Passion without Violence | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Passion without Violence

Here's a thought. It understand we have to pay for the police presence, and even on days without the threat of terrorism there are a lot of them. Our away fans revenue is I guess around
20K. If the cost of policing is anywhere close to that figure, would it not pay us to ban Exeter fans?

We know that players respond to and appreciate the presence of away supporters. Would the absence of those fans have improved our chances of getting al three points?

Jan 6, 2007
Ollieargyle9":7hexm8js said:
PL2 3DQ":7hexm8js said:
There were armed police at the Exeter game!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-34922283

Yup let's take example from the yanks, guns work so very well for them now don't they.

This isn't going to prevent a terrorist, this is merely going to get some poor innocent civilian shot by an inexperienced or undertrained officer who should never have been armed.
You know all about the training required to be an armed officer do you? I think not! A member of my family is however an armed officer and has been fully trained. They don't just pop out the back of the station and shoot at a couple of tin cans you know!
Out of Interest, how would you deal with a Terror threat? I suppose you would approach them and ask politely if they would drop there weapons and go Home now as some people might get hurt. FFS.
Hopefully he never has to use his weapon, but in extreme cases I'd rather be protected by Him than you Thanks.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Fergy":2j0h5pes said:
Clarke_B":2j0h5pes said:
Ollieargyle9":2j0h5pes said:
PL2 3DQ":2j0h5pes said:

Yup let's take example from the yanks, guns work so very well for them now don't they.

This isn't going to prevent a terrorist, this is merely going to get some poor innocent civilian shot by an inexperienced or undertrained officer who should never have been armed.

Armed officers are most definitely not undertrained. The training they go through is rigorous and intense. Prevention is better than cure and the mere presence of armed officers deployed at sporting events will deter terrorists from turning it into a bloodbath. I can't recall any unarmed innocent civilians being shot dead by Devon & Cornwall Police so they must be doing something right!

Just out of interest, how would their presence deter terrorism?

Terrorists prefer soft targets where than can maim and kill with apparent impunity, they avoid targets who can fire back.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Mark Jenkin":2xgh2qbh said:
Ollieargyle9":2xgh2qbh said:
PL2 3DQ":2xgh2qbh said:

You know all about the training required to be an armed officer do you? I think not! A member of my family is however an armed officer and has been fully trained. They don't just pop out the back of the station and shoot at a couple of tin cans you know!
Out of Interest, how would you deal with a Terror threat? I suppose you would approach them and ask politely if they would drop there weapons and go Home now as some people might get hurt. FFS.
Hopefully he never has to use his weapon, but in extreme cases I'd rather be protected by Him than you Thanks.

Please point me to the place in my post where I suggest that I could handle such a situation any better let alone offer my services to protect you or anyone else myself. A complete non-argument to discredit my actual point.

Again please indicate where I have said that "asking them politely to leave" would be "my way" of handling things, a completely crass comment in light of recent events and again a non-argument, just because I don't believe officers wandering around Home Park with hand guns is the solution does not mean I disagree with an armed response being on stand-by away from the general public until the worst should happen.

As my post clearly states I do not agree with general officers who may be under-trained walking around major events with hand guns under their police uniforms (although I will admit I missed the words "firearms officers" in the article when I first posted). Trained firearm ready officers with visible weaponry, yes if the situation calls for it but after the events of Saturday is it really wise to have "regular" police officers being pushed and shoved by a few drunken football fans armed with hand guns; in the heat of the moment that would be a recipe for disaster, you only have to look at the States record to see that.

Jan 6, 2007
Ollieargyle9":yiozuv7a said:
Mark Jenkin":yiozuv7a said:
Ollieargyle9":yiozuv7a said:
PL2 3DQ":yiozuv7a said:

Please point me to the place in my post where I suggest that I could handle such a situation any better let alone offer my services to protect you or anyone else myself. A complete non-argument to discredit my actual point.

Again please indicate where I have said that "asking them politely to leave" would be "my way" of handling things, a completely crass comment in light of recent events and again a non-argument, just because I don't believe officers wandering around Home Park with hand guns is the solution does not mean I disagree with an armed response being on stand-by away from the general public until the worst should happen.

As my post clearly states I do not agree with general officers who may be under-trained walking around major events with hand guns under their police uniforms (although I will admit I missed the words "firearms officers" in the article when I first posted). Trained firearm ready officers with visible weaponry, yes if the situation calls for it but after the events of Saturday is it really wise to have "regular" police officers being pushed and shoved by a few drunken football fans armed with hand guns; in the heat of the moment that would be a recipe for disaster, you only have to look at the States record to see that.
Regular Police officers won't be armed though! The only officers armed will be fully trained, your whole argument is flawed. The armed response officers would have been on standby in case of a terror alert, not under the Lyndhurst pushing drunken football fans as you call them.
I wonder how many more "poor Innocent Civilians" would have lost there lives if the Bataclan hadn't been stormed by armed French Police.
You call my comment Crass, because of recent tragic events, the armed officers were at the Game as they were at Exeter Chiefs I might add, because of the Tragic Events. I would call your comment about Innocents being shot By Police Crass, especially in light of recent events! (See what I did there) :wave: