New Players | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Players

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
greenmarc":2urqv55k said:
JB_ForeverGreen":2urqv55k said:
tigertony":2urqv55k said:
The ex-Metz, Marseille and Villarreal man has been without a club since his release by Aston Villa in the summer.

Name that man ????????

Robert Pirez by any chance?

just rejected the chance to join Doncaster ............. obviously waiting from a call from us :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apparently we were recommended by Daveed et Romain. Tres Bon eh?

Andy in Peverell

🚑 Steve Hooper
Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
I work with a bloke who scouts us, Torquay and Exeter for charlton. He was at the Stourbridge game with instructions to watch 3 Stourbridge players and write a report on each. If non league is good enough for Charltons attention then can we afford not to check out the same players?

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
agentgreen":3gdx55jo said:
Ross Allen ... This guy definitely knows where the back of the net is...he must score every week http://www.bbc.co.uk/search/sport/?q=ROSS ALLEN

Hop on a plane Mr Ridsdale and bring him back for a trial :thumbup:

Scored 30 goals in 19 games so far in the Combined Counties League Division One.

His style of play is quite similar to Scunthorpe's Chris Dagnell and Allen is without doubt a natural goalscorer who could and should be playing a lot higher. Well worth a trial.

One player i forgot to mention is 21 year old Hayes & Yeading left or right winger Luke Williams. He's a former Reading academy player who only joined H & Y in the summer after joining from Hellenic Premier League side Binfield, a team he only joned in January 2011 from Hellenic League Division One East side Woodley after scoring 13 goals in 16 games for them. He went on to score 10 goals for Binfield and probably created treble that amount of chances.

If you guys and gals rate Craig Noone then you'll love Williams because he reminds me so much of Noone - their attributes and style of play are remarkably similar.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
You certainly sound like you know your stuff Mole, and have your finger on the pulse as Luggy would say.

Any chance you could pick up the phone to Fletch and recommend one or two development players ;) Would augment the experienced new striker and centre back (Purse) that will hopefully be arriving soon.

Winger like Noone would be ideal

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
Mole - fair play mate, top list. I'd be interested to know how you complied the list, PM if necessary. I only ask as I used to play in the South Western League, and two friends of mine are now playing in the leagues you talk of. If you're local, I'd be interested to know if I know you.

They're not nuggets anymore though, they're 30, like me :) However, as kids, one was at Norwich and the other at Wolves.

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
Neilio":3nbaz7by said:
Mole - fair play mate, top list. I'd be interested to know how you complied the list, PM if necessary. I only ask as I used to play in the South Western League, and two friends of mine are now playing in the leagues you talk of. If you're local, I'd be interested to know if I know you.

They're not nuggets anymore though, they're 30, like me :) However, as kids, one was at Norwich and the other at Wolves.

The list was complied after watching them play. They're all untapped gems (nuggets if you're Luggy ;) ) and with their ability deserve to be playing at a higher level.

I know Argyle are looking for players and with finances the way they have been recently you could do a lot worse than those players i mentioned. I'd be very surprised if 60/70% of them aren't picked up by bigger clubs in the next couple of years.

I've got a real soft spot for Argyle and i desperately hope you turn your season around and start climbing the leagues again.

Good luck. :thumbup:

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
Mole":1qyh6sc7 said:
CONNOR JENNINGS, 19 year old, striker, Stalybridge Celtic. Jennings is a quick striker with good movement who likes to play on the shoulder and is always looking to run in behind and get a shot in on goal. At the age of 17 he made his Stalybridge debut during the 08/09 season and also managed to score in that debut performance. He is a player with big potential and someone who continues to get better with every game. Jennings scored 13 goals in all competitions during the 09/10 season and scored 18 goals in all competitions during the 10/11 Conference North season. So far during 11/12 Jennings has scored 14 goals in 19 appearances (including 4 as sub).

Scored on his England C debut last night: http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/engl ... ltar-8269/

G

Gareth Nicholson

Mole":35zdz5nu said:
I've got a real soft spot for Argyle and i desperately hope you turn your season around and start climbing the leagues again.

I can't believe people haven't sussed who this person is. This quote is telling. It is clearly Peter Swan. Case closed.

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
Greenblooded1":1vxtj8x3 said:
These would be my picks:

RYAN CROWTHER, 23 year old, right midfielder, Hyde United. The winger spent two seasons at Premier League side Liverpool after a £300,000 move from Stockport County in 2007, when he was in his first year as a professional. During his time at Stockport he made two first team appearances before his move to Anfield, incidentely including one as captain which made him the youngest captain in Stockport's history. Crowther joined Blue Square North club Hyde United during the summer and currently has 9 goals from the right wing in the Conference North. Only on a non-contract deal so could be available on a free.

Signed on a free for Fleetwood: http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/flee ... ther-8338/

A

Argyle1886

Mole":10fghpuk said:
Neilio":10fghpuk said:

The list was complied after watching them play. They're all untapped gems (nuggets if you're Luggy ;) ) and with their ability deserve to be playing at a higher level.

I know Argyle are looking for players and with finances the way they have been recently you could do a lot worse than those players i mentioned. I'd be very surprised if 60/70% of them aren't picked up by bigger clubs in the next couple of years.

Out of interest. Do you scout local leagues in Plymouth & Cornwall for players? I've seen heck of alot of players in U17/U18 leagues and upwards who have never been touched by Argyle or professional teams due to never having the chance who are definatly capable of playing football league standard football. Would be such a shame to see such talent in the young lads to go to waste! :thumbdown:

M

MylesPAFC

Argyle1886":3dxkzo1q said:
Mole":3dxkzo1q said:
Neilio":3dxkzo1q said:

Out of interest. Do you scout local leagues in Plymouth & Cornwall for players? I've seen heck of alot of players in U17/U18 leagues and upwards who have never been touched by Argyle or professional teams due to never having the chance who are definatly capable of playing football league standard football. Would be such a shame to see such talent in the young lads to go to waste! :thumbdown:

Players playing in those league need to believe that they are good enough and not wait for something to happen, but actively go and try and make something happen. Football league teams aren't going to waste their time looking at these players, if they contact the club and try and get a trial then they will have a chance of getting looked at.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Hi Mole, with you having watched these players personally, it would appear that you are involved in scouting at some level, and you say you have a soft spot for Argyle, have you passed on these recommendations to the club ? If you have , would you know whether the club has shown any interest in looking at some or all of these players?
Also have you watched Ryan Rowe or any of the recent trialists at the club, such as Boli, Lokonga,Stevenson etc, if so how do they compare with your list.
One last question, with your knowledge of players plying their trade outside of the league, are you able to name a team from Goalkeeper to Striker of players who have the ability or potential to be equal to or better than the players we already have ,and preferably not out of Argyle's reach(in ambition or finance).

Thanks in advance Mole, i would love Argyle to pick up some inexpensive non league gems and alongside some experienced proffesionals(Larrieu, Purse :shh:,Fletcher and a strong target man like Brooker) turn them into very good league players.

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
Hi Dartington, I haven't passed the players on directly to the football club yet but anyone on here with contacts at the club can feel free to pass them on (if they haven't already).

Ryan Rowe - I've seen him - he's decent with league potential. The only reason i didn't include him in the list is because after your recent FA Cup game i'm sure the Argyle fans and Mr Fletcher are more than aware of what he's capable of. His record at Southern League level is good and he's still young enough (23) to make improvements and step up. Worth a punt at the right price (nominal).

Lokonga & Stevenson - Firstly i don't know a lot about Stevenson so no comment. I know of Lokonga from his time at Wolves and Port Vale (plus trial at Lincoln this summer) but i haven't seen enough of him to say what level he's capable of performing at to be honest. What i do know is he's a big, strong lad (about 6ft 2in) who's meant to have quite quick feet. P.S. There are a couple of other good strikers in the northern league - Peter Watling (Team Northumbria) and John Campbell (Bedlington Terriers).

I could pick a Conf Prem/North/South select team to match the best in League 2 (not just Argyle) and also a Best of the Rest XI:

Conf Prem/North/South XI: GK Chris M@xwell (Wrexham), RB Curtis Obeng (Wrexham), CB Josh Coulson (Cambridge), Shane Killock (AFC Telford Utd), LB Chris Stokes (Forest Green), RM Luke Williams (Hayes & Yeading), CM Danny Rose (Newport County), CM Jamie Chandler (Darlington), LM Daniel Bennett (Farnborough), ST Connor Jennings (Stalybridge Celtic), ST Reece Styche (Forest Green).....also notable mention to winger or striker Wes York (Nuneaton) - a posible future star.

Best of the Rest XI: GK James Warrington (Slough Town), RB Ashley Miller (Concord Rangers) or Kenny Strickland (Slelmersdale), CB Michael Chambers (Dulwich Hamlet), CB James Crane (Bognor Regis), LB Ryan Watts (Harrow Borough) or Jack Clark (Cray Wanderers), RM Shaun Densmore (Altrincham) or Reece Hall (Tooting & Mitcham) or Nyren Clunis (Dulwich Hamlet), CM Tony Stokes (Concord Rangers) or Ashley Parillon (Clitheroe), CM Dale Whitham (Chorley), LM Michael Gosney (AFC Totton) or Christian Nanetti (Lewes), ST Jason Prior (Bognor Regis) or Conor Washington (St Ives Town), ST Ross Allen (Guernsey) or Tom Pett (Potters Bar) or Nathan Howard (Dereham Town).