Next Seasons Home Shirt 2015-16 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next Seasons Home Shirt 2015-16

Jul 29, 2010
It's called fan engagement Argyle. Asking us to vote on three designs produced in trap two of the gents toilets at Puma HQ doth not genuine fan engagement make.

Not only will it produce you more profit through greater shirt sales, it'll produce you something money can't buy, the warm fuzzy feeling fans get when they sense their club actually gives a poo about what they think.

Won't happen next season though Adam, the abusive relationship they stupidly entered into last December with Puma runs for at least another year :thumbdown:

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Yeah, I remember reading that their is another year with Puma, but pushing Argyle to consider the fans next time, at an earlier time of the season, shows us that are opinion is being counted!

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Puma are a lovely company, and they do make some nice designs, just not necessarily for Argyle.

Ed

Dec 1, 2008
The problem with Puma is that they're never going to give us any thought at all, we might get the occasional decent shirt from them but it will be entirely accidental, we'll always be in one of their basic templates that everyeon who isn't a major club gets. We'll never get a shirt that was designed with Argyle in mind, with our identity and history anywhere in the process. If we had a company that would make us our own shirts though we could, we've got thousands of fans, each and everyone of which knows far more about Argyle and what an Argye shirt should be than whoever comes up with Puma's next basic templates. With fan involvement and a company that would produce the results we'd consistently get better kits with far more thought in them than we get now.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
I'm pretty sure I remember IJN and others posting about how they approached FBT and had a custom kit made but for some reason it wasn't what Argyle wanted. (Correct me if I'm wrong here)

Aug 15, 2008
X Isle":1fmds7b0 said:
Womble":1fmds7b0 said:
Hate the stripes, and the 94-95 kit was onevof the worst ever. Bring back the proper racing green fron 01-02 and stop messing about with bloody stripes.

Hell yeah :clap:

I'd also market them with an old shirt amnesty and a new shirt discount on tickets.

Firstly bring an old Argyle shirt in and you get £X off your new one (all old shirts go to an overseas charity). Secondly if you wear your new shirt when you attend a game you get a voucher for money off your next game. ST holders can roll theirs over and take it off next years ST.

Make it a virtuous spending circle.

I know fans were encouraged to 'wear their colours' on Saturday but the motley assortment of kits going back decades was truly dreadful. The overall effect of so many sometimes threadbare old shirts is 'cheapskate', we could've formed a real life representation of the online 'football kit line up' from about 1960 onwards :facepalm:

This last paragraph X-Isle.... I think that it is great that Argyle fans wear all different kits from different periods of our history. The new kit was everywhere to be seen and there was a mix of vintage kits too.

Or have I been whooshed?

Jul 29, 2010
I don't think they were being worn in an historical showcase sense. I think they were worn because they were the most 'current' shirt the wearer possessed. It's the same most games.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
I like the fact that there is a mix of different kits, but I wear an old one from 07-08 mainly. That's because since then their haven't been any kits worth buying, and I'm not wasting £40+ on something I don't like. Also I need XL, and the club always seems to sell out of these ASAP.

My improvements for the kit would be:
Genuine consideration to submissions from fans (Adam Dyer's designs in his signature are excellent, for example).
Sign up with a smaller manufacturer, so we don't get ignored by the big conglomerates who put no effort in.
Make sure we have plenty of shirts of ALL sizes and don't sell out - if someone wants to buy the new kit they shouldn't be turned away due to stock issues - every sale matters
Sell the bloody kits in town - how come I can go to town and buy a Liverpool top, a Man U top but NOT an Argyle top? Madness.
And no ****ing stripes! (or bringing bag the 95-96 LSD trip kit)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Forget smaller companies, nice in theory but for clubs like us, nothing compares with the big boys for the overall deal.

I also agree, anything in Adam's signature would do well I reckon.

I'm going to shout it from the rooftops, Adam and Ed need to be involved in the fans engagement on kits, they both have the eye for such a thing.

I do hope 'the club' listen.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
X Isle":2w8h333f said:
You are a representative of the Argyle commercial department and I claim my prize

We have a "commercial department"!!?

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
P&C i even heard we had a communcations department :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: what ever next?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Ottawa Green":3osj6722 said:
P&C i even heard we had a communcations department :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: what ever next?

Nah, Now I know you're joshing.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Adam Dyer":1qu0tnft said:
I'm pretty sure I remember IJN and others posting about how they approached FBT and had a custom kit made but for some reason it wasn't what Argyle wanted. (Correct me if I'm wrong here)

That was indeed me Adam, I brokered a meeting twixt the two.

However, it was definitely not the case that Argyle didn't want the kits, it was the fact that the Puma deal blew the smaller company out of the water regarding all the other elements of the deal.

I know the Chairman, CEO and Head of Retail were blown away by some of the designs of you and Ed.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
IJN":1v9yedo2 said:
Adam Dyer":1v9yedo2 said:

However, it was definitely not the case that Argyle didn't want the kits, it was the fact that the Puma deal blew the smaller company out of the water regarding all the other elements of the deal.

I know the Chairman, CEO and Head of Retail were blown away by some of the designs of you and Ed.

That is so cool.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Adam Dyer":nwdbrnsu said:
IJN":nwdbrnsu said:
Adam Dyer":nwdbrnsu said:

That is so cool.

Don't get too carried away all those roles are the same person. :angel: