Next AFT meeting with Martyn Starnes on 21st March | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next AFT meeting with Martyn Starnes on 21st March

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You and many others Connor.

Point is though, Frank is an Argyle fan and it's Argyle we're talking about.

His political and personal views have bugger all to do with the job in hand.

I spoke to someone very close to the AFT, the person has been there for years, the comment was 'Frank is Frank'.

I've also spoke to an ex Chairman (not Webby) about it, and his words were identical.

He might have 'old fashioned' and outdated views, but should that stop him being involved?

The ex Chairman has terrible political views (in MY opinion) who stopped him stepping up?

Jan 3, 2013
IJN":31fm9le4 said:

I spoke to someone very close to the AFT, the person has been there for years, the comment was 'Frank is Frank'.

I've also spoke to an ex Chairman (not Webby) about it, and his words were identical.

He might have 'old fashioned' and outdated views, but should that stop him being involved?

The ex Chairman has terrible political views (in MY opinion) who stopped him stepping up?
yeah surprise surprise I'm my own man, a law abiding retired grandfather who has held high posts in the commercial and military world who just happens to be a Thatcherite who has in his time been uncomfortable with regards to non heterosexuals. I've adjusted ......ask lee Jamison! Did I deserve the bile directed at me by two certain individuals.? No! Am I delighted I withdrew ? Too right! Yet a certain other individual holds such left wing views they make my right of centre views seem tame. Is he vilified? No. One day you'll all here the real story of how my Facebook page was hacked, and phone calls received etc but not for this site, now leave me out of it.. All I'll say to The Slug is we Virgoans have a loooong memory

Feb 22, 2015
IJN":35ns90kh said:

Maybe this, from the AFT rules - on their website, could explain why someone promoting 'outdated' views might be considered unsuitable whilst someone who's politics are more progressive might not need to be stopped from stepping up.

"4.5 being a positive, inclusive and representative organisation, open and accessible to all
supporters of the Club regardless of their age, income, ethnicity, gender, disability,
sexuality or religious or moral belief."

And if you considered the previous Chairman had such terrible views, why didn't you challenge his right to stand?