Next year's team - do we really need a massive clear-out? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next year's team - do we really need a massive clear-out?

G

GreenMidlander

1. Jake Cole - Keep
2. Luke McCormick - Keep.

3. Blanchard - Release.
4. Trotman - Keep.
5. Richards - Keep
6. Nelson - Keep.
7. Berry - Release

8. Young - Keep.
9. Boco - release
10. Vassell - release
11. Wotton - keep
12. Gurrieri - release
13. Reid - keep
14. Parsons - Keep.
15. Thomas - release
16. Lecointe - keep
17. Harvey - Keep.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Without referring to contracts - release:

Berry
Blanchard
Boco
Gurrieri
Thomas
Blizzard
Wotton - to coaching role but maintain player registration for emergencies.

Priorities (in order):

A leader and communicator from midfield
McCormick's signature
Right back
Main striker (though I suspect Reid will fill that berth)
3rd central defender

Jul 6, 2005
DrewPAFC":3pinjovi said:
Surprised at the the amount of people wanting to release Berry. Solid RB at this level i'd have though, especially for his age...
I assume you are talking about his mental capacity rather than his defensive qualities.

Luke - no-brainier.
Cole - OK as a back-up in Lge 2.
Berry - get rid
Blanchard - get rid, defensive liability and has barely passed to someone in a green shirt all season
Trotman - get rid, an absolute liability and worth a goal start to the opposition in most matches
Nelson - another no-brainier
Richards - worth keeping
Parsons - not too fussy but if he stays he will have to dramatically improve defensively
Purrington - definitely one for the future
Young - keep, but would play him wide right of 4 in midfield in a Norris-type role
Blizzard - get rid, absolutely nothing to offer
Wotton - thanks for all you've done, goodbye and good luck
Hourihane - keep, but needs a more dynamic partner alongside
Harvey - keep, but still think he is a striker
Boco - get rid, why did people think that after all that time at Accrington and Sligo Rovers he was going to be a good player?
Alessandra - no-brainier
Morgan - get rid
Thomas - worth a 1-year contract
Gurrieri - get rid, his hard work disguises his lack of meaningful impact offensively, just too many sideways and backwards passes
Reid - keep
Banton - get rid, found out as a big time Charlie who actually offers very little, a poor man's Cowan-Hall
Vassell - get rid, needs a fresh start at somewhere like Torquay
LeCointe - keep, looks like he has a goal in him

Sheridan and the Coaching Staff - go, but I doubt they will

We need a good left-sided CB, a left-sided wide player (e.g. Bryan) and a Friio / Castle type of goal-scoring midfielder.

If we can get another good striker, great.

But I actually believe that Reid, Alessandra, LeCointe and Harvey are OK as the strikers, but they need better quality service (not hoofball) and more support from the midfielders in getting more bodies in and around the box.

Mar 30, 2006
Horsedowns, Cornwall
Retained list (Prediction):

Offered Terms: McCormick, Parsons, Purrington*, Wotton, Hourihane, Reid, LeCointe
Under Contract Retained: Nelson*, Young*, Hourihane, Banton, Alessandra

Released: Berry*, Blanchard, Cole, Trotman, Boco, Thomas, Richards, Vassell, Gurierri, Harvey
Transfer listed: Morgan, Blizzard

* Denotes undisclosed contract length.

Jul 6, 2005
pilgrimage":1ttit1mu said:
Still think Boco is one who will prove himself at a better club. Another Puncheon/ Bolasie.
I doubt he will get the chance to prove himself "at a better club" and I'm also prepared to bet you 50p that Boco does not make the Premiership either as Puncheon and Bolasie have.

If he is so good, why has he spent the last 5 seasons flipping between Accrington Stamley and Sligo Rovers?

Jan 26, 2013
Plymouth
Unless Sheridan has some fantastic replacements guaranteed I'd keep on all the out of contract players except from Boco, Vassell and Richards. I'm sure many including Sheridan will see it differently though.

Jul 6, 2011
TomLannigan":31dkm2gm said:
Unless Sheridan has some fantastic replacements guaranteed I'd keep on all the out of contract players except from Boco, Vassell and Richards. I'm sure many including Sheridan will see it differently though.

Why?
These two haven't even been given a fair opportunity. Agree about Boco though, offers very little.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
He obviously won't go to the heights of those two but he's definitely got a degree of talent. He's not doing crap here just because he's plain crap. He's not played for big clubs but he was generally rated when he came here as a pretty good creative player for this league who chips in with a few goals here. It's not as if we signed some pot bellied lower league clogger- he's obviously someone with a bit of class about him as evidenced by his international record for a team that is a semi-regular in the African Cup of Nations. For whatever reason it hasn't worked out here but the fact that he's mainly played in League Two and the Northern Irish leagues doesn't in itself make him crap. He's almost certainly (up to this season) been a high standard player for each of those two leagues and was rumoured to be very in demand this summer. Despite his less than illustrious CV of clubs that he's played for, he isn't a mug.

I doubt he'll play higher than League One level at most, perhaps not even that. But I think he'll do well for a team in our league next season- the ability he's got just hasn't worked out here. I'd be surprised if this time next season he hasn't got about 30 appearances and 5-10 goals for a club in League Two. I actually think Exeter City is a team whose style of play would suit him down to the ground.

Nov 16, 2006
briangreen":3jsqk77m said:
TomLannigan":3jsqk77m said:

Why?
These two haven't even been given a fair opportunity. Agree about Boco though, offers very little.

Can't really agree that these two haven't been given a fair opportunity. The manager sees them every day in training and sees them in development matches and very rarely picks them for the matchday 18. When you're trying to impress to get your match chance, training is your opportunity. I can only therefore assume they haven't impressed the management and are therefore, unfortunately, a waste of a (albeit small) wage.

Unlike most, I would keep Trotman. He's been off form lately but I think he's a reasonable League 2 centre half. Be surprised if Nelson stays and I prefer Trotman to Max....you can't have yet another total clear-out.