New Players | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Players

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
DartingtonPilgrim":a6m24bcl said:
Hi Mole, what else do you know about Jason Prior ? How old is he and how long has he been playing at current level.

Not 100% sure how old Prior is, but i'm led to believe he's in his early twenties (22/23ish), and he's been playing at Ryman League Div One South level since the summer of 2010 when he moved from Wessex League side Moneyfields.

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
DartingtonPilgrim":1wxdkgpa said:
Connor Jennings 2 more goals today against Stockport !

Indeed he did get another couple yesterday.

Also, Ross Allen scored another hat-trick (an amazing 42 goals in 23 games now), Jamie White scored again (a prolific 22 goals in 13 games) and Conor Washington also scored again (21 goals so far).

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Mole if you know some of these players you mention are not being actively pursued by clubs that are considerably higher than us, you should seriously get hold of Chris Webb.

Jun 18, 2006
I appreciate these players are being successful at the moment for their current clubs however most will have been released from league clubs at some point for a reason. Obviously someone didn't think they were good enough and the fact that they ended up in non-league probably confirms that. Compare that with Curtis Nelson - not good enough for Stoke at 16 but still picked up by a league club (us) at a lower level. If these lads were good enough, someone would have taken them on. Also, if someone is scoring at more than a goal a game (whatever the level) plenty of league scouts will have been and looked at them, yet they still remain at non-league level.

I also understand that we were not exactly in a position to be looking upwards for players, but with the purchase of Darren Purse that may now have changed.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Matt Neil":3chtwaes said:
Jon L":3chtwaes said:
I appreciate these players are being successful at the moment for their current clubs however most will have been released from league clubs at some point for a reason. Obviously someone didn't think they were good enough and the fact that they ended up in non-league probably confirms that. Compare that with Curtis Nelson - not good enough for Stoke at 16 but still picked up by a league club (us) at a lower level. If these lads were good enough, someone would have taken them on. Also, if someone is scoring at more than a goal a game (whatever the level) plenty of league scouts will have been and looked at them, yet they still remain at non-league level.

I also understand that we were not exactly in a position to be looking upwards for players, but with the purchase of Darren Purse that may now have changed.

:crazy: Like Jermain Beckford and Charlie Austin for example?
And (stating the bleeding obvious here) Craig Noone?

Non-League players don't have one leg, our experiences against Stourbridge ought to have taught us that :lol:

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
Jon L":2wllk5pu said:

I mean this with all due respect, but you are talking absolute rubbish.

For a start you probably haven't seen any of them play so how you can comment, directly or indirectly, about their ability or lack of is beyond me.

Secondly Jermaine Beckford was once on the books of Chelsea before playing in non-league, Burnley's Charlie Austin and Marvin Bartley were both on the books of Reading before ending up in non-league, Chris Smalling was on the books of Millwall, Michael Kightly was originally on the books of Spurs then dropped into non-league before getting picked up by Southend then was released and dropped into the non-league ranks again, Anthony Pilkington was on the books of Man Utd/Blackburn/Preston, Craig Dawson was on the books of Man City, Steve Morison was once on the books of Northampton....I could go on if you want?

Every player is different and some develop quicker than others.

I take it you missed the list of former non-league players currently performing in the Prem/football league in the 1st page of this thread then?

Ignorance is bliss and all that. :roll:

Well said Mole. Non-league is where we should be doing most of our scouting. We won't be spending a lot on transfer fees so this is where the value for money is.

Mixing players like those listed with some experienced pros like Purse, Chadwick and a couple more in january and the summer is the way to go.

Now please assure me that you are in contact with someone at the club about these players. :greensmile:

Aug 7, 2010
Bas Savage anyone? contract terminated by Northampton, here some info

- 29 years old
- 6ft 3inches
- lots of experience with many different clubs
- loves Spiderman

images

worth a shot or not?

GTTB Resurgam":1ygkp9u0 said:
Well said Mole. Non-league is where we should be doing most of our scouting. We won't be spending a lot on transfer fees so this is where the value for money is.

Mixing players like those listed with some experienced pros like Purse, Chadwick and a couple more in january and the summer is the way to go.

Now please assure me that you are in contact with someone at the club about these players. :greensmile:

Peterbrough shopped in the non leagues a few years ago a built a team that got to the championship

Mar 12, 2008
Leeds
Devonportender":iwwls97f said:
GTTB Resurgam":iwwls97f said:

Peterbrough shopped in the non leagues a few years ago a built a team that got to the championship

Indeed they did. George Boyd, Craig Mackail-Smith and Aaron McLean all signed from non-league. They didn't turn out too bad did they?

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
Compton Green":9693oud4 said:
Bas Savage anyone? contract terminated by Northampton, here some info

- 29 years old
- 6ft 3inches
- lots of experience with many different clubs
- loves Spiderman

images

worth a shot or not?

Not. :thumbdown: ;)

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
Mole":eao1f3qn said:
Ashley Parillon, 23 year old - Ex Manchester United and Preston youth.

“Ashley Parillon has got 10 goals already this season and it’s not even Christmas yet,” said Clitheroe manager Carl Garner.

“He’s a massive player for us.

“When his head is clear, and he’s right, Ashley is the best player at this level.

I can’t think of any other player at this level who could score 20 goals plus for Clitheroe from midfield.

“That’s what he gives us. In the final third of the pitch he is just awesome.

“What he brings to us is priceless – he gets in the box at the right time and creates chances.

“The boy could definitely play higher.”

http://www.clitheroeadvertiser.co.uk/sp ... _1_4033590

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
paulysalz":32v3fs0y said:
Devonportender":32v3fs0y said:
GTTB Resurgam":32v3fs0y said:

Indeed they did. George Boyd, Craig Mackail-Smith and Aaron McLean all signed from non-league. They didn't turn out too bad did they?

You can add Matt Ethrington and Jimmy Bullard (I think) to that list

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
Bubba":1ebm4183 said:
paulysalz":1ebm4183 said:
Devonportender":1ebm4183 said:
GTTB Resurgam":1ebm4183 said:

You can add Matt Ethrington and Jimmy Bullard (I think) to that list

Bullard has played non-league but Truro born Etherington hasn't.

Lee Tomlin and Paul Taylor are both ex non-league players currently impressing at Championship level with Peterboro'.