Next Seasons Home Shirt 2015-16 | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next Seasons Home Shirt 2015-16

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
gaspargomez":7k43rdbh said:
F@@K these stripes !

PASOTI mafia had their way for one season.

Lets get back to looking like a professional football team and not a bunch of 4th division losers.

Great post, well done as usual.

Do you attend? Have you seen how many have been bought? Have you not heard that they've run out and had to order more?

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
IJN":1tb5nsfj said:
Cheers matey, now if you can do me #2 with white shirts and green number, that could look very nice.

As a matter of interest and as these threads tend to be well populated, I did hear from 'within football' that black strips are usually frowned upon because the junior sides that play in these colours (as in 3rd teams and below) cause a problem for local referees who generally still only have black strips. Hope that makes sense.

s2AonCT.png

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That's my fault, I should have said #2 with white SHORTS. :oops:

Sorry pal.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
IJN":106p7f8j said:
That's my fault, I should have said #2 with white SHORTS. :oops:

Sorry pal.

Lol, no worries. To be honest, I wasn't a fan of the white shirt version, much prefer the black.

DVDLYYk.png

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Not sure if that works if I'm honest.

Some beauties today though.

Dec 3, 2005
Adam Dyer":1q84mpws said:
Been thinking about this too. I know some might say it's too early but Argyle definitely left it too late last season!

I do like the strips - lighter green and white strips.

I haven't taken to the shirt this year - it looks like a big 'M' on the shirt and from a distance the green looks black, many times I have thought, what are Newcastle fans doing here.

I know the plain back makes it easier for commentators, but I would prefer a stripped back with just the number in a plain white box.

Sometimes feel like we have two different teams on the pitch lol

Dec 3, 2005
Adam Dyer":kr9o33qm said:
IJN":kr9o33qm said:
Cheers matey, now if you can do me #2 with white shirts and green number, that could look very nice.

As a matter of interest and as these threads tend to be well populated, I did hear from 'within football' that black strips are usually frowned upon because the junior sides that play in these colours (as in 3rd teams and below) cause a problem for local referees who generally still only have black strips. Hope that makes sense.

s2AonCT.png

Hey I like this :)

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
IJN":3hoqv5l4 said:
Not sure if that works if I'm honest.

Some beauties today though.

I think it may work as an away shirt, but I think the black dominates too much for a Home shirt.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I wonder what a black shirt with a horizontal set of two green hoops surrounding a white single hoop would look like.

Like the gorgeous white one a few pages back, but predominant in black.

Same again for predominately green, just like the 1968 version.

Aug 15, 2008
Adam Dyer":1cl5fzid said:
Verte":1cl5fzid said:
Adam could you mock up the white shirt with the horizontal band of Black and Green with the crest in the centre please?

F4EfYLa.png

Really like the style of the shirt, but it's difficult to get it right with a sponsor logo.

Thanks Adam - it is fab!

Issues with Sponsorship logos is tricky but its a grand job nonetheless.

Aug 15, 2008
djg145":sz83xxsk said:
Adam Dyer":sz83xxsk said:
IJN":sz83xxsk said:

s2AonCT.png

Hey I like this :)

+1

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
IJN":3kxxpepe said:
I wonder what a black shirt with a horizontal set of two green hoops surrounding a white single hoop would look like.

Like the gorgeous white one a few pages back, but predominant in black.

Same again for predominately green, just like the 1968 version.

Will get on it tonight. Being dragged out for Tesco shopping now!

Dec 3, 2005
Verte":2kf9yptp said:
Adam Dyer":2kf9yptp said:
Verte":2kf9yptp said:
Adam could you mock up the white shirt with the horizontal band of Black and Green with the crest in the centre please?

F4EfYLa.png

Really like the style of the shirt, but it's difficult to get it right with a sponsor logo.

Thanks Adam - it is fab!

Issues with Sponsorship logos is tricky but its a grand job nonetheless.

LOVE THIS - takes me back to when I first started watching Argyle :)

Ed

Dec 1, 2008
The classic 60's hoop shirt is graet but it just doesn't work with a front sponsor, I tried several ways last tim I was doing kits and there realy isn't a way to do it that doesn't spoil the shirt. I did do one with the front left unsponsored but with a logo on the back which worked better but I imagine that the lost revenue from having no main sponsor plus having a bespoke kit made would likely make it impossible or at least undesireable for the club to do.

I'm a big fan of Adam's pinstriped shirts, particularly the green stripes on white for an away kit which would be very near the top of my all time favourite Argyle kits were it to happen.

vibratingspider":2j0skbri said:
I was thinking about the Devon & Cornwall designs and I think they're a terrible idea.

I thought it was great to begin with but, politically speaking, it would be disastrous for both Devon and Cornwall to associate their flags with a football club. We have absolutely no right to claim either flag as our own and adopt them as our kit. Can you imagine the outrage up the A38 if we take the Devon flag?

Speaking as a proud Cornishman, I would much rather the flag of St Piran be left well alone (and I'm sure the rest of Cornwall feels the same way) - it represents Cornwall as a 'nation', not a football club that's not even in Cornwall!

The Devon kit came about entirely by accident when I combined two previous designs so no thought went into it before hand but once I'd stumbled on it I did think of the other Devon clubs and to be honest that made it more appealing to me (it's still not the one I'd chooe of my designs though, I prefer it without the horizontal stripe, leaving just the vertical stripe down the left hand side). I don't think there is anything morally wrong with claiming to be Devon's club, we are historically the most successful and still currently the biggest and with greatest potential to succeed. If Devon's flag was red and white I'd never suggest us wearing it but if we can wear our colours whilst showing off the flag I don't see too much of an issue and, although I don't hate Exeter or Torquay I do enjoy the rivalry, if we irritate some of them a bit I don't see the harm.

The Cornish one might be a little more tricky but the only objections I got to is when posted was from Devonian fans who didn't want the club being associated with Cornwall, every response from Cornish fans was very positive, yours is the first objection I've seen on these grounds (that's not to say I think it's wrong, just that I don't know if it's widely shared). I suppose it might cause some issues with some outside of Argyle's support but I never saw it as us taking Cornish identity, it was simply meant to represent the significant Cornish influence on the club, from the founders to the significant support that the club draws from Cornwall today. We are a Devon club by location but we would not be anything like the club we are without Cornwall.