Olly Lee Signs | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Olly Lee Signs

C

Cobi Budge.

BadBoy":1fxmu5u5 said:
This Norburn love in is a bit over egging it Don't you think, still he may get a chance tomorrow or Sheridan may revert to his default safety first option and play Cox. I'd play Blizzard personally.

I haven't seen many others raving about him to be honest, and it surprises me, Norburn is the best passer of the ball we have.

Feb 21, 2011
Cobi Budge.":132f5xhi said:
BadBoy":132f5xhi said:
This Norburn love in is a bit over egging it Don't you think, still he may get a chance tomorrow or Sheridan may revert to his default safety first option and play Cox. I'd play Blizzard personally.

I haven't seen many others raving about him to be honest, and it surprises me, Norburn is the best passer of the ball we have.
Not seen enough of him to give him that accolade I think Reid would probably get that award. Strangely a phrase that used to be used when describing Young.

C

Cobi Budge.

BadBoy":3ogm6jeq said:
Cobi Budge.":3ogm6jeq said:
BadBoy":3ogm6jeq said:

Not seen enough of him to give him that accolade I think Reid would probably get that award. Strangely a phrase that used to be used when describing Young.

Norburn is a far better footballer than Luke Young, both in his technical ability and his physicality, in my view anyway.

Jan 13, 2015
Cobi Budge.":9rp9d82l said:
BadBoy":9rp9d82l said:
Cobi Budge.":9rp9d82l said:
BadBoy":9rp9d82l said:

Norburn is a far better footballer than Luke Young, both in his technical ability and his physicality, in my view anyway.
I think it was Sheridan who said Young was the best passer in the league but not heard him say a great deal about Norburn...but then you've never really liked Luke ?

The problem is with Norburn, while he's good on the ball and generally a pretty good player, he coasts for periods of the game, and has stretches where his head is completely out of it.

That Northampton away game summed it up. Very good until Northampton scored. Afterwards, completely lost it. His play in the last 15 minutes was summed up by him creaming it into the back of the main stand under no pressure.

C

Cobi Budge.

MannameadGreen":1b41lga9 said:
The problem is with Norburn, while he's good on the ball and generally a pretty good player, he coasts for periods of the game, and has stretches where his head is completely out of it.

That Northampton away game summed it up. Very good until Northampton scored. Afterwards, completely lost it. His play in the last 15 minutes was summed up by him creaming it into the back of the main stand under no pressure.

I see where you are coming from but I personally think Lee 'coasts' more than Norburn and often neglects his defensive duties. But because Lee pops up in the box, the fans seem to love him, when his general game isn't all that good.

Cobi Budge.":htdtgiwm said:
MannameadGreen":htdtgiwm said:

I see where you are coming from but I personally think Lee 'coasts' more than Norburn and often neglects his defensive duties. But because Lee pops up in the box, the fans seem to love him, when his general game isn't all that good.
I agree! I think Lee's poor and much worse than Norburn.

Norburn does get caught defensively a bit too often for me, and does go through spells that he doesn't influence the game much. I do think he's quite good though.

C

Cobi Budge.

I think we pretty much agree on Lee.

I just don't get the rave.

Some seem to be being extremely naive in their praise for Lee. Fans love a player who can get into the box and look like scoring goals, often this completely clouds their vision of what else a player does, Lee isn't a striker, he has other duties bar being in the box. He looks a goal threat at times, I'll give him that and he can strike a ball, I'll give him that as well, however his passing is generally quite average (Cox, Norburn & Dom are all better passers), his positioning is largely poor in terms of covering for or helping out his team mates and this usually stems from his lack of concentration (because he's so focused on being in the box), or it stems from his slight lack of mobility.

And I personally think it's nonsensical to say he compliments Bobby, just because we have two attacking midfielders doesn't mean they compliment each other, Bobby looks a far better player without Lee, as the Cambridge match so evidently proved, Bobby needs the freedom to move and he can't do that when Lee is in the side because Bobby is busy covering for him and trying to help out O'Connor in the centre of the park, pushing Bobby into a deep role to which he's not suited.

Lee is a generally average midfielder at this level, Cox, Norburn & Dom are the better players. I honestly believe over the next few games, as good as we've been lately, we'll see an improvement in the solidity of our midfield and the balance of our side without Olly Lee.

Oct 24, 2010
Lee is a good footballer who gets about the pitch and has an eye for goal. He'd be an asset to most teams jn this league.