Next Seasons Home Shirt 2015-16 | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next Seasons Home Shirt 2015-16

I

Infiniti Darts

Interesting discussion this.

So what if someone was to make Ed's Devon & Cornwall shirts - would anyone be interested? Do you think 10's would sell, 100's or maybe 1000?

Contrary to popular belief there is a Commercial department & James, Elaine & Carl actually do a good job.

We are a new Pilgrim Partner for 2014/15 (I have been an Argyle supporter since 1986) & all my dealings have been very professional.

Cheers
Mike

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Infiniti Darts":18aiynky said:
Interesting discussion this.

So what if someone was to make Ed's Devon & Cornwall shirts - would anyone be interested? Do you think 10's would sell, 100's or maybe 1000?

Contrary to popular belief there is a Commercial department & James, Elaine & Carl actually do a good job.

We are a new Pilgrim Partner for 2014/15 (I have been an Argyle supporter since 1986) & all my dealings have been very professional.

Cheers
Mike

I think Ed's designs would sell quite well, it would be a design that is unique to football and a design that is new to Argyle. We haven't had an Argyle kit like it before.

It certainly has gained a few followers on here that's for sure!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
If it were to be the official shirt, it would easily exceed any shirt over the last ten years, without any doubt at all.

If you're talking about making some shirts, I doubt whether they'd sell well at all. They would just be the Devon or Cornwall flag style shirt with an Argyle badge on (assuming permission would be given to use that).

Hope that answers your question.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
IJN":2oa5yur2 said:
If you're talking about making some shirts, I doubt whether they'd sell well at all.

Why not? If they were well made, fitted well and cost about 20-25 quid, then I'd buy one without question. Probably both designs.

Ideally they'd be officially licensed and sold in the club shop, mind.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You could be right, but I wouldn't like to take a chance on that if I were funding it.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
If it were 'privately' made, the only way it would work would be a 'made to order' process with full payment up front to avoid any mishaps, non-payments etc.

I

Infiniti Darts

Interesting thoughts everyone.

Thanks for the feedback it is much appreciated.

Mike

Aug 7, 2013
First and fourth are lovely kits. Im born afetr the era of black and green strips so.....Puma or another big manufacturer need to employ you Mr Dyer lol

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
jbeale1986":cbjq2id7 said:
First and fourth are lovely kits. Im born afetr the era of black and green strips so.....Puma or another big manufacturer need to employ you Mr Dyer lol

I had *just* caught the Argyle bug when Argyle were playing in the black and green striped shirt of 94/95. It was a really nice shirt, and as far as I can remember there were only two striped shirts after that (apart from the recent two tone green Adidas one), '98 was a wide-striped green and white with Evening Herald sponsor and shortly after that was, in my opinion, the horrible white with pin-stripe green shirt.

However, best shirt for me was this one:

078fc347_bb03_4a82_a953_d6d20a005eca_zps339cfb28.jpg

Clean with a lovely green colour, the sponsor nicely aligned within the shirt and I even got a chance to see Steve McCall work a bit of his magic in this shirt.

IJN, sorry for stealing your image, only one I could find!

Aug 7, 2013
I remember that one actually very well. I have a first team photo signed by all the players in that top. Ashton, Mauge, Gibbs etc....
However, i prefer the Light green and white stripped top with Rotolok on. I have Carlo Corrazzins actual top given to me by Mick jones and signed by the team. My mum washed it ( THE IDIOT) and the rotolok sponsor logo cracked and started to peel off :( I was young and dumb, should have placed it in a frame with a big "DO NOT TOUCH" sign lol

P

Paul_Roberts

I'm also a fan of black and green over black and white, though I'm afraid I can't separate Adam's kit from the 1994-95 version - which was a nice shirt but suffered from what happened while it was worn. Few kits in history - at any club - will have been worn in a play-off semi-final defeat and a relegation.

I'd like to see us try black shorts, though. It worked very nicely at Arsenal...

LukaszFabianski350g.jpg

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
When you look at eds designs what is quite obvious to me is how the first 3 racing green efforts look more classier than the cheaper looking emerald and white on the end
I became an Argyle fan when emerald and black pin stripes were the fashion but I prefer racing green since it was introduced

I think from eds designs we need simplicity both the plain shirts are simple with nice white trim which just look nice ifor me the third one is like the famous bukta one from the late 70's or early 80's with the modern twist of being Racing Green

Whilst I love the green and black stripes I don't associate it with us as we only wore that for one rubbish season whilst I have been a green , I also think with black shorts and green or black socks this would prove too dark for night matches
I would buy any of the first 3 if they didn't have a stuck on badge I hope JB is reading this and can let ed look at the designs that puma put forward next season as like has been said he has the eye for it and I trust him to pick the best option from their poor stable of choices

P

Paul_Roberts

edengreen":wo9vwxrl said:
When you look at eds designs what is quite obvious to me is how the first 3 racing green efforts look more classier than the cheaper looking emerald and white on the end
I became an Argyle fan when emerald and black pin stripes were the fashion but I prefer racing green since it was introduced

I think from eds designs we need simplicity both the plain shirts are simple with nice white trim which just look nice ifor me the third one is like the famous bukta one from the late 70's or early 80's with the modern twist of being Racing Green

Whilst I love the green and black stripes I don't associate it with us as we only wore that for one rubbish season whilst I have been a green , I also think with black shorts and green or black socks this would prove too dark for night matches
I would buy any of the first 3 if they didn't have a stuck on badge I hope JB is reading this and can let ed look at the designs that puma put forward next season as like has been said he has the eye for it and I trust him to pick the best option from their poor stable of choices

Plenty of clubs have played in all black kits over the years, including Man Utd, Real Madrid, Man City, Chelsea, Juventus, Liverpool, Dortmund and others.

I've never really bought into the idea that dark football kits aren't sufficiently visible under floodlights, and I'm certain that isn't a factor when these designs are put together by the supplier and subsequently selected by the club.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Adam Dyer":3lrocdm4 said:
If it were 'privately' made, the only way it would work would be a 'made to order' process with full payment up front to avoid any mishaps, non-payments etc.

Kickstarter campaigns were invented for things like that.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
edengreen":1usbbety said:

I think the more simple the shirt the more impact it can have. I voted for the Stripes last time because I wanted:

1. Something different (as a whole)
2. Something other than the 'tat' that they gave us the option of originally.

But I do think they the next few shirts should be either all striped or all non-striped. To give us some form of identity.