Official club coaches...any news? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Official club coaches...any news?

P

Piran-Pilgrim

Are Argyle selling coach travel from today can someone let me know please?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Piran-Pilgrim":1w9k6sd1 said:
Are Argyle selling coach travel from today can someone let me know please?

Coaches
Coaches for Wembley will leave Home Park at 7am from outside the Devonport End.

The cost is £40 per person – no concessions – and tickets can be booked through the Home Park Ticket Office in person or over the phone on 0845 872 3335. Payment is by cash, card or cheque.

There will be four coaches running through Cornwall, two on each of two routes. These can be booked through the Home Park Ticket Office, when customers will need to select which of the two coaches they require and where they will join. If these coaches are filled, they will not stop at Home Park but go straight through...to Wembley!

http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/wemb ... 17155.aspx

May 31, 2010
Plymouth
Moderate queue for tickets this morning but getting longer due to only one window being open up to 9.30. They are asking for sight of one members card so carry all your bits and pieces with you just in case. Weather looks decent for now.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
gariboldi":34fjqrz7 said:
Why are the coaches so much more than usual? All the coach does is get you from A to B, there should be no increase. That's exploitation! I understand spending more for Wembley but that's because you pay for the venue, but the roadside scenery doesn't change from a normal journey to London. No wonder they dont give the price, you must buy your match ticket first if you call Argyle. They say you must buy a matchday ticket before you are even told the coach price. That smells! Travel club can poke it even if cheapest easy way of getting there, it's the principle, i'll try hike! Exploitation!

This has all been adequately clarified by JonB on another thread about this same topic which I have copy and pasted here for your information.

JonB":34fjqrz7 said:
I really shouldn't post this, but firstly as a fan, & secondly as our Club Sec, I'm really, really disappointed at the tone at the start of this thread. It is surprisingly hurtful.

We ~ the staff of yours & our club ~ put the needs of supporters at the forefront of every decision that we take.

We have been scouring the country for coaches for weeks now in preparation for our great day at Wembley; the combination of the limited availability of Bank Holiday coaches, the demand, the distance & the parking fees sees £40 as a likely break-even figure.

Concessions could be offered, but full prices would then rise commensurately; we thought it would be easier for everyone to offer a flat fee.

The staff have been working flat out for weeks now, 12, 13 & 14 hour days not being uncommon.

At first hand I've seen our ticket office, our media team, our retail department & our commercial team put thought to how we can make what will be one of the best days of our lives even better.

Conversations (often led by the Chief Exec!) are always ~ always ~ about whether or not we can make things cheaper for fans. In my 8 months, there has never been a single conversation around 'how much we can get away with charging'.

Most of the staff at our club ~ including the ticket office, the shop, the stadium guys & the media team ~ are as committed, die hard fans as the rest of us. They love our club & like many of us, shed a tear or two of joy last Sunday (when they worked a 13 hour day before coming back in at 8am the next morning to continue planning for Wembley).

That some fans think they sit around plotting how to 'rip off' fellow supporters amazes me. It never happens. Never.

Wembley '96 is one of the greatest memories I have.

Memories of Wembley '16 will live within us & our children forever & I promise you, every single member of the pretty small staff team at Home Park is working tirelessly to make it as fantastic as we possibly can.

Bring on the 30th.

B

Barker_93

pilgrimB173":uz10j2lt said:
Moderate queue for tickets this morning but getting longer due to only one window being open up to 9.30. They are asking for sight of one members card so carry all your bits and pieces with you just in case. Weather looks decent for now.

Does this mean you need to be a member to get onto the coaches?

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
Got mine after about an hour. Only 2 windows open. If you are on their database they will just ask you to verbally confirm your address and that's it. We are booked on coach 13 and that is just less than 2 hours after the office opened.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
£40 for a coach - virtually door-to-door, no hassle, no parking to worry about etc. Get on coach, sit back and relax, sleep, read a book/magazine/newspaper, chat.

Or...

Train: >£40 I am sure, hassle of tube
Car: petrol would surely be ~£40, parking (cost and hassle), traffic, loads of hassle
Bike/walk: yeah right...

Obviously the cost of travel decreases if four people go in one car but against the cost you have to offset the added hassle (lots).

My reaction was that £40 (for the club coaches and the GT's coaches) was quite a lot of money but that the alternatives were either even more expensive and/or involved a LOT more hassle that I would rather not have. Sadly, getting to a Wembley final is an expensive business, but then so is going to a West End Show in London or a gig at the NEC or O2 arena.

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Train £62.65 (groups of 3 or more) but hardly any (if any at all) tickets with a seat allocation left.

All sold out on the 0655 or 0748 and none on the return at 2030!!!

Going to be a busy morning at Plymouth Station!!!

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
WestPark Green":236q8tdq said:
Just got mine about 30min wait I'm on coach 23 was told there will be 32 coaches so selling fast.

Got wembley tickets but cant book travel till friday and im probably one of many eek were did everyone come from even the trains are getting fully booked :oops:

Nov 4, 2012
If I buy coach tickets can I get them refunded? We may be going by car but win't know until friday.