I'm actually pretty mellow....until someone properly upsets me. :angel:

Well go and present your "alternative view" in that case. At least then you can put your troubled mind at rest. Personally, I can't see anything wrong with JB making a buck off the back of the club's development, and I'd welcome the proposals for HHP with open arms. It's better than the area being wasted, and having JB carefully guiding the club is immeasurably better than being treated as a plaything by some oil rich sugar Daddy who doesn't give a hoot about the heritage, long-term future and sustainability of the club.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

vibratingspider":2r6xxmd3 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2r6xxmd3 said:
jimsing":2r6xxmd3 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2r6xxmd3 said:
davie nine":2r6xxmd3 said:

Well go and present your "alternative view" in that case. At least then you can put your troubled mind at rest. Personally, I can't see anything wrong with JB making a buck off the back of the club's development, and I'd welcome the proposals for HHP with open arms. It's better than the area being wasted, and having JB carefully guiding the club is immeasurably better than being treated as a plaything by some oil rich sugar Daddy who doesn't give a hoot about the heritage, long-term future and sustainability of the club.

But I don't have a troubled mind, I have an opinion.

What on earth makes you think that going and listening to Brent saying in person what he has already said 'in print' is going to put my mind at rest? You think all of a sudden I'll agree with his plans? Odd!

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
The Grumpy Loyal":20xynrc0 said:
vibratingspider":20xynrc0 said:
jimsing":20xynrc0 said:
davie nine":20xynrc0 said:

What on earth makes you think that going and listening to Brent saying in person what he has already said 'in print' is going to put my mind at rest? You think all of a sudden I'll agree with his plans? Odd!

It might not alter the plans, but you might feel better after a period of discussion/debate where you learn more information about the whole project and what the intentions are. Surely it is a no-brainer for you to go along if you have queries or worries? You would get more respect if you did, rather than rant and rave about it behind a keyboard.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
So Grumpy Loyal doesn't want to go because an argument won't be productive, then insists he doesn't argue...

If indeed he is pretty mellow in real life, then a grown up conversation with JB at the fans forum will be productive for both him and others with valid concerns, and put to rest any question of him being purely a keyboard warrior.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
The Grumpy Loyal":2cyql41u said:
vibratingspider":2cyql41u said:
jimsing":2cyql41u said:
davie nine":2cyql41u said:

If you can't be bothered to put forth your opinion where it matters, why bother to put it forth on here, where it doesn't?

Dec 22, 2010
north devon
freddie2greens":367fo8vy said:
It is through development such as these proposals that James brent and his family business have made their money and if it werent for his money we might well not have a club or ground development to argue about at all. The parcels of land he wants to develop are brownfield sites and in the main derelict concrete wasteland which are desperately in need of development. The proposals if they go through will provide jobs, leisure amenities that are very welcome and needed in the city and we get a new grandstand to boot. I fail to see what is wrong or how people can moan about the plans, i live very close to the area and really hope these plans are approved. How can anyone in their right mind expect JB to fund the team through his other ventures, it just isnt the way a successful business is run im afraid. The people moaning about this dont live in the real world imo, nothing of any value whatsoever is being lost in central park. if we need more car parking then a section or all of the current park and ride could be developed into multi storey relatively easily. Its called progress and without it this city will suffer and eventually die as will the football club.
Well said that man. lets just watch the football and let the experts take care of the rest. What a lot of moaners we have on this site ,calm down and life will be much more enjoyable. :scarf:

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
Thank goodness there are people who do question, ask for clarity and object sometimes. This is our club, we need to watch the motives and actions of any businessman very carefully.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The Duke":2bf1pwrr said:
Thank goodness there are people who do question, ask for clarity and object sometimes. This is our club, we need to watch the motives and actions of any businessman very carefully.

Absolutely