Next Season's Kits (locked thread) | Page 18 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next Season's Kits (locked thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Adam":2bstc5sp said:
I think this is something quite close to what we might be seeing next season.

V123.png

Bring Back Green & White Stripes :thumbs:

Newcastle United New Home Shirt is awesome :thumbs:

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Is that third one to help us cross the roads in Tuesday night games Adam? :)

Yeah.....and for waving in Planes when they re-open the Airport.

Jul 29, 2010
Adam":29h7xe9z said:
Emeraldinho":29h7xe9z said:
Dear God, the sooner we ditch Puma the better.

Seeing as though the 2016/17 was the last year of our current contract with them I'm assuming that if rumours are to be believed then we may have signed another deal with Puma. Our last contract with them was 3 years and the one before that was also 3 years, so every possibility that we may have another one on the table.
Exactly that. I brought it up earlier in this thread. The last contract needed to be signed just before Christmas 2013 for commencement of the 2014/15 season when the deadline infamously "caught up" with Argyle "forcing" them to re-sign with Puma.

Whether it's Puma or someone else therefore we signed a deal at Christmas and Argyle kept it quiet. Given how unpopular Puma have been we can only assume that silence points to Puma :facepalm:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
With all the talk of how unpopular Puma have been, we may be forgetting they gave us our nicest shirt for a generation with this year's away kit.

Having said that, Umbro would be overwhelming favourite if I could pick one.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Biggs":lbijrb4c said:
With all the talk of how unpopular Puma have been, we may be forgetting they gave us our nicest shirt for a generation with this year's away kit.

Having said that, Umbro would be overwhelming favourite if I could pick one.

It's a good point! that kit stemmed from Argyle listening to the fans. The shirt was immensely popular and therefore I can only assume sales from that particular shirt were higher than previous seasons. I only hope that the Board have done the same this season otherwise, they may well have shot themselves in the foot.

Jul 29, 2010
Biggs":11qn95hr said:
One swallow doth not a summer make. And as expressed above the one difference with last season was fan involvement.

If we're to mention forgetfulness then it would be remiss not to point out the following ...

All the previous seasons where we were given three 'off the peg' design diagrams to make our Hobsons choice from.

Prohibitive minimum order rules, meaning re-ordering additional stock means a big gamble for Argyle....will they sell them at full price, will they have to discount any leftover stock at a possible loss?

Long long re-order delivery times. A shirt sells well, you have to wait until nearly Christmas before the new order arrives.

Stick on club badges, not embroidered.

Multiple brand identifier logos.

Now you're probably going to get that from all global megabrands, to them a 'little' club like Argyle are just too insignificant to bend over backwards for.

A smaller, geographically closer supplier to whom the Argyle contract is a big deal, not a tiny one would accomodate quicker turnarounds, smaller production runs and whatever design, badge or timescales ARGYLE wanted. The customer in that relationship would be the king, not the peasant as Argyle currently are.

Combine that with with proper fan engagement as last season and we could have great kits EVERY season, not just a one off.

I hope the new contract is not with Puma, as stated I rather suspect it is. To me that represents another missed opportunity to cut a better deal, a deal that works better for Argyle, and us :thumbdown:

Sep 28, 2003
London
I love this notion that the club are deliberately overlooking plucky smaller suppliers, such is their desperation to get us a terrible deal with a big company.

Maybe...just maybe...the commercial department know more about the margins and costs involved than any of the self-appointed experts on this board.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Andy Holland":ri5rar8n said:
I love this notion that the club are deliberately overlooking plucky smaller suppliers, such is their desperation to get us a terrible deal with a big company.

Maybe...just maybe...the commercial department know more about the margins and costs involved than any of the self-appointed experts on this board.

Heaven forfend Andy. :twisted:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Andy Holland":139gbphj said:

This. There are clearly reasons why most clubs go with a large supplier.

And also, a huge part of these contracts are for training and leisure gear. It would be a major challenge for a smaller local company to provide the sheer range of designs and sizes that Puma do.

On top of all that, I think people prefer to wear recognisable football brands like Puma, Adidas and Umbro over an unknown name or even Saltrock.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Andy Holland":1qj3was0 said:

Absolutely. Too many forget that sales of replica shirts are the only part of a kit deal. Nobody knows the finer details of the contract between Argyle and Puma. The first priority though would have to be the cost of clothing the teams through the season. The club will probably need to provide 10-15 shirts for every player over a season if you include not only 1st & 2nd strip matchday kits but training strips as well. Roll that out to include the SW Peninsula League team & academy players and you are talking around 700 kits. It's a massive cost for the club but with the right deal I'm sure it is minimalized. The sales in the club shop, although very welcome income have to be secondary when negotiating any deal.

Jan 3, 2013
Interesting at the senior greens numerous people complained about the poor quality. For one paid £32.50 for a top and it was unwearable after a fortnight because of hitches on the material as I type this the badge on another top I'm wearing is peeling off

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
There's a communication issue again.

If there is a delay for a good reason, I don't understand why the club can't put out an announcement, explaining the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.