Norwich City post-match round up | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Norwich City post-match round up

Jun 2, 2016
Foster is big on getting apologies from referees. Considering he criticised yesterday's official for not giving a penalty for a blatant Devine dive, and applying the law after Argyle's physio came onto the pitch, maybe he can issue an apology to them for once.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I thought the knee on Matty was a shocking challenge, deliberate and premeditated and worthy of a red card but I haven’t watched it back so perhaps I over reacted. Re Barnes, he knew exactly what he was doing and what he could get away with.
I think it was deliberate too but not a red. Barnes made several challenges in the game where he left a foot in, nothing particularly nasty but borderline to let his opponent know he was there. He was the one Norwich player who got away with a yellow I thought.
He's a horrible so and so on the field but would have been perfect for a swansong season or two with us. Unfortunately, his wages were way out of our reach.

Reactions: saxman

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
OK i did not see that on my stream
It doesn’t matter if the physio came onto the pitch or not, Unless the rules have recently changed once the Ref waves them on then even if they decide not to come on then it still treated as if they had.

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
I don't think Barnes even saw Miller. I can't remember the Houghton one. The ref missed or didn't deem the knee worthy of a yellow but 5 minutes later when Sorinola exacted revenge with a knee in the back of the same player the referee didn't book him either, probably thinking they were quits. Sorinola's mistake was committing another foul soon after being let off with his own knee in the back.
Sometimes in a game you can see when a team 'loses' the ref but yesterday seemed we never had him. If you didn't watch the game and just looked at the stats it would appear we just tried to kick Norwich off the park. Matty's booking yep silly/bad timing but their lad really leads with the knee in the first challenge, yellow job done. Houghton tries to speak with ref and as captain he is entitled to but ref just 'no' and walks away. Foul count 11-12 cards 0-7(8) it really wasn't a nasty game. I am normally a backer of the ref, one of my best friends is Alan Crickmore's son so have been educated:ROFLMAO:, but yesterday I don't think he got a lot wrong overall but the card count was weird. Rands seemed harsh but one back to them and 'that's it guys I'm here' now let's play... I actually liked Fosters reaction to his card shrug and and yeah whatever. Yesterday reminded me of the NTNON Constable Savage sketch 'wearing green in a built up area' book him.

Last edited:

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
Thought Barnes is what we have really missed this season 'proper Marmite player' love him if he's yours, hate him if your the opposition. Hardie and Waine are both the feed off type of striker. We don't have that Trigger atm maybe Bundu could do it but seems we are grasping at square pegs for round holes. With Finn in that 10 slot team was balanced in attack Morgs, Hardie, Waine, Bundu feeding off him... now big round hole left by FA and small square pegs to fill it.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Though I love the effort Hardie puts in, his pre- xmas form was way above the level I thought he would produce, now is more the level I expected within the Championship.

Be interested to see Hardies conversion rate from chances per game v those he gets on target.

For me he is a L1 striker at best, Bundu has better skills and strength on ball, but Hardies speed and positional sense is better.

Hardie is clearly without doubt a championship level striker - his stats absolutely back that up.

This is just a small loss of form.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
A final thought. I keep getting told teams don't score often from corners!
Plenty on match of day tonight also
There was an unusually high number this weekend and also a couple of goals scored with quick breakaways from teams defending corners too like the Bowen goal at Newcastle.

Jan 27, 2006
Just read the BBC roundup and this quote from IF struck me as interesting:

Two huge key incidents, among others, that he got wrong and when you look at the penalty decision not to give Lewis Gibson a penalty - and the PGMOL say to us 'yes, we got that one wrong', Ryan Hardie against Preston 'yep, we got that one wrong'. When does it stop? All we're asking them to do is make the right decisions. Stop sending us letters saying 'we got that one wrong' and make the right call.

IF is implying that PGMOL have sent an apology letter for the no penalty call on RH in the Preston game. If I was a journo I’d be following up on that because I don’t think it’s believable.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Just read the BBC roundup and this quote from IF struck me as interesting:

IF is implying that PGMOL have sent an apology letter for the no penalty call on RH in the Preston game. If I was a journo I’d be following up on that because I don’t think it’s believable.

Why don’t you think it’s believable? They do come out and say they’ve got things wrong

Oct 10, 2018
Hardie is clearly without doubt a championship level striker - his stats absolutely back that up.

This is just a small loss of form.
What stats are they then, pls provide evidence, as the games I have sat in he clearly needs five chances before scoring one of them and two of them have to be clear cut..

Now argyle can't create 5 chances a game, no.suprise he is struggling.

I actually hope your right as i like the effort he puts in, i dont feel that his qualities match his effort, but this pretty much Hardie form. He scores in clusters of six or 7 games then goes 15 games without a goal, this happens in L1 and L2 too.