Next Seasons Home Shirt 2015-16 | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next Seasons Home Shirt 2015-16

Jul 29, 2010
Cornish Chris":3eb543ox said:
Paul_Roberts":3eb543ox said:
I'm also a fan of black and green over black and white, though I'm afraid I can't separate Adam's kit from the 1994-95 version - which was a nice shirt but suffered from what happened while it was worn. Few kits in history - at any club - will have been worn in a play-off semi-final defeat and a relegation.

I'd like to see us try black shorts, though. It worked very nicely at Arsenal...

LukaszFabianski350g.jpg

That's my favourite shirt I think. Classy and simple.

Ditto.

Aug 15, 2008
I prefer the simple white and Green stripes on the right of the 8 above XIsles post. I would love to see the white shirt with the crest in the centre of the chest within a band of Green with a black edging too. Its a kit from the 70's i think.

Failing all that - If Argyle do not use the Devon and Cornwall kits its a massive own goal. I could see them selling like crazy.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Request from Argy1e

Home7_Away_Collection.png

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Adam Dyer":3uxk7h6b said:
Request from Argy1e

Home7_Away_Collection.png

I really like the Green one and all 3 of your kits in your signature. I echo what Ian has said, it would be good if you and Ed were to get involved with future kits as surely if the kits were more of what the fans wanted then they'd sell more.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
I really like the Green one and all 3 of your kits in your signature. I echo what Ian has said, it would be good if you and Ed were to get involved with future kits as surely if the kits were more of what the fans wanted then they'd sell more.

I am in the process of drafting a letter to Mr Brent with just some ideas for fan engagement etc, hopefully something positive will come of it and from there, we can move forward.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
I like the green and black stripes. I wore that kit when I was Argyle's mascot at the City Ground for the FA Cup round match in Jan '95 (I believe).

I wouldn't mind seeing us return to that kit, but I'd prefer a slightly lighter green so that it doesn't get lost against the black.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
jbeale1986":1cy412zs said:
Adam Dyer":1cy412zs said:
Request from Argy1e
LOVE these Adam.....awesome

Thanks mate!

jespafc":1cy412zs said:
I like the green and black stripes. I wore that kit when I was Argyle's mascot at the City Ground for the FA Cup round match in Jan '95 (I believe).

I wouldn't mind seeing us return to that kit, but I'd prefer a slightly lighter green so that it doesn't get lost against the black.

dNbqcme.png

And another request...

wyMlDDf.png

If you have any requests then let me know, always happy to help.

Aug 15, 2008
Adam could you mock up the white shirt with the horizontal band of Black and Green with the crest in the centre please?

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
FordGreen":2k3vt591 said:
Womble":2k3vt591 said:
Hate the stripes, and the 94-95 kit was onevof the worst ever. Bring back the proper racing green fron 01-02 and stop messing about with bloody stripes.
No, no, no, no NO!!!! Its GOT to be Ed's magnificent Devon& Cornwall designs - and bring back the emerald green not that godawful drab dark cr@p. :scarf:

I was thinking about the Devon & Cornwall designs and I think they're a terrible idea.

I thought it was great to begin with but, politically speaking, it would be disastrous for both Devon and Cornwall to associate their flags with a football club. We have absolutely no right to claim either flag as our own and adopt them as our kit. Can you imagine the outrage up the A38 if we take the Devon flag?

Speaking as a proud Cornishman, I would much rather the flag of St Piran be left well alone (and I'm sure the rest of Cornwall feels the same way) - it represents Cornwall as a 'nation', not a football club that's not even in Cornwall!

Sep 1, 2010
Oxfordshire
Whilst it is fun to discuss personal preferences on the highly subjective issue of design or shades of green!? Do you think Man Utd, Barcelona, Real Madrid, etc. have debates about changing the fundamentals of their kit? Do you think all Man U fans like plain red shirts and white shorts? Or Real hold a fan's poll about adding stripes to the all white?

Sorry, I am not a fan of the colour green, but we are one of the few clubs in the UK that have a unique identity. We have messed about with it from time to time: stripes, white shirts and even that horror show from 95/96! However strong brands are about consistency and like it or lump it our opportunity to remain unique and distinctive is green shirts and white shorts.

So I welcome better variations on that theme, but the Argyle brand is and should remain green shirts and white shorts.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I can't see anything that isn't green.

Also, it's green shirts and black shorts, not white.

If you're a purist that is.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Verte":3tcoagsw said:
Adam could you mock up the white shirt with the horizontal band of Black and Green with the crest in the centre please?

F4EfYLa.png

Really like the style of the shirt, but it's difficult to get it right with a sponsor logo.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
KBGreen":1fmbr4t9 said:
Whilst it is fun to discuss personal preferences on the highly subjective issue of design or shades of green!? Do you think Man Utd, Barcelona, Real Madrid, etc. have debates about changing the fundamentals of their kit? Do you think all Man U fans like plain red shirts and white shorts? Or Real hold a fan's poll about adding stripes to the all white?

Sorry, I am not a fan of the colour green, but we are one of the few clubs in the UK that have a unique identity. We have messed about with it from time to time: stripes, white shirts and even that horror show from 95/96! However strong brands are about consistency and like it or lump it our opportunity to remain unique and distinctive is green shirts and white shorts.

So I welcome better variations on that theme, but the Argyle brand is and should remain green shirts and white shorts.

Agreed. You wouldn't see Man Utd switching to red and white stripes. That said, I'm not sure it's fair to say that we've always been "green shirts and white shorts". We've always been switching it around. I think our unique and distinctive look is green. That's it. We're one of the few clubs that can "afford" to switch the design around a little (hoops aside), since there's very little danger of us looking similar to another club and risk losing our identity.