New Players | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Players

H

Half-Time-Pasty

matteh.":1oek1wal said:
martynargyle":1oek1wal said:
no youre an idiot promoting dustbin men and postmen for a pro club in league two!
now be a good lad and go find some real players that dont pay subs for their clubs

Oh please, stop mocking him. You have no idea who he is ffs and you're calling him an idiot. Learn how to respect people you troll.

Grow up.

Hear! Hear!

Mole":xs9n688k said:
ScratchyMattress":xs9n688k said:
So where has this been cut and pasted from then? Someone that doesn't know that Dereham Utd are actually Dereham Town apparently. Which doesn't fill one with confidence.

Hands up schoolboy error - i typed that out as quickly as i could and wrote United instead of Town. My mistake and i apologize in the unlikely even that any Norfolk folk may have read that and become offended as they are indeed Dereham Town. Also apologies to any nit picking, pernickety upstarts who may have a problem with my shocking error.
Lucky I'm not one then.

If you put all that together its a fine job and no mistake.
The only part of it I know anything about is the bit I mentioned having seen them play a couple of years ago. I wouldn't claim otherwise.

My comment is only applicable if this is a professional piece of work anyway, when I feel it would be right to raise my suspicion, which you now suggest its not. I'm certainly not going to sit here and abuse your fine efforts for kicks.

P

Paul_Roberts

Mole - have you thought about forwarding this list to Argyle? You seem to be adamant that there are a few gems in that list, which makes me think it's a bit pointless simply posting it on here.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Mole, great list, can I just ask was this formulated based on your knowledge of non-league and watching these players or have you just been interrogating the internet for players stats?

Apologies in advance for doubting you if the former is true :greensmile:

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
Mole, you are Chris Almond and I claim my £5 :thumbup:

Probably we need 6 seasoned pro's not promising wee nuggets, cant afford to sign everybody.
( cant afford to sign anybody more like )

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Surely we don't just need young, cheap, gems such as might be on mole's list in the same way that we don't just need seasoned old pros (like Purse) that others are calling for. The former group fail to give us the experience we so clearly need and the latter group fail to give us the energy and future value that we also so clearly need. A couple from each category would seem about right as far as I can see.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
The Doctor":2j1cb28m said:
Surely we don't just need young, cheap, gems such as might be on mole's list in the same way that we don't just need seasoned old pros (like Purse) that others are calling for. The former group fail to give us the experience we so clearly need and the latter group fail to give us the energy and future value that we also so clearly need. A couple from each category would seem about right as far as I can see.

Wise words which I have come to expect from a well travelled man who is over 900 years old!!!

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
These would be my picks:

DALE WHITHAM, 19 year old, central midfield. Whitham is a versatile (can pretty much play anywhere) player, is tall, quick, strong and also blessed with a fantastic engine that enables him to get forward well and is a big threat in and around the opposition box. Finished Chorley's Evo-Stick League Division One North 10/11 season with 20 goals to his name and reportedly attracted a number of scouts (including Rochdale). Made his debut for Leigh Genesis as a 16 year old in the 08/09 season and during his time there won the 09/10 Young Player Of The Year award for his impressive displays. He has some decent pedigree too as he spent some time on the books of Manchester United as a youth team player. Whitham was called up and represented the England U18 schoolboy international side in 2010 making 3 starts and scoring 1 goal against Northern Ireland. So far during the 11/12 season Whitham has scored 3 goals in 15 appearances. A player who's manager, Garry Flitcroft (ex Man C/Blackburn) describes as: "one of the best prospects in non-league." Named 10/11 Chorley Players Player Of The Year.

RYAN CROWTHER, 23 year old, right midfielder, Hyde United. The winger spent two seasons at Premier League side Liverpool after a £300,000 move from Stockport County in 2007, when he was in his first year as a professional. During his time at Stockport he made two first team appearances before his move to Anfield, incidentely including one as captain which made him the youngest captain in Stockport's history. Crowther joined Blue Square North club Hyde United during the summer and currently has 9 goals from the right wing in the Conference North. Only on a non-contract deal so could be available on a free.

No harm in a trial, but don't think Pasoti's the place to give this info?

A

agentgreen

I think the mole is Ollie`s ex head scout Billy Dearden and I claim my £10.

Great list and although we need a few seasoned pros to help us out of this mess , Argyle should run the rule over this list before sturrock`s spies get hold of it and he picks up "some wee nuggets" :shh:

A

Argyle1886

Greenblooded1":2ji4xulc said:
These would be my picks:

DALE WHITHAM, 19 year old, central midfield. Whitham is a versatile (can pretty much play anywhere) player, is tall, quick, strong and also blessed with a fantastic engine that enables him to get forward well and is a big threat in and around the opposition box. Finished Chorley's Evo-Stick League Division One North 10/11 season with 20 goals to his name and reportedly attracted a number of scouts (including Rochdale). Made his debut for Leigh Genesis as a 16 year old in the 08/09 season and during his time there won the 09/10 Young Player Of The Year award for his impressive displays. He has some decent pedigree too as he spent some time on the books of Manchester United as a youth team player. Whitham was called up and represented the England U18 schoolboy international side in 2010 making 3 starts and scoring 1 goal against Northern Ireland. So far during the 11/12 season Whitham has scored 3 goals in 15 appearances. A player who's manager, Garry Flitcroft (ex Man C/Blackburn) describes as: "one of the best prospects in non-league." Named 10/11 Chorley Players Player Of The Year.

RYAN CROWTHER, 23 year old, right midfielder, Hyde United. The winger spent two seasons at Premier League side Liverpool after a £300,000 move from Stockport County in 2007, when he was in his first year as a professional. During his time at Stockport he made two first team appearances before his move to Anfield, incidentely including one as captain which made him the youngest captain in Stockport's history. Crowther joined Blue Square North club Hyde United during the summer and currently has 9 goals from the right wing in the Conference North. Only on a non-contract deal so could be available on a free.

No harm in a trial, but don't think Pasoti's the place to give this info?

Maybe get in contact with the President of Argyle who may be able to sort something out? Spread the word on.. :cool:

Nov 8, 2010
ming the merciless":7h9z40s7 said:
I would love Argyle to be looking in this direction for players. We have seen for ourselves how beneficial it can be. Look at Noone & Mackie. Young hungry players on their way up in the world. We got great service from them. then made money when they left. Mole whoever you are you speak a lot of sense and although I know nothing about the player you mention I have always thought that scouring the lower leagues and youth is the way forward for us. Fletch, I hope you are reading.

Martin. I think you are being extremely short sighted and a little bit rude by describing these guys as a bunch of crap. A "bunch of crap" nearly knocked out of the cup on Saturday. And they didn't even make onto Mole's list.

We wouldn't be able to afford to pluck Noone and Mackie from non-league now!

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Would be worth at least checking a few out. If the original poster is a scout then thanks for the heads up. Just need a good judge of a player to do the checking.

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
JB_ForeverGreen":3j3y9u0z said:
tigertony":3j3y9u0z said:
The ex-Metz, Marseille and Villarreal man has been without a club since his release by Aston Villa in the summer.

Name that man ????????

Robert Pirez by any chance?

just rejected the chance to join Doncaster ............. obviously waiting from a call from us :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: