New Players | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Players

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
Argyle1886":2i8q41zz said:
Mole":2i8q41zz said:
Neilio":2i8q41zz said:
Mole - fair play mate, top list. I'd be interested to know how you complied the list, PM if necessary. I only ask as I used to play in the South Western League, and two friends of mine are now playing in the leagues you talk of. If you're local, I'd be interested to know if I know you.

They're not nuggets anymore though, they're 30, like me :) However, as kids, one was at Norwich and the other at Wolves.

The list was complied after watching them play. They're all untapped gems (nuggets if you're Luggy ;) ) and with their ability deserve to be playing at a higher level.

I know Argyle are looking for players and with finances the way they have been recently you could do a lot worse than those players i mentioned. I'd be very surprised if 60/70% of them aren't picked up by bigger clubs in the next couple of years.

I've got a real soft spot for Argyle and i desperately hope you turn your season around and start climbing the leagues again.

Good luck. :thumbup:

Out of interest. Do you scout local leagues in Plymouth & Cornwall for players? I've seen heck of alot of players in U17/U18 leagues and upwards who have never been touched by Argyle or professional teams due to never having the chance who are definatly capable of playing football league standard football. Would be such a shame to see such talent in the young lads to go to waste! :thumbdown:

I've seen very little of the local Devon and Cornwall scene to be honest (i'm sure it is an untapped market) but i've watched a few teams in the Peninsula League in recent times and there are players who could play at a higher level - Chris Luxton (Bodmin) is a decent young striker with potential. Ex Argyle youth i think.

Also Glyn Hobbs (Plymouth Parkway) has all the ability to play in the football league but unfortunately has a criminal record as long as your arm so clubs won't touch him - If it wasn't for his off field problems he'd be playing at a much higher level for sure. His strength and ability to dominate is frightening at that level. Even Man Utd were said to be interested a few years back according to the local press.

A

Argyle1886

Mole":l1r2eojs said:
Argyle1886":l1r2eojs said:
Mole":l1r2eojs said:
Neilio":l1r2eojs said:
Mole - fair play mate, top list. I'd be interested to know how you complied the list, PM if necessary. I only ask as I used to play in the South Western League, and two friends of mine are now playing in the leagues you talk of. If you're local, I'd be interested to know if I know you.

They're not nuggets anymore though, they're 30, like me :) However, as kids, one was at Norwich and the other at Wolves.

The list was complied after watching them play. They're all untapped gems (nuggets if you're Luggy ;) ) and with their ability deserve to be playing at a higher level.

I know Argyle are looking for players and with finances the way they have been recently you could do a lot worse than those players i mentioned. I'd be very surprised if 60/70% of them aren't picked up by bigger clubs in the next couple of years.

I've got a real soft spot for Argyle and i desperately hope you turn your season around and start climbing the leagues again.

Good luck. :thumbup:

Out of interest. Do you scout local leagues in Plymouth & Cornwall for players? I've seen heck of alot of players in U17/U18 leagues and upwards who have never been touched by Argyle or professional teams due to never having the chance who are definatly capable of playing football league standard football. Would be such a shame to see such talent in the young lads to go to waste! :thumbdown:

I've seen very little of the local Devon and Cornwall scene to be honest (i'm sure it is an untapped market) but i've watched a few teams in the Peninsula League in recent times and there are players who could play at a higher level - Chris Luxton (Bodmin) is a decent young striker with potential. Ex Argyle youth i think.

Also Glyn Hobbs (Plymouth Parkway) has all the ability to play in the football league but unfortunately has a criminal record as long as your arm so clubs won't touch him - If it wasn't for his off field problems he'd be playing at a much higher level for sure. His strength and ability to dominate is frightening at that level. Even Man Utd were said to be interested a few years back according to the local press.

Yes,

I'm also on about the U18 & U17 leagues. Some very good players with potential who have been untapped by any form of COE/Youth training before. I was wondering how they would get the chance to prove themselfs? Should they contact a club asking for trials? Attend open-trial days? (Rarely happens though). I hate to see such talent be missed simply because scouts rarely/if ever have a look at those leagues. :banghead:

Cheers,

Al :thumbs:

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
All these strikers getting 15 goals per game are great - BUT - if you put Rooney / Saurez / Henry in our team and didn't give them the ball then they wouldn't score would they ?????
How many strikers actually create the opportunity and score the goal ???

Get my drift ???

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
tigertony":32r6gcve said:
All these strikers getting 15 goals per game are great - BUT - if you put Rooney / Saurez / Henry in our team and didn't give them the ball then they wouldn't score would they ?????

Get my drift ???

Sign 'em all.. :crazy:

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
tigertony":2d6ivrf2 said:

Get my drift ???

Good Joke there Im sure !! Whos the only player to stop David Villa Scoring yep Plymouth Argyle when we sign him ! :D

Same for the Liverpool Fans who can stop Torres Chelsea when they sign him !

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
GreenEden":38ifr201 said:
tigertony":38ifr201 said:

Get my drift ???

Good Joke there Im sure !! Whos the only player to stop David Villa Scoring yep Plymouth Argyle when we sign him ! :D

Same for the Liverpool Fans who can stop Torres Chelsea when they sign him !

You have won the joke of the day !!!
Prize ....Hhmmmmmmmmm ... ideas ??????

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
Some of the performances on Saturday of players i've mentioned in this thread:

Jason Prior, striker - 2 goals on Saturday (25 goals in 25 games so far in 11/12)
Ross Allen, striker - 3 goals on Saturday (39 goals in 22 games so far in 11/12)
Wes York, winger/striker - 1 goal, 3 assists on Saturday. (4 goals, 6 assists in 5 games for Nuneaton, 10 goals in 15 for Anstey Nomads)
Ashley Parillon, central midfielder - 3 goals on Saturday (10 goals so far in 11/12)

A bit more background on Parillon and York who haven't really been mentioned so much in this thread:

Ashley Parillon, 23 year old - Ex Manchester United and Preston youth.
Wesley York, 18 year old - Ex Leicester, Notts Forest, Derby youth.

Not mentioned so far in this thread is Jack Redshaw who scored 2 today in the Conf North:

Jack Redshaw, 20 year old, striker, Altrincham (Ex Man City youth). Scored 12 goals in 13 starts for Salford City in all competitions during 11/12 before a move to Altrincham where he has 4 goals in 4 starts. He also scored 2 goals for Alty in a friendly against a Manchester United XI recently. After the game this is what Utd Reserve coach Paul Scholes said:

“They were two great goals, even if we were a little bit disappointed with the way we defended them,” he said. “From what I’ve seen, he can be a prolific scorer for this club, especially against Conference North defenders, who are going to find him a real handful.

“He’s a tough little lad and definitely a clever footballer. You can be disappointed all you want defensively, but you have to say both goals were really well taken.

“It was a great pass in to him for the first, and a great touch to bring it under control and set up a shooting chance. And to crack it into the bottom corner past a top-class keeper like Tomasz Kuszczak was the mark of a clinical finisher.

“It was clever football for the second, the way he deceived Tomasz, and it’s a real feather in his cap to score twice against a Premier League keeper. He can go away feeling really pleased with himself.”

http://www.messengernewspapers.co.uk/sp ... y_striker/

Aug 7, 2010
Mole":1qofr0jf said:
Some of the performances on Saturday of players i've mentioned in this thread:

Jason Prior, striker - 2 goals on Saturday (25 goals in 25 games so far in 11/12)
Ross Allen, striker - 3 goals on Saturday (39 goals in 22 games so far in 11/12)
Wes York, winger/striker - 1 goal, 3 assists on Saturday. (4 goals, 6 assists in 5 games for Nuneaton, 10 goals in 15 for Anstey Nomads)
Ashley Parillon, central midfielder - 3 goals on Saturday (10 goals so far in 11/12)

A bit more background on Parillon and York who haven't really been mentioned so much in this thread:

Ashley Parillon, 23 year old - Ex Manchester United and Preston youth.
Wesley York, 18 year old - Ex Leicester, Notts Forest, Derby youth.

Not mentioned so far in this thread is Jack Redshaw who scored 2 today in the Conf North:

Jack Redshaw, 20 year old, striker, Altrincham (Ex Man City youth). Scored 12 goals in 13 starts for Salford City in all competitions during 11/12 before a move to Altrincham where he has 4 goals in 4 starts. He also scored 2 goals for Alty in a friendly against a Manchester United XI recently. After the game this is what Utd Reserve coach Paul Scholes said:

“They were two great goals, even if we were a little bit disappointed with the way we defended them,” he said. “From what I’ve seen, he can be a prolific scorer for this club, especially against Conference North defenders, who are going to find him a real handful.

“He’s a tough little lad and definitely a clever footballer. You can be disappointed all you want defensively, but you have to say both goals were really well taken.

“It was a great pass in to him for the first, and a great touch to bring it under control and set up a shooting chance. And to crack it into the bottom corner past a top-class keeper like Tomasz Kuszczak was the mark of a clinical finisher.

“It was clever football for the second, the way he deceived Tomasz, and it’s a real feather in his cap to score twice against a Premier League keeper. He can go away feeling really pleased with himself.”

http://www.messengernewspapers.co.uk/sp ... y_striker/

Lets face it mate; none of these players are going to sign.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Mole are you a scout?

If not the you should be :thumbup:

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
Update from tonight:

Jason Prior - 1 goal
Wes York - 1 goal, also brought down for a penalty which was scored
Luke Williams - 2 goals

18 year old Wesley York is a fantastic prospect, one of the most exciting and talented players currently playing in the Blue Square North. The ex Derby, Leicester and Nottingham Forest youngster has only been at Nuneaton Town since November after signing from East Midlands Counties League side Anstey Nomads. So far he has created quite an impression amongst the Nuneaton fans, and a big buzz in the local press with his performances. If he's there before the end of the season i will be very surprised because the lad has tremendous ability and potential, it's early days, but that's 5 goals and 7 assists in 6 games now. Wes York in action for Anstey Nomads - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnai2p5cGgk

Luke Williams is the winger i said reminds me a bit of Craig Noone. He's quick, skillfull, able to go either side with the ball at his feet and has the potential to get a goal with either foot as he is genuinely two footed - something of a rarity in the modern game. An excellent player who is starting to attract more and more attention.

Jason Prior is just a game machine. Nuff said. I heard a whisper tonight that Bourenemouth are considering a bid with a view to signing him in January, that wouldn't surprise me as A. they have made a number of signings from non-league in recent months/years, and B. he's an excellent striker - dominant in the air, clinical finisher, holds the ball up well and brings others into play. A football league quality striker.

Bournemouth are also looking at ex Southampton Academy player of the year/academy top goal scorer Jamie White at Winchester City who has 21 goals in just 12 Wessex League Prem games... ;)

:thumbup: :scarf:

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
Mole":2mhw81nh said:
18 year old Wesley York is a fantastic prospect, one of the most exciting and talented players currently playing in the Blue Square North. The ex Derby, Leicester and Nottingham Forest youngster has only been at Nuneaton Town since November after signing from East Midlands Counties League side Anstey Nomads. So far he has created quite an impression amongst the Nuneaton fans, and a big buzz in the local press with his performances. If he's there before the end of the season i will be very surprised because the lad has tremendous ability and potential, it's early days, but that's 5 goals and 7 assists in 6 games now. Wes York in action for Anstey Nomads - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnai2p5cGgk

Paul Peschisolido has confirmed an interest in Nuneaton Town’s rookie striker Wes York.

The 18-year-old has had a big impact on the Blue Square Bet North side since being snapped up from Anstey Nomads, scoring five goals and making eight assists in his first eight games.

The Brewers boss said: “The boy is on our radar because he’s got a lot of potential.” Birmingham City, Cardiff City and Watford have also had scouts at recent Nuneaton games.

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/Sport/Derby ... 122011.htm