Next Seasons Home Shirt 2015-16 | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next Seasons Home Shirt 2015-16

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
vibratingspider":2x5p3ol0 said:
FordGreen":2x5p3ol0 said:
Womble":2x5p3ol0 said:
Hate the stripes, and the 94-95 kit was onevof the worst ever. Bring back the proper racing green fron 01-02 and stop messing about with bloody stripes.
No, no, no, no NO!!!! Its GOT to be Ed's magnificent Devon& Cornwall designs - and bring back the emerald green not that godawful drab dark cr@p. :scarf:

I was thinking about the Devon & Cornwall designs and I think they're a terrible idea.

I thought it was great to begin with but, politically speaking, it would be disastrous for both Devon and Cornwall to associate their flags with a football club. We have absolutely no right to claim either flag as our own and adopt them as our kit. Can you imagine the outrage up the A38 if we take the Devon flag?

Speaking as a proud Cornishman, I would much rather the flag of St Piran be left well alone (and I'm sure the rest of Cornwall feels the same way) - it represents Cornwall as a 'nation', not a football club that's not even in Cornwall!

You make some good points, but I still think the shirt would sell really well. As far I'm aware, at the moment Cornwall are far more rugby based than football based, but there are still a large amount of football fans in the the Cornwall area who most likely wear Premiership team shirts rather than Truro City shirts (who?).

Argyle need to take advantage of the lack of interest (compared to rugby) in football in Cornwall and I think wearing (not stealing) the St. Piran flag is a great way to show that Argyle are welcoming of their Cornish brothers and that they are a Westcountry club, not just a Devon club.

And as for Exeter getting in a tiz about it all, well boohoo on them, if they wanted to use the Devon flag on their shirts they should have thought about it before Ed did.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
They were even more upset when a Wembley visiting plastic unfurled a 'Devon flag' at Wembley, it wasn't up for long but the six toes were very upset about it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Hey Ad, how about an all black strip, with green pin stripes, proper green collar and black shorts with green numbers on them on one side and the Argyle crest on the other.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
IJN":11lek4ru said:
Hey Ad, how about an all black strip, with green pin stripes, proper green collar and black shorts with green numbers on them on one side and the Argyle crest on the other.

Will give it a go!

Sep 1, 2010
Oxfordshire
I must be bored at work today!

I looked at the history of our kits and from 1903 to 1964 we were 'predominately' green shirts and white shorts. Then like a lot of other brand horrors in the 70's and 80's we started messing with it. Calming down again in the noughties.

So about 80 years of green shirts / white shorts and 30 of messing about with brand!

Consumers / supporters do like the different shirts and buy them. So the challenge for me it to make the green shirts a bit different and buyable... if that's a word.

Better get back to work before the boss notices.... that said he is a Man U fan, so what does he know!!

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Adam Dyer":2oguopwq said:
vibratingspider":2oguopwq said:
FordGreen":2oguopwq said:
Womble":2oguopwq said:
Hate the stripes, and the 94-95 kit was onevof the worst ever. Bring back the proper racing green fron 01-02 and stop messing about with bloody stripes.
No, no, no, no NO!!!! Its GOT to be Ed's magnificent Devon& Cornwall designs - and bring back the emerald green not that godawful drab dark cr@p. :scarf:

I was thinking about the Devon & Cornwall designs and I think they're a terrible idea.

I thought it was great to begin with but, politically speaking, it would be disastrous for both Devon and Cornwall to associate their flags with a football club. We have absolutely no right to claim either flag as our own and adopt them as our kit. Can you imagine the outrage up the A38 if we take the Devon flag?

Speaking as a proud Cornishman, I would much rather the flag of St Piran be left well alone (and I'm sure the rest of Cornwall feels the same way) - it represents Cornwall as a 'nation', not a football club that's not even in Cornwall!

You make some good points, but I still think the shirt would sell really well. As far I'm aware, at the moment Cornwall are far more rugby based than football based, but there are still a large amount of football fans in the the Cornwall area who most likely wear Premiership team shirts rather than Truro City shirts (who?).

Argyle need to take advantage of the lack of interest (compared to rugby) in football in Cornwall and I think wearing (not stealing) the St. Piran flag is a great way to show that Argyle are welcoming of their Cornish brothers and that they are a Westcountry club, not just a Devon club.

And as for Exeter getting in a tiz about it all, well boohoo on them, if they wanted to use the Devon flag on their shirts they should have thought about it before Ed did.

Quite honestly, I don't really give a monkeys about Exeter but I still don't think it's right to take the flag of the county, especially when there are three 'major' football clubs in the case of Devon. I think it's fair to say that Exeter fans have already boycotted the flag to a degree, even though the green has nothing to do with Argyle - it is said to represent Devon's rolling hills. I can't imagine Devon County Council wanting (essentially) their flag to be associated with a football club, as I've said, especially given that they should be seen to support all three.

As for the flag of Cornwall. You can absolutely keep your hands off it! The flag has gained some strong international recognition, and to see it associated with a football club outside of Cornwall really would (imho) do significant damage to the Cornish identity. I would be happy to see Truro adopt it to a greater extent, but not Plymouth.

You have to remember that the association goes both ways. Yes, it's great for Argyle to be associated with Cornwall, but I don't think it's healthy for Cornwall to be associated with Argyle to the same extent. The Cornish flag is for the people of Cornwall, not for a football club in Devon.

Look at the damage football has done to the flag of St George. The British flag is still seen with honour and distinction, but the English flag seems only to be hoisted by yobs, hooligans and reprobates at football matches. Don't do the same to the flags of St Piran and St Petroc, please.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
KBGreen":1khcz39o said:

I looked at the history of our kits and from 1903 to 1964 we were 'predominately' green shirts and white shorts. Then like a lot of other brand horrors in the 70's and 80's we started messing with it. Calming down again in the noughties.

So about 80 years of green shirts / white shorts and 30 of messing about with brand!

Consumers / supporters do like the different shirts and buy them. So the challenge for me it to make the green shirts a bit different and buyable... if that's a word.

Better get back to work before the boss notices.... that said he is a Man U fan, so what does he know!!

:greensmile:

Ah but originally we were green and black, which means they started mucking about with it after that date. :twisted:

I do see what you mean though, and whilst I'm not a lover of green, green is our soul, I just hate the thought of 'little Yeovil' watering that down these days.

I wonder what most football fans would answer if you said 'Name a Football League team that play in Green' - That would be interesting.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
IJN":t4875m76 said:
KBGreen":t4875m76 said:

Ah but originally we were green and black, which means they started mucking about with it after that date. :twisted:

I do see what you mean though, and whilst I'm not a lover of green, green is our soul, I just hate the thought of 'little Yeovil' watering that down these days.

I wonder what most football fans would answer if you said 'Name a Football League team that play in Green' - That would be interesting.

Ireland.

:D :lol:

Balls. Just saw that it said 'League!'

Sep 1, 2010
Oxfordshire
if you really want a horror of a green-ish kit. I played for SB Frankfort in the 70s & early 80s. Locally designed and made in the colours of railway traffic lights!!

Anyone else remember that??

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
IJN":3l0zrgn8 said:
KBGreen":3l0zrgn8 said:

I'd say it would almost certainly depend on the age of the folk you were asking. We'd definitely have the lion's share of the vote I'd say, particularly with the older generation. However, I think the younger "FIFA Generation" would have a far more even split of the vote. Sad times.

B

Baby Face Johnson

KBGreen":14665kv9 said:
if you really want a horror of a green-ish kit. I played for SB Frankfort in the 70s & early 80s. Locally designed and made in the colours of railway traffic lights!!

Anyone else remember that??

Yes, ex-Mayflower FCC, same time period. Truly horrendous array of kits SB had :lol:

Jan 27, 2012
F@@K these stripes !

PASOTI mafia had their way for one season.

Lets get back to looking like a professional football team and not a bunch of 4th division losers.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
IJN":2kea7hyx said:

3usNdKr.png

cFNjVZn.png

5JHStXN.png

hGwbRxx.png

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Cheers matey, now if you can do me #2 with white shirts and green number, that could look very nice.

As a matter of interest and as these threads tend to be well populated, I did hear from 'within football' that black strips are usually frowned upon because the junior sides that play in these colours (as in 3rd teams and below) cause a problem for local referees who generally still only have black strips. Hope that makes sense.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Hm, that's not particularly practical - surely we want our players to actually be able to see one another on a foggy Tuesday night away at Hartlepool?