Norwich City post-match round up | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Norwich City post-match round up

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
All teams struggling say the ref is against them. Decisions even themselves out over a season.

The misses can be blamed, the poor defending can be blamed, the inability to change tactics in a game can be blamed but not the ref every match. Grow a set IF
There's the issue. Blame, blame, blame.

Reactions: jimsing
Jun 14, 2004
Saltash
Decent first half but shocking second. Absolutely zero threat at all.
I fear we go 0-1 on Monday it will turn nasty, I really want to like foster but he just isn’t the man, upsetting the squad by changing pre match rituals and dietary routines won’t help. Can only see this going one way
How can you say that as Hardie had an excellent chance,Morgans effort was blocked.
Mr Terry Venables stated in football that luck was a major factor in winning football matches,sadly lady luck has deserted us unlike last season.
Although it's tough the so called "Green Army" need to be at there very best for the rest of the season,then the summer is the time for a thorough prognosis..💚

Aug 4, 2011
How can you say that as Hardie had an excellent chance,Morgans effort was blocked.
Mr Terry Venables stated in football that luck was a major factor in winning football matches,sadly lady luck has deserted us unlike last season.
Although it's tough the so called "Green Army" need to be at there very best for the rest of the season,then the summer is the time for a thorough prognosis..💚
You’re daydreaming mate. We were battered from min 46 to 96. 7 min injury time we didn’t even enter their penalty box for the the entire period of added on time

Reactions: Rincey
Jun 14, 2004
Saltash
You’re daydreaming mate. We were battered from min 46 to 96. 7 min injury time we didn’t even enter their penalty box for the the entire period of added on time
I'm not dreaming , we had some very good opportunities but didn't take them, fine margins will determine our championship status.
Our away strategy seems to be catch teams on the break but will not entertain at Home Park.
I do wonder sometimes if comments by fans have ever played the game as its embarrassing...

Aug 4, 2011
I'm not dreaming , we had some very good opportunities but didn't take them, fine margins will determine our championship status.
Our away strategy seems to be catch teams on the break but will not entertain at Home Park.
I do wonder sometimes if comments by fans have ever played the game as its embarrassing...
I’d wager I’ve played at a far higher standard than you. If your taking that second half performance as positive then god help us.

Reactions: Beyton Green
May 16, 2016
Worth noting the Norwich managers thoughts on the BBC. Especially those who didn't think we were in it.

"Then we have to be honest, Gunny (Angus Gunn) made some unbelievable saves and he has to be my player of the match today because he kept us in very important moments in the game"

Maybe we weren't that bad after all. I'd rather take his word than others.

Aug 4, 2011
We are not in a play ground are we ?
I only got to Portsmouth as as a trialist far better than any SW league, been an Argyle fan for 45 years...
You’re the one trying to question the level fans have played at and then start skulking about being in a playground. Who mentioned Sw league? I’m sure your medal for 45 years as a supporter is in the post. Grow up

• Haha
Reactions: Monster Green
Jun 14, 2004
Saltash
Football is all about opinions, Argyle play a counter strategy away and we're unlucky today.
I'm not asking for any medal ,I'm not going to get into personal achievements, let's leave it at that.
Your comment of "grow up " is laughable, it seems you can't have an intelligent debate without disrespect.
Whatever league Argyle are in next season I will be at Home Park, hopefully still in the Championship.

Dec 26, 2022
Early in the season my dad jokingly said "the refs want us to go down because they don't like travelling down here" and tbh the longer the season has gone on, the more and more it's looked like that may be the case.
Not helping but clutching at straws. Fact is Hardie and Miller had clear chances to extend our lead but failed miserably - poor quality too often. This is what will end us down us not c**p referees.

Reactions: 999mattyg
Jul 6, 2005
Worth noting the Norwich managers thoughts on the BBC. Especially those who didn't think we were in it.

"Then we have to be honest, Gunny (Angus Gunn) made some unbelievable saves and he has to be my player of the match today because he kept us in very important moments in the game"

Maybe we weren't that bad after all. I'd rather take his word than others.
I don't think anyone has suggested that we played badly, most of us think that over the 90 minutes it was a pretty decent display against good opposition.

However, we have been undone once again by individuals errors, i.e. Hardie's woeful finishing and failing to block runners from a corner.

Dec 14, 2008
Plymouth
Not helping but clutching at straws. Fact is Hardie and Miller had clear chances to extend our lead but failed miserably - poor quality too often. This is what will end us down us not c**p referees.
What are you on about, not helping? Ah I must have missed the part where I blamed the ref for us losing. Guessing you also think Foster isn't to blame at all even though he repeatedly picks the Hardie and Miller you speak of. The point was the refs have been awful all season. And in all honesty, if we actually did go back and look at all the decisions that we haven't got, like glaringly obvious, horrendous decisions, a case actually could be made they've sent us down if we drop.

Reactions: gundolt
Sep 28, 2022
Like it or not this was the scenerio we surely all expected to be in at this time of the season. We all said, obviously not knowing the managerial changes at the start of the season, that 21st place at the end of the season would be success. Well here we are still in charge of own destiny and still in with a reasonable chance of being in the Championship next season. Granted the next two games are crucial, but both are winnable and hopefully this time next Friday we'll all be saying "what was all the fuss and stress about". Mind you I am crossing every bodily part that can be crossed and even a few that are a bit of a struggle. Coybleddygreens!!!.

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
Just ain't breaking for us atm another OG, point at the least was deserved. Hardie needs to get his scoring boots on if we are to survive but all in all not dis-heartened by that performance. Thought our goal was a beauty we aren't going to waltz through the middle as we did with Finn, think getting some width is our best bet. Ref was a merchant banker.

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Why do we not have players standing against the post on corners? Also did the physio actually go on the field, what i saw was Edwards holding him back from going on.
Came onto pitch near halfway line and ran towards player. Edwards then pushed him off pitch. Undisputed he came onto pitch.