Next Seasons Home Shirt 2015-16 | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next Seasons Home Shirt 2015-16

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
keeno79":36n2uf3f said:
Adam Dyer":36n2uf3f said:
Pasties and Cider":36n2uf3f said:
Sorry Paven (and Adam) but that's awful. Mind you, better than stripes.

X Isle":36n2uf3f said:
One green, not multiple greens

Never again should they send us out a 'mixed identity' kit like the NWO's Adidas three green abomination.

Obviously I've a strong preference for our now established and identifiable Argyle green, but, subject to a majority vote (which there's never been) I'd even rather see an pukey pale Yeovil green than a mixed green kit. Hopefully that demonstrates to those who know I'd brandish a pitchfork in defence of Argyle green JUST how abhorrent I must find mixing greens up :shock:

People dislike the word branding but it does have a very important purpose. It distinguishes us. A multiple green sends out the message that even we don't even know who we are :facepalm:

It's not a brilliant design but each to their own and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Like I said before, all these designs are just 'fantasy' and shouldn't be taken too seriously. Obviously they may start discussions and debates and to be honest, that's healthy, and I find interesting because we get such a range of opinions from a range of different supporters - some newer supporters, some supporters from back in the day - it's amazing to see how each supporter has their own 'version' of Argyle.

All in all, I'm happy just contributing to the forum and this just a way of doing, if people want a design and it's possible for me to do then I'll do it.

Adam, what the heck is this post about! far to sensible! ;)

I have my moments. ;)

Jun 8, 2014
X Isle":a3s4j4hp said:
One green, not multiple greens :thumbdown:

Never again should they send us out a 'mixed identity' kit like the NWO's Adidas three green abomination.

Obviously I've a strong preference for our now established and identifiable Argyle green, but, subject to a majority vote (which there's never been) I'd even rather see an pukey pale Yeovil green than a mixed green kit. Hopefully that demonstrates to those who know I'd brandish a pitchfork in defence of Argyle green JUST how abhorrent I must find mixing greens up :shock:

People dislike the word branding but it does have a very important purpose. It distinguishes us. A multiple green sends out the message that even we don't even know who we are :facepalm:

The idea that multiple greens shows we don't know our identity is ridiculous, it's not a completely different colour, it's merely shades. There's so much disagreement over the type of green we should wear, so why not incorperate different ones?

Even clubs like Manchester United change to different kit styles and incorporate different shades of red. Frankly it's quite boring to keep the same year on year. I agree about 'Argyle green', but I, and many other youngsters are becoming less and less bothered with heritage. I mean, a club crest and a stadium is very different to a kit.

I, and a lot of others view Argyle as playing in green. I like the shade we have but couldn't give a squat if we changed shade, green is green though having it darker makes us a touch more identifiable.

I think we need to keep more up to date with the modern styles, move forward, make kits a bit more interesting. I pray we never have a plain green shirt again, it's just so dull.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Paven":3kq2xx0e said:
X Isle":3kq2xx0e said:

People dislike the word branding but it does have a very important purpose. It distinguishes us. A multiple green sends out the message that even we don't even know who we are

The idea that multiple greens shows we don't know our identity is ridiculous, it's not a completely different colour, it's merely shades. There's so much disagreement over the type of green we should wear, so why not incorperate different ones?

Even clubs like Manchester United change to different kit styles and incorporate different shades of red. Frankly it's quite boring to keep the same year on year. I agree about 'Argyle green', but I, and many other youngsters are becoming less and less bothered with heritage. I mean, a club crest and a stadium is very different to a kit.

I, and a lot of others view Argyle as playing in green. I like the shade we have but couldn't give a squat if we changed shade, green is green though having it darker makes us a touch more identifiable.

I think we need to keep more up to date with the modern styles, move forward, make kits a bit more interesting. I pray we never have a plain green shirt again, it's just so dull.

I hope by "many other youngsters" you still mean a minority else we're all fecked if the next generation don't care for our heritage :facepalm:

People always talk about players needing to "play for the shirt" because the Argyle shirt means something, it stands for everything that this club represents, it is our identity and provides that link between the players wearing it on the pitch and the fans wearing it in the stand. Thing is that shirt isn't just a badge plonked onto any old background not even any old green, the shirt that holds value to us as fans is coloured green, not just any old green either but Argyle's green and has been in some form or another ever since I started supporting this club a good 12 years ago now, it means something to me.

If you don't care for the shade of green then fine wear any old green you like to games, simple as that. For some of us though do care, it holds value in that it differentiates our Argyle from any old club up and down the FL. When I see that green I see our players celebrating with the Division 2 trophy wearing that colour, I see Karl Duguid charging celebrating like we'd won the FA Cup at the Emirates wearing our colours, I see Marino Keith heading home the first ever goal I saw at Home Park. If the shade of green doesn't matter to you then fine, but it bleddy well does to me :scarf:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
We're known as the Green Army. Our identity is GREEN, not the Pantone 3308 Green Army or the Lime Green Army.

Fine, the dark green reminds people of Friio scoring against QPR, but the light green also reminds me of the 1996 play-off final or the early 90s when I first saw Argyle with my dad as a toddler.

Nowt wrong with changing it up every so often, I say.

C

Cobi Budge.

I actually quite liked the mixed shades of green during our season in league 1, kit was ruined by the new world badge though.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Paven":309326nc said:
X Isle":309326nc said:

"Interesting" kits are generally the worst ones.

Classic, minimal fuss shirts are 99% of the time the best ones - see Everton's shirt this season, or dare I say it, England's.

As happy as my memories of us wearing it are, the 1996 kit was an absolute vomit of a design :facepalm:

A

Alderney Green

Adam Dyer":latkmwa3 said:
GreenArmy1984":latkmwa3 said:
Love to see Full Green & White Stripes Next Season

Stripes 4 Argyle !!! :scarf:

Like this? Juventus style from the early 90's.

Juventus_Stripes.png

Love this one

C

Cobi Budge.

Needs a lot more green. As does our current one imo. But I do prefer that design.

Jun 8, 2014
Biggs":8ircov8g said:
We're known as the Green Army. Our identity is GREEN, not the Pantone 3308 Green Army or the Lime Green Army.

Fine, the dark green reminds people of Friio scoring against QPR, but the light green also reminds me of the 1996 play-off final or the early 90s when I first saw Argyle with my dad as a toddler.

Yeah exactly.

The reaction (as I should have expected) was as though I'd requested we start playing in blue and red or something ridiculous. Chikey, never thought suggesting two slightly different but STILL GREEN (ffs) shades would cause such a problem.

Green is green - slightly different shades wont matter to those who actually have to wear it.

C

Cobi Budge.

Paven":22izxtff said:
Biggs":22izxtff said:

Yeah exactly.

The reaction (as I should have expected) was as though I'd requested we start playing in blue and red or something ridiculous. Chikey, never thought suggesting two slightly different but STILL GREEN (ffs) shades would cause such a problem.

Green is green - slightly different shades wont matter to those who actually have to wear it.

I liked our blue kit last season :oops:

I think it was a lot better than our away strip now, who on earth thought yellow and orange would work well?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
How's about new green stripes with old (light) green stripes? perhaps with a thin separating white stripe between stripes (stripe after stripe, stripe after stripe, slowly drifting away), black shorts, white socks , now everyone has got their choice!! :lol: :lol: :scarf:

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Pogleswoody":2e8s5yvu said:
How's about new green stripes with old (light) green stripes? perhaps with a thin separating white stripe between stripes (stripe after stripe, stripe after stripe, slowly drifting away), black shorts, white socks , now everyone has got their choice!! :lol: :lol: :scarf:

Now I don't know about you guys but I reckon this would sell-out in minutes.....

Juventus_Stripes_Green_Layer.png

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Adam Dyer":f5pvhjc1 said:
Pogleswoody":f5pvhjc1 said:
How's about new green stripes with old (light) green stripes? perhaps with a thin separating white stripe between stripes (stripe after stripe, stripe after stripe, slowly drifting away), black shorts, white socks , now everyone has got their choice!!

Now I don't know about you guys but I reckon this would sell-out in minutes.....

Juventus_Stripes_Green_Layer.png

Oh Adam!! I wish I could do that! but I can just about open an e-mail! :sad:

Love the Harlequin Argyle look!! :lol:

But I do wonder if the old bright green with the new (can't see it at a night game) green might be combined. Add a splash of white and you've got our tradition, both green for both camps (bright green yeay!!), black shorts or socks and we could still be the team that plays in green. Away kit could be a reverse of the home kit.

don't like blue, orange or yellow tbh!