Norwich City post-match round up | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Norwich City post-match round up

Oct 10, 2018
Decent performace against a good team....Hardies loss of form could well see us playing in L1 next season though....

Bundu's lack of game time is a complete mystery too....
Though I love the effort Hardie puts in, his pre- xmas form was way above the level I thought he would produce, now is more the level I expected within the Championship.

Be interested to see Hardies conversion rate from chances per game v those he gets on target.

For me he is a L1 striker at best, Bundu has better skills and strength on ball, but Hardies speed and positional sense is better.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Right then, not sure how this will go but here are my thoughts from being at the game.
The officials were poor, which is not unusual and its the same for every team in the league.
We had chances to win this let alone get a point, you can't pin that on Foster.
It doesn't look like they're not playing for the manager, that was a generally good away performance.
The negativity in the stands is going to do us.
He has no credit in the bank with us and it doesn't really matter what we do on the pitch.
A win will give us a brief respite until the next defeat and then rinse and repeat.
We need to grow a set and get behind the team, I would have taken 21st at the start of the season.
It's no disgrace to lose 2-1 at Norwich.
COYG
Well said. I didn't see anything today that suggests that the players aren't giving it their all or that IF doesn't have clear gameplans. Anyone comparing our's and Norwich's bench could see instantly the limited options we have to bring on game changers at this level.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Though I love the effort Hardie puts in, his pre- xmas form was way above the level I thought he would produce, now is more the level I expected within the Championship.

Be interested to see Hardies conversion rate from chances per game v those he gets on target.

For me he is a L1 striker at best, Bundu has better skills and strength on ball, but Hardies speed and positional sense is better.
Fine margins isn't it? The miss from a tight and difficult angle whilst running at full pelt, a good save from an outstretched leg. His finishing b4 Christmas and soon after his return from injury was outstanding so of course we all hope he can regain that standard. We need him to! At least Morgs was looking more like it today.

Dec 14, 2008
Plymouth
Was there any anti Foster chants at the game today? Not saying I heard any on the TV I'm just curious, because if we go 1-2 down on Monday I can see HP being awful in terms of atmosphere.

Dec 14, 2008
Plymouth
Fine margins isn't it? The miss from a tight and difficult angle whilst running at full pelt, a good save from an outstretched leg. His finishing b4 Christmas and soon after his return from injury was outstanding so of course we all hope he can regain that standard. We need him to! At least Morgs was looking more like it today.
While I think Hardie should score once he goes past the keeper, I think the situation was on Whittaker. Hardie wanted it way earlier and he never gave it quick enough and it meant Hardie had to round the keeper and the angle was tighter. He wanted it earlier so he could run straight at him.

Reactions: saxman
Sep 6, 2006
Wasn't that difficult. The near post was wide open. You don't often get 5 yard tap ins from centre of goal

Dereham Green

✅ Evergreen
Oct 7, 2008
Was there any anti Foster chants at the game today? Not saying I heard any on the TV I'm just curious, because if we go 1-2 down on Monday I can see HP being awful in terms of atmosphere.
Yes, there were a number there who couldn't wait to give him a hard time but were happy to applaud the players.
It's not helping, it really isn't.

Aug 4, 2011
Decent first half but shocking second. Absolutely zero threat at all.
I fear we go 0-1 on Monday it will turn nasty, I really want to like foster but he just isn’t the man, upsetting the squad by changing pre match rituals and dietary routines won’t help. Can only see this going one way

Dec 14, 2008
Plymouth
As with a lot of referees this season, he seemed to edge towards our opponents. Players looked bemused with many of his decisions....
Early in the season my dad jokingly said "the refs want us to go down because they don't like travelling down here" and tbh the longer the season has gone on, the more and more it's looked like that may be the case.

Last edited:

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
As with a lot of referees this season, he seemed to edge towards our opponents. Players looked bemused with many of his decisions....
Edge???? He was playing for them. 12 against 10.

Reactions: IvyG and Landsender

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Why do we not have players standing against the post on corners? Also did the physio actually go on the field, what i saw was Edwards holding him back from going on.

Oct 31, 2015
All teams struggling say the ref is against them. Decisions even themselves out over a season.

The misses can be blamed, the poor defending can be blamed, the inability to change tactics in a game can be blamed but not the ref every match. Grow a set IF

Reactions: Nick Prideaux