New Players | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Players

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Thanks Mole, would never have heard of him without your OP,also, never realised Stalybridge were only 2 leagues below us. Have tried to find information on all the players you mentioned , as i would love Argyle to sign some unknown players who can shine in leagues 2 and 1. Enjoyed watching the videos too, Jennings certainly knows where the goal is, he looks very composed. Do you have any links for other players, such as Prior.

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
DartingtonPilgrim":21ixbiyf said:
Thanks Mole, would never have heard of him without your OP,also, never realised Stalybridge were only 2 leagues below us. Have tried to find information on all the players you mentioned , as i would love Argyle to sign some unknown players who can shine in leagues 2 and 1. Enjoyed watching the videos too, Jennings certainly knows where the goal is, he looks very composed. Do you have any links for other players, such as Prior.

Prior:

7 goals in 2 days - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haHn_0KuO6o

Aerial prowess - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUXNPER_rGs

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
Matt Neil":1cqz4krt said:
Mole":1cqz4krt said:
There are some highlights of Guernsey's Ross Allen here: http://www.guernseyfc.com/the-team-fixtures-and-results

The standard he is up against is extremely poor, but he is a clinical goalscorer with good movement (reminds me a little bit of Scunny's Chris Dagnell) and i know for a fact he is being monitored by higher level teams, as is Prior.

Still an extremely good record though.

Problem I see with signing non league strikers is they'd become incredibly frustrated at Argyle with the lack of service. The standard they play at now, they get the ball far more often but stepping up to League 2 and with the side we have, I'm not sure they'll see enough of the ball to score the goals.

Unbelievable goal record.

He also scored a hat-trick in pre season against a Bristol City U19 team and 2 goals against League Two Wimbledon.

If you don't create many chances you'll just have to sign up one or two of the attacking midfielders i mentioned too... :D

May 18, 2011
hi mole living where i do just outside bognor there is hype about jason prior, but do you no what happened to ben johnson who played for them last season he went on trial to dagenham in the summer do you no if they signed him up

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
sussex green":2p9qdzio said:
hi mole living where i do just outside bognor there is hype about jason prior, but do you no what happened to ben johnson who played for them last season he went on trial to dagenham in the summer do you no if they signed him up

Hi Sussex, Johnson did spend some time on trial at Dagenham during the summer, according to some reports he impressed and his management at Bognor expected him to sign a contract. It didn't happen for whatever reason and he stayed at Bognor. So far this season he's made 29 appearances scoring 5 goals.

B

banbury_green

Mole, I coach at Banbury United (within the youth section) is Will Green on your radar? Released by Northampton but playing really well for banbury this season.

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
banbury_green":3gz9i6f8 said:
Mole, I coach at Banbury United (within the youth section) is Will Green on your radar? Released by Northampton but playing really well for banbury this season.

I've only seen a little bit of Will Green so it's very difficult to give an accurate assessment him to be honest. From the little i've seen of him he looks decent, is only 18, has potential and is into double figures (11 i think) in the Southern Prem so far.

He recently joined fellow Southern Prem team Brackley Town and is certainly one to keep an eye on.

P

Paul_Roberts

This is all very interesting, but unless Fletcher reads the Pasoti rumours board, I don't quite see what the point of this thread is...

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I'm sure Mr president would have given fletch a little nudge

P

Paul_Roberts

Tugboat":2l8samyl said:
I'm sure Mr president would have given fletch a little nudge

Hopefully. It sounds like some of these players are worth looking at, but it's all a bit pointless talking about them on here.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
And the award for the most pointless Pasoti thread goes to...

Seriously, if these players are as good as you say they are Mole, why don't you get in touch with Chris/Fletch/Ro to let them know? Part of the reason I say this is because I'm sure many of these players would be great signings for us.

I just don't see the point in harping on about them on here, write to someone who can actually do something about it, or at the very least tell you to stop wasting your time if we've no interest.

Aug 7, 2010
Paul_Roberts":102mla4x said:
This is all very interesting, but unless Fletcher reads the Pasoti rumours board, I don't quite see what the point of this thread is...

Exactly how I feel

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Mole: you've been asked several times now why you don't contact someone at the club and you've not yet given an answer. You've obviously got a wealth of knowledge but what's the point unless you actually share it with those who can act upon your leads? Do it for us!