Next year's team - do we really need a massive clear-out? | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next year's team - do we really need a massive clear-out?

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Finally got over the disappointment of the, ahem, performance at Bury and listened to the clip of Sheridan post match, on GoS.
He is defo in major clearout mode, including, he said, of some contracted players, as well as out of contract ones.
I really hope he does so. We are a club with a losing mentality, that has to change.
If we start in August with more than three or four out of that lot that played against Bury, I will be disappointed.

C

Cobi Budge.

TomLannigan":3kyik80e said:
Unless Sheridan has some fantastic replacements guaranteed I'd keep on all the out of contract players except from Boco, Vassell and Richards. I'm sure many including Sheridan will see it differently though.

Wouldn't really mind if Vassell goes but I'd certainly sign Richards on again.

Jan 26, 2013
Plymouth
To be fair to Richards whenever I've seen him play (only twice) he's looked OK, but I just feel he's at an age where he should really be fighting to get into the first team. I would like to see him get a chance in the first team for these last games seeing as we have nothing meaningful to play for.

Jul 6, 2011
TomLannigan":37cwta8k said:
To be fair to Richards whenever I've seen him play (only twice) he's looked OK, but I just feel he's at an age where he should really be fighting to get into the first team. I would like to see him get a chance in the first team for these last games seeing as we have nothing meaningful to play for.

He'll be 20 this year and I especially agree with the highlighted points you've made. Sheridan needs to give this man a try, it's bl00dy unfair that he constantly plays the Trotmans and Blanchards who seem to have one decent match in 5 and yet Richards who rarely has a bad game hardly gets on the bench, what is Sheridans problem with this lad?

Once again Cobi I think your comment about Vassell is made without real up to date knowledge, he has been exceptional recently. Playing in a failing team never makes anyone look good or fills them with confidence. I think if he had been playing on Friday, he would have ended up being one of the whipping boys.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Jake Cole - Keep but as back up for Luke but wouldn't surprise me if he leaves.
2. Luke McCormick - Keep without a doubt.

3. Blanchard - If we can get better then release.
4. Trotman - ^^^
6. Nelson - Keep, our best defender by a margin.
7. Berry - Keep imo, bags of potential and we've all seen how well he can perform.

8. Young -Not a huge fan but if we cant get any better then keep but I'd like to see us get better.
9. Boco - Release :facepalm:
10. Vassell - Release unless we're gonna give him a chance.
11. Wotton - Release. A legend I know but we can get better with Lee Cox more than likely available.
12. Gurrieri - Release. Hard working yes but that's about it.
13. Reid - Sign him up straight away.
14. Parsons - Keep
15. Thomas - Keep.
16. Lecointe - Keep. bags of potential.
17. Harvey - keep. Same as Lecointe.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think we're having one.

I'm expecting about 7/8 out and about 5 in

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Tugboat":19zarhag said:
I think we're having one.

I'm expecting about 7/8 out and about 5 in
I'd be grand with that as long as it's 5 players with quality and not 3 Dom Blizzard's and 2 Rommy Boco's.

Aerok":37bal3e3 said:
Retained list (Prediction):

Offered Terms: McCormick, Parsons, Purrington*, Wotton, Hourihane, Reid, LeCointe
Under Contract Retained: Nelson*, Young*, Hourihane, Banton, Alessandra

Released: Berry*, Blanchard, Cole, Trotman, Boco, Thomas, Richards, Vassell, Gurierri, Harvey
Transfer listed: Morgan, Blizzard

* Denotes undisclosed contract length.
No way Harvey will be released. Rumour has it that Sheridan rejected a bid from Cardiff City last summer.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Yeah. He's not even 19 yet. Plenty of developing still to come. No way we'd throw out a talent with potential and future at this stage even if he hasn't progressed as well as some hoped he might.

1 Jake Cole - Keep.
2 Durrell Berry - Leaning towards keep as competition/cover.
4 Max Blanchard - Ditto.
6 Conor Hourihane - Keep.
7 Lewis Alessandra - Keep.
8 Romuald Boco - Release.
9 Reuben Reid - Offer a contract.
10 Marvin Morgan - If possible, get rid.
11 Dominic Blizzard - Ditto.
14 Luke Young - Definitely keep, best passer at the club.
15 Paul Wotton - Offer him a coaching role.
16 Neal Trotman - Release.
17 Curtis Nelson - Another no-brainer, keep.
18 Tyler Harvey - Keep.
19 Nathan Thomas - Leaning towards keep.
20 Jason Banton - Keep.
21 Matt Lecointe - Keep.
22 Jamie Richards - I've liked him whenever he's played but he's unlikely to make it at his age. Release.
23 Luke McCormick - Keep.
24 Isaac Vassell - Release.
25 Ben Purrington - Keep.
26 Matt Parsons - Keep.
27 Andres Gurrieri - Release.

So I'd release Boco, Wotton, Trotman, Richards, Vassell and Gurrieri, and get rid of Morgan and Blizzard if possible.

Oct 24, 2010
What I think would be more interesting would be to try and second guess Sheridan and, given his recent comments, anticipate what players he would want to keep. I would think only McCormick, Hourihaune, Reid and Alessandra are shoe ins, with probably Harvey and Purrington for their potential.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
esmer":21svfh1q said:
What I think would be more interesting would be to try and second guess Sheridan and, given his recent comments, anticipate what players he would want to keep. I would think only McCormick, Hourihaune, Reid and Alessandra are shoe ins, with probably Harvey and Purrington for their potential.

I'd add in Nelson to that list Es. Other than that, I agree.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
monkeywrench":1v0t664b said:
esmer":1v0t664b said:

I'd add in Nelson to that list Es. Other than that, I agree.

And I'd be happy with they. Maybe Banton.

The rest are easily replaceable.