Next Season's Kits (locked thread) | Page 23 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next Season's Kits (locked thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2015
Ford
cheshiregreen":xf9dvpsz said:
Darker?

Who makes these decisions and on what rationale?

Will wait until it's official but will be really disappointed if we go even darker.
:iagree: The green equivalent of Northampton. :sigh:

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
GreenArmy1984":1d4rvvj9 said:
Bet the Away Kit will be popular as ever !!!
It won't be as popular as last season's.

Jul 29, 2010
GreenArmy1984":325rokla said:
Whaddaya mean "as ever", I bet last season outsold all the 'rainbow kits' combined, and many times over.

Jan 6, 2017
Plymouth
X Isle":2eptudm3 said:
GreenArmy1984":2eptudm3 said:
Whaddaya mean "as ever", I bet last season outsold all the 'rainbow kits' combined, and many times over.

Absolutely! Last season's away kit was the best we've had in years, maybe ever. I have, and always will, hate the multi coloured abominations that we have seen over the years. Orange, Lilac, Burgundy and Sky Blue... really? We are Argyle and we should play in green (proper green), white and black, home or away. We are the Green Army... not the Poncey Lilac, Pink and "Tropical Sunset" Army!!

HOME KIT: PREDOMINANTLY GREEN, with BLACK AND WHITE
AWAY KIT: ANY REVERSE COMBINATION OF THE ABOVE BUT...GREEN, BLACK AND WHITE!!! :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I'm hoping there's been a eureka moment at the club where someone has said 'haaaang on, why can't BOTH shirts be green?'

I must admit, it does look that way given the news about the dark home shirts and the much lighter colour on the season ticket pamphlet.

Jul 29, 2010
Don't know necessarily about a 'eureka moment', but it is doable.

Lime green is bright, mint green is bright, white is clearly bright. They may not be greens we've previously used...but they ARE green. With the need to rotate every year for sales (don't necessarily agree but I accept that is modern commercial life) they could rotate those three going forwards, with all the design and trim variations you can think of, as a change strip whilst retaining our colour swatch of green, black and white.

There is, and never has been, a need to introduce other clubs colours to our shirts.

Jan 6, 2017
Plymouth
X Isle":3fdrzeeb said:

Lime green is bright, mint green is bright, white is clearly bright. They may not be greens we've previously used...but they ARE green. With the need to rotate every year for sales (don't necessarily agree but I accept that is modern commercial life) they could rotate those three going forwards, with all the design and trim variations you can think of, as a change strip whilst retaining our colour swatch of green, black and white.

There is, and never has been, a need to introduce other clubs colours to our shirts.

This :thumbs:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
X Isle":1zdy1xog said:

Second strips are a way of bringing a bit of imagination though. I know you're a traditionalist but that's the domain of the first strip.

Jul 29, 2010
Lundan Cabbie":by9g79sk said:
X Isle":by9g79sk said:

Second strips are a way of bringing a bit of imagination though. I know you're a traditionalist but that's the domain of the first strip.
There is no such thing as a "traditionalist...but". There can be no room for exceptions, a Traditionalist is a traditionalist.

Your logic implies that 'away games don't count', that somehow because they are played on another clubs soil, then it's acceptable to play in another club's colours. Couldn't disagree more.

When an Argyle team run out for a football fixture, wherever it may be, it should be in an Argyle shirt...and Argyle's colours are green, black and white.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
X Isle":3iz8rh8g said:
Lundan Cabbie":3iz8rh8g said:
X Isle":3iz8rh8g said:

There is no such thing as a "traditionalist...but". There can be no room for exceptions, a Traditionalist is a traditionalist.

Your logic implies that 'away games don't count', that somehow because they are played on another clubs soil, then it's acceptable to play in another club's colours. Couldn't disagree more.

When an Argyle team run out for a football fixture, wherever it may be, it should be in an Argyle shirt...and Argyle's colours are green, black and white.

They should wear the first kit whenever possible but when they have to change it is the badge that matters. A gold shirt or a blue shirt with an Argyle badge IS an Argyle shirt, not another club's shirt.

Jan 3, 2013
Lundan Cabbie":2k7i2nj6 said:
X Isle":2k7i2nj6 said:
Lundan Cabbie":2k7i2nj6 said:
X Isle":2k7i2nj6 said:

They should wear the first kit whenever possible but when they have to change it is the badge that matters. A gold shirt or a blue shirt with an Argyle badge IS an Argyle shirt, not another club's shirt.
you are joking? Argo have played in green for 131 years, by your logic if we wear red and white stripes like that mob up the road, as long as the shirt has an Argo badge on it that's ok? I smell a troll

Status
Not open for further replies.