Next Season's Kits (locked thread) | Page 21 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next Season's Kits (locked thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Adam":19u8153q said:
skynet":19u8153q said:
Adam":19u8153q said:
skynet":19u8153q said:
....more like the style of the Rotherham away kit than those mock ups Adam, if the official teasers are accurate....

For Home or Away?

Edit: Do you mean this one?

Large.jpg

yes

Skynet.png

This is the best of a bad bunch imho.

Jul 30, 2015
Plymouth
kernowluke":1xnwmgh4 said:
If we go off the shelf again I'd have money on it being one of these, with the dotted effect on the ST leaflet on the away strip.
D33_DE521_9_E83_401_A_BF7_E_C3819014889_C.jpg

We've never gone fully 'off the shelf'! Last time we came close it was 11-12 season and even that was a slight variation of their 'teamwear' kit I think.

Jul 29, 2010
...and allegedly this season's strip was chosen at the same time as last season's strip. Presumably the 2017/18 'off the peg' selection wasn't available 12-18 months ago so it wouldn't be one of those.

Jul 29, 2010
Hope not but fear so :sad:

The contract would've been signed over the Christmas/New Year period, the absence of any announcement then therefore suggests a continuation of 'normal (poor) service'.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
X Isle":d4hjay48 said:
Hope not but fear so :sad:

The contract would've been signed over the Christmas/New Year period, the absence of any announcement then therefore suggests a continuation of 'normal (poor) service'.

Come on, that's harsh. Fair enough a couple of years ago, but this season's kits suggest an upward curve. I'll say it again, this season's away shirt made by PUMA is the best for a generation. You can't say that's poor service. Stock availability and training gear was also very good.

The fact we haven't seen this year's shirts yet, and had no fan vote, suggests we have another bespoke kit a la this season's away. Which can only be good and unheard of in the lower leagues.

Jul 29, 2010
And i'll say it again, last season's shirt came about as a result of genuine fan engagement, THAT'S the difference.

Folk STILL had to wait until December for the re-order delivery.

Their minimum order/size distribution quota means we STILL got leftovers in the 'extreme' sizes.

We STILL get stick on club crests.

We STILL have to have three manufacturers logos.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
X Isle":2bbhhc43 said:
And i'll say it again, last season's shirt came about as a result of genuine fan engagement, THAT'S the difference.

Folk STILL had to wait until December for the re-order delivery.

Their minimum order/size distribution quota means we STILL got leftovers in the 'extreme' sizes.

We STILL get stick on club crests.

We STILL have to have three manufacturers logos.

So we now have genuine fan engagement with Puma and the club. Want to ditch all the apparent goodwill from that, and momentum from the success of the shirt last season? Doesn't make sense from Argyle's point of view.

Stick on crests are now standard unfortunately, certainly Arsenal and Dortmund have them, so we're not a second class citizen in that respect.

There are far, far worse offenders than Puma in terms of manufacturers logos. Macron and Joma plaster them all over the place, and even Umbro (my preferred choice) now have unnecessary sleeve branding. And surely if we went with a local supplier, they wouldn't exactly want minimal exposure on a national scene.

Jul 29, 2010
I am unconvincible on this one Biggs. If they give us three or four good shirts on the spin maybe I could swallow the customer service shortcomings, the customer is not king in their contracts.

But one swallow doth not a summer make and there will be no party poppers going off if they have indeed been resigned as our supplier.

The silence on that front speaks volumes.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
FBT kits aren't exactly great.

New-Doncaster-Rovers-Kit-2017-18.jpg

And call me shallow, but I much prefer to see and wear Argyle gear by a traditional, well known football manufacturer like Umbro, Adidas or...yes....Puma.

Umbro remain my dream Argyle kit maker, ideally in a light green :shock:

Biggs":2ujoqkf2 said:
FBT kits aren't exactly great.

New-Doncaster-Rovers-Kit-2017-18.jpg

And call me shallow, but I much prefer to see and wear Argyle gear by a traditional, well known football manufacturer like Umbro, Adidas or...yes....Puma.

Umbro remain my dream Argyle kit maker, ideally in a light green :shock:

Those players look excited to be playing another season at Doncaster!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.