No home pre-season game (update - v Reading U21) | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

No home pre-season game (update - v Reading U21)

Nov 2, 2004
Just a minor point,but it is not even the reserves,it's the youngsters.The first team squad reserves will have played in the other game.History says most of the youngsters will drift into non league.It would have been a better test against another conference side.

Jan 27, 2012
spowell92":2se7ik7k said:
We should be playing teams like Reading in the sodding league, not thanking them for sending their kids of a friendly.

Totally agree.

Its embarrassing enough for a city of Plymouth's size to be represented by a League Two club, let alone this "small club" attitude which suddenly seems to be accepted around here.

If Argyle are serious about getting back into the Championship, rather than just talking about it, then they need to start running things in a professional manner. And some investment would be nice.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
personally i think that a lot of supporters are over reacting.i find friendlies very tedious and have always thought that they are for our current and new additions to get used to each others strengths and weaknesses and getting to match fitness which i am certain with our new management team they will be.

IJN

🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
Nov 29, 2012
Greenford":q0g0dl20 said:
Who is it that is meant to be sorting out the friendlies, Brent, Rick Cowdry?

Eh??

One's the Chairman and one's the media man!

Nothing to do with either of them to be fair.

IJN

🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
Nov 29, 2012
cheshiregreen":11vnvnoq said:
Adams said friendlies should have been sorted in April, so Sheridan and Turner's departures are red herrings in the manager's view.

Not all.

Perhaps one or both had no interest in the future of PAFC.

I'm not saying that is the case as we'll never know but if you asked 100 people 'within football' I'd bet that 99.9% would say either the GM or the Manager were responsible were the PSF of a football club.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
⚽️ Player Sponsor ⚽️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 31, 2010
Given the situation it's decent opposition, the Reading under-21 side won promotion last season to the under-21 Premier League and will give us a good work out which is what we need, as long as we don't suffer a demoralising hammering.

But I think it's a bit naughty to raise the ticket price by £2 on the day of the game for a friendly against this standard of opposition. For this type of game fans will decide to go or not on the day of the game and the extra £2 could be a deciding factor, especially if it's a hot and sunny day and the beach is beckoning. :)
To save themselves £2 fans will now have to organise a ticket before matchday, which is ok for a league game when fans really want to be at Home Park.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
gaspargomez":640r5clj said:
spowell92":640r5clj said:
We should be playing teams like Reading in the sodding league, not thanking them for sending their kids of a friendly.

Totally agree.

Its embarrassing enough for a city of Plymouth's size to be represented by a League Two club, let alone this "small club" attitude which suddenly seems to be accepted around here.

If Argyle are serious about getting back into the Championship, rather than just talking about it, then they need to start running things in a professional manner. And some investment would be nice.

In friendlies? :crazy:

L G

Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
IJN":g0abwrp4 said:
cheshiregreen":g0abwrp4 said:
Adams said friendlies should have been sorted in April, so Sheridan and Turner's departures are red herrings in the manager's view.

Not all.

Perhaps one or both had no interest in the future of PAFC.

I'm not saying that is the case as we'll never know but if you asked 100 people 'within football' I'd bet that 99.9% would say either the GM or the Manager were responsible were the PSF of a football club.
perhaps someone who has the full interests of PAFC at heart should be organising these things.

L G

Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
PL2 3DQ":2filq0bc said:
But I think it's a bit naughty to raise the ticket price by £2 on the day of the game for a friendly against this standard of opposition. For this type of game fans will decide to go or not on the day of the game and the extra £2 could be a deciding factor, especially if it's a hot and sunny day and the beach is beckoning. :)
To save themselves £2 fans will now have to organise a ticket before matchday, which is ok for a league game when fans really want to be at Home Park.
Bang on.

Nov 16, 2006
Although it's disappointing, but only from the fans perspective, but with a few squad, rest assured I'm sure there will be plenty of an argyle 11 v an argyle 11 behind closed doors. And with everyone playing for a starting place, it will be very competitive.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
LG":2uzi68b3 said:
PL2 3DQ":2uzi68b3 said:
Bang on.

Yep, fully agree.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
soccerpilgrim":2th1ur2y said:
LG":2th1ur2y said:
PL2 3DQ":2th1ur2y said:
Bang on.

Yep, fully agree.

Just about takes the biscuit doesn't it? As if people are going to book in advance for a friendly, you show up on the day for such a game. Safe to say I won't be going, ged'on Argyle :thumbs:

Jun 8, 2014
Surely Martyn Starnes should have been sorting this? Seeing as he's not leaving and is supposed to have some sort of important football related role.