Next AFT meeting with Martyn Starnes on 21st March | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next AFT meeting with Martyn Starnes on 21st March

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
memory man":pzcxpj03 said:
tonycholwell":pzcxpj03 said:
argyledad":pzcxpj03 said:
The minutes have now been posted Dunlop and I apologise for the delay. I cannot comment on the previous chair as I never served under him. What I do think is that Fans' Trusts CAN play a vital role in supporting their clubs. Exeter have done very well this season considering they are run by a Fans' Trust with no sugar daddy. Meanwhile Torquay's Fans' Trust has received a lot of positive coverage in the last week. With a thousand paid up members the AFT I would suggest represents quite a high proportion of regular fans. One in every 6 or 7 in fact, which ain't bad in my opinion.

Dear Argyledad

I hate to tell you but the minutes of your meeting with Martyn in March are not on your website.

The last meeting reported was on the 7th March, an internal meeting where you reported (nearly) a thousand members including 140 juniors, who I think don't pay.

It is to your credit then that you have boosted membership in under a month to, as you say above, 1000 paid up members, from the (approximately) 850 you had on the 7th. Or have I misread something somewhere?
I don't think I have ever seen "I hate to" written with such glee.

Me neither. He may have a point, but the glee with which certain people greet any setback to the trust board is distasteful to say the least.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
David_Fisher":2u9tjrah said:
memory man":2u9tjrah said:
tonycholwell":2u9tjrah said:
argyledad":2u9tjrah said:
The minutes have now been posted Dunlop and I apologise for the delay. I cannot comment on the previous chair as I never served under him. What I do think is that Fans' Trusts CAN play a vital role in supporting their clubs. Exeter have done very well this season considering they are run by a Fans' Trust with no sugar daddy. Meanwhile Torquay's Fans' Trust has received a lot of positive coverage in the last week. With a thousand paid up members the AFT I would suggest represents quite a high proportion of regular fans. One in every 6 or 7 in fact, which ain't bad in my opinion.

Dear Argyledad

I hate to tell you but the minutes of your meeting with Martyn in March are not on your website.

The last meeting reported was on the 7th March, an internal meeting where you reported (nearly) a thousand members including 140 juniors, who I think don't pay.

It is to your credit then that you have boosted membership in under a month to, as you say above, 1000 paid up members, from the (approximately) 850 you had on the 7th. Or have I misread something somewhere?

But Tony is spot on - as far as I can tell the minutes have still not been "posted", certainly not on the AFT website.

As a Trust member (1593) I would be interested to see them.
Yes so would I as member 1736, but I don't understand why people are so pleased to see that they are NOT there. It is the kind of stuff I left behind at Camels Head Primary when I left in 1958.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
memory man":2omzu6gu said:
David_Fisher":2omzu6gu said:
memory man":2omzu6gu said:
tonycholwell":2omzu6gu said:
argyledad":2omzu6gu said:

Dear Argyledad

But Tony is spot on - as far as I can tell the minutes have still not been "posted", certainly not on the AFT website.

Yes so would I as member 1736, but I don't understand why people are so pleased to see that they are NOT there. It is the kind of stuff I left behind at Camels Head Primary when I left in 1958.

i have always found MM that it is dangerous to assume too much from the written word and particularly when trying to guess feelings unless specifically recorded.

And so it has come to pass.....

There is nothing in my comment that hints at glee or anything else. It seems Camels Head didn't teach you as much as you think:)

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
tonycholwell":1rirgoal said:
memory man":1rirgoal said:
David_Fisher":1rirgoal said:
memory man":1rirgoal said:
tonycholwell":1rirgoal said:
argyledad":1rirgoal said:

Dear Argyledad

i have always found MM that it is dangerous to assume too much from the written word and particularly when trying to guess feelings unless specifically recorded.

And so it has come to pass.....

There is nothing in my comment that hints at glee or anything else. It seems Camels Head didn't teach you as much as you think:)
You are indeed correct that it "is dangerous to assume to much from the written word". I certainly made no reference to how much I learned. We will leave it where it is - you think I am misinterpreting and Womble and I think differently. That's life on PASOTI. Anyway, I'm off to watch a DVD. It is called Sniper:Reloaded and I'm told it is really good.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Snipers you say?
Sorry but I can't quote my AFT membership number, but I know that I've paid for another year, just the other day.
The minutes will be up when they're up.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
IJN":3ur7ncb6 said:
Exactly what I think.

Gawd, there's some anoraks about.
There was at Wolverhampton Civic last Friday night Ian
It was 'Anoraknophobia' night at MWUK2015
hasn't the week gone fast?
Fingers crossed for 3 points as my birthday present from Argyle tomorrow. :thumbs:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Make it three as I misinterpreted it too MM. How should I interpret your choice of DVD though? That made me chuckle.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
jerryatricjanner":2kqupxzn said:
Make it three as I misinterpreted it too MM. How should I interpret your choice of DVD though? That made me chuckle.
I think I was wholly misinterpreted as it was actually a pro-AFT choice of movie! I was actually expressing 100% agreement with IJN's post of Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:02 pm - he used "poking" while I referred to sniping. Having become fed-up with hours of politics on TV, I just got irritated this morning that the same thing seems to surround our football club. I just have the same aim as everyone else - that things get better at HP from the boardroom, across the pitch and on to the surroundings, starting with six or seven points from the final three games. I also have reservations about carping at volunteers who are doing their very best for the club and it's support. I may not agree with everything they do or say but they have put their head above the parapet when others (like me) stand back and hope. Anyway, movie now finished and I am off for a walk - now where did I put that anorak?

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
memory man":3nljud1z said:
jerryatricjanner":3nljud1z said:
I think I was wholly misinterpreted as it was actually a pro-AFT choice of movie! I was actually expressing 100% agreement with IJN's post of Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:02 pm - he used "poking" while I referred to sniping. Having become fed-up with hours of politics on TV, I just got irritated this morning that the same thing seems to surround our football club. I just have the same aim as everyone else - that things get better at HP from the boardroom, across the pitch and on to the surroundings, starting with six or seven points from the final three games. I also have reservations about carping at volunteers who are doing their very best for the club and it's support. I may not agree with everything they do or say but they have put their head above the parapet when others (like me) stand back and hope. Anyway, movie now finished and I am off for a walk - now where did I put that anorak?
:thumbs:
I'm going to vote, but I try and avoid the politics on tv.
Much rather have the pasoti politics :lol:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's not really politics is it?

Frank got booted by the AFT (wrongly in my opinion) so he's bitter, and Tony tried as hard as anyone to make the PASB work but again, he's simply anti the AFT because he feels shafted (which I agree with then, knowing who was behind it then).

I was the same when Slyman was in charge, so I'm no better.

However as MM said we now (we didn't before) have a hard working Chairman with a decent crew around him, so why not let those people get on with it?

I also agree with MM about people putting their heads about the parapet, there are always small minded jealous types who snark from the sidelines, yet never, ever do they stand up and be counted when it matters.

Well done to the AFT people, they obviously believe in what the AFT stand for.

C

Connor Clarke

IJN":30t9kvgp said:
It's not really politics is it?

Frank got booted by the AFT (wrongly in my opinion) so he's bitter, and Tony tried as hard as anyone to make the PASB work but again, he's simply anti the AFT because he feels shafted (which I agree with then, knowing who was behind it then).

I was the same when Slyman was in charge, so I'm no better.

However as MM said we now (we didn't before) have a hard working Chairman with a decent crew around him, so why not let those people get on with it?

I also agree with MM about people putting their heads about the parapet, there are always small minded jealous types who snark from the sidelines, yet never, ever do they stand up and be counted when it matters.

Well done to the AFT people, they obviously believe in what the AFT stand for.

More like they had no other option (And the reason why he was 'booted out' is something I feel very strongly about...)