PASTA to host New Years meeting with James Brent | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

PASTA to host New Years meeting with James Brent

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
Well I have taken the trouble to read all the posts. I can't believe that from the original positive reports from those who were there and Tony's report, this thread can be turned into something so vindictive.

It seems that some are never happy until they create controversy where there is none. :banghead:

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
Why not respond with an open and honest answer Mark , its about time somedody did.Nothing snide about my comments just genuine concern for the future of our club.

Mark Colling

ā™£ļø PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
I and many others who were there last night have spent all day giving open an honest answers in this very thread so I think absolutely think it is snide to make the comments you did.

However, for the benefit of others, half the answer was provided by chepstowgreen on page 6 or 7. In effect, all the hospitality, catering and conferencing income from within the new stand will go to the club. All the income from the surrounding development will not.

If you wish to consider that sold down the river then fine but I see it as a commercial reality that gets us a completed stadium.

In the interests if complete openness, my understanding is that there are 2 retail outlets physically within the new stand that do form part of the external development rather than club income.

Inevitably, some will decide this is unacceptable. Again, I can live with it and, besides, the plans aren't final yet any way.

And, finally, I can't believe that no-one asked about the capacity of the completed ground. I wa itching to asking but it wasn't really my place as I wa the emergency chair for the meeting and was trying to get quetions from as many people as possible.

Apr 27, 2009
Graham Evans":1ovmw5hj said:
Why not respond with an open and honest answer Mark , its about time somedody did.Nothing snide about my comments just genuine concern for the future of our club.

Why not read the bloody thread and find the answer as its all there ? Mark Is obviously more diplomatic than me but this thread is getting ridiculous ! How many times can the same questions be answered ?

Apr 27, 2009
Babararacucudada":1h0jqwz4 said:
Brent's already said it'll be a 6000 seat stand, Mark. Ages ago.

Which I think is far too small and if it is all built-in there'll be no scope to extend it. Which is a potential and avoidable disaster and will prevent Argyle from ever achieving the dream I hope we all share.

Was anything added to this last night?

Mark has just said nothing was raised on this. Perhaps he is writing in Bristolian and you are not understanding OR your being deliberately argumentative

Apr 27, 2009
just taking a stab in the dark Mark, something in your writing style seems to render it unreadable in certain persons eye's

Apr 27, 2009
Babararacucudada":2d7y8f3f said:
No. Not at all. When Mark said there had been no mention of capacity I thought he meant on this thread not at the do last night.

So after reading this thread thoroughly you had not realised Mark was at the meeting last night and reporting back from the meeting last night ? If you need help then the clues can be found in his signature strip and the thread title !

Feb 8, 2005
Seems to me that Baba is hogging this thread with superfluous questions which would only be answered at the meeting if the questions had been asked.

I say again. Take the day off and attend the meeting (as others have done) if it is important enough that you want explicit questions to be answered. Failing that prime someone that will attend to ask the questions on your behalf.

It's no good bleating about things that weren't discussed after the event has occurred.

memory man

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
jimsing":2ibx3obn said:
Seems to me that Baba is hogging this thread with superfluous questions which would only be answered at the meeting if the questions had been asked.

I say again. Take the day off and attend the meeting (as others have done) if it is important enough that you want explicit questions to be answered. Failing that prime someone that will attend to ask the questions on your behalf.

It's no good bleating about things that weren't discussed after the event has occurred.
Thank goodness it is not just me! You have it spot on. Strikes me as a long series of 'look how clever I am' series of posts, with continued subsequent post which ignore the sound advice - go direct to the very open and honest owner.

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
memory man":1lgi39rv said:
jimsing":1lgi39rv said:

Thank goodness it is not just me! You have it spot on. Strikes me as a long series of 'look how clever I am' series of posts, with continued subsequent post which ignore the sound advice - go direct to the very open and honest owner.

Exactly!

Jun 16, 2006
tonycholwell":8l0pc2tn said:
At the end of the day, this was one facet that I do not think was in the public domain, Nor about the temporary seating for the rebuild nor the fact the models will be available to view within 3 months and on that subject that fans will be able to have their say. In addition he reiterated that not one blade of grass in Central Park will be built on. Im not sure many will have realised that the ice rink will be the finest west of Bracknell!
Is this a JB statement? Wondering how this is qualified?
There has been no mention that it will be coverable to allow multipurpose use for concerts or basketball and the capacity is below Coventry Skydome and the existing temporary Cardiff Ice Rink and it's truly imminent permanent replacement.

The assertion that the development will be within the car park footprint should hopefully diminish the opposition from Friends of Central Park, but can't see how it allows for all the original plans of Hotel and Cinema. Maybe the stadium building will incorporate some of the rest of the development leading to the talk of outlets in ground not providing income to Argyle.

Jun 28, 2004
Sorry if I missed it but is there a thread with any feedback from the PASTA meeting last week?