PASTA to host New Years meeting with James Brent | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

PASTA to host New Years meeting with James Brent

B

Baby Face Johnson

tonycholwell":1ff9yaht said:
Baby Hair Johnson":1ff9yaht said:
tonycholwell":1ff9yaht said:
Baby Hair Johnson":1ff9yaht said:
Misled may be a bit strong but it may give the impression that only 1 redundancy was made?

BHJ I was quite precise in my original report to type " The reorganisation of the staff was complete which had resulted in one part time post holder being made compulsory redundant." This was to give a more balanced view to some reports which had people heartlessly thrown out at Christmas. The reality is that one part time employee was forced to go. That does not diminish the effect on them personally, but is the end consequence of restructuring Argyle as a league 2 club rather than a Championship one.

So Yes, mislead was too strong as there was nothing, in my view, misleading:)

I'm not stirring, just attempting to intepret what Baba meant, although I'm sure he can speak for himself. I read it as only 1 redundancy, in total, which may be misleading, even if not intentional..

BHJ, which is why I used the word "compulsory" before the word "redundant".

Clearly plain English is not to everyones taste:)

Still, COYGs

My last say on the matter :D That could still be interpreted as there was only one redundancy, which just happened to be a compulsory one, so plain English doesn't always work now does it :shh:

Now let's all go and do something more worthwhile :coat:

Jul 14, 2011
PL2 3DQ":37csf329 said:
Tony, I bet you wish you never typed up what happened now especially when every tiny detail is analysed but thanks anyway.

Sad isnt it?
Damned if you do/dont.
Thanks to all concerned last night it was a very informative evening and good to meet fellow Greens. I felt very lucky to be given the opportunity to chat with JB on a one to one basis and thanked him for spending his valuable time with supporters in such a way.
More than anything I was just pleased to shake his hand and thank him personally for saving our club

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Babararacucudada":35wvb4m3 said:
Tony, I accept that your initial posting was wholly true. Will you accept, that until it was amended soon afterwards, that it was not the whole truth?

You are in no position at all to know how I, or anybody else, interpreted what you wrote. I do feel that what you said, whether intended or not, misled me so by definition it was, as far as I am concerned, misleading.

As for analysing every tiny detail... Well I don't consider 5 people losing their job to be a tiny detail at all... Just let me know what I am allowed to query and when and I'll see if I can oblige.

Ah Baba, the truth, a fearsome Goddess at the best of times.

My truth is clearly not everyones state of reality, so when I write "compulsory" I wrote what was said and that was a mile away from some of the factless chatter on here and elsewhere indicating a mass cull was in the offing and a second administration was just around the corner.

CRAP, it wasn't,one unfortunate person has forcibly lost their part time job in an effort to give us an organisation more in keeping with our status. A personal tragedy for them but not an indication of Guilfoyle (sp) coming back any time soon. 5 others took voluntary redundancy which was also reported, albeit by Mark C

Baba you do need need me or anyone else to tell you what to query although sometimes you ask in mostly the wrong places. If you want to chat to JB, go chat to him, he's always approachable before games, but when I have seen you recently, you have looked to "comfortable" in the Lounge:)

Feb 8, 2005
Baba,
There is no need to go overboard with your comments about the redundancies.
Tony answered your question by saying there was 1 compulsory redundancy. This was then added to by Marc who said that there were also 5 other voluntary redundancies.
It was made obvious from an early stage that there was 1 compulsory redundancy and 5 voluntary redundancies and there was no need for you to quiz Tony again and again. The information you were seeking was already there.
Can I suggest that, in future, if there is anything that you wish to ask, that you attend the meeting yourself and ask the question yourself.
Otherwise your continual asking of a question that has already been answered may be deemed to be considered to be a question asked with an ulterior motive, whatever next!!

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
Thanks to those taking the time to write up points from the meeting & answering further questions from those that didn't attend, that's what makes Pasoti so good.

If in 3 months we can give feedback on the proposed development, I guess it's pretty certain that building works will not be starting in the close season, as we were led to believe. Imminent again then :sad:

Dec 19, 2008
Tony, condescending.

In terms of the redundancies, there's been 5 - that's a fact. There isn't that much diference between compulsory and voluntary, you've still got 5 less employees than you had before.

You've stated that Baba asks questions in the wrong places.... what does that mean? I think you're forgetting that you are supposed to be representing the fans and not representing the club or James Brent. Condescending the fans isn't in the PASB remit either.

dunlop

šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Nov 17, 2009
I just can't get some people, when restructuring takes place there are obviously and unfortunately going to be job losses especially as we were being staffed as a championship club, it is same thing as JB getting stick from the fans for the teams poor performance goes with the territory, you take the credit when things are going well you take unfortunately because its football you take the abuse.

I do not think JB has done any ,thing underhand regards the redundancies.

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
tonycholwell":2zwn72l3 said:
Babararacucudada":2zwn72l3 said:
Tony, I accept that your initial posting was wholly true. Will you accept, that until it was amended soon afterwards, that it was not the whole truth?

You are in no position at all to know how I, or anybody else, interpreted what you wrote. I do feel that what you said, whether intended or not, misled me so by definition it was, as far as I am concerned, misleading.

As for analysing every tiny detail... Well I don't consider 5 people losing their job to be a tiny detail at all... Just let me know what I am allowed to query and when and I'll see if I can oblige.

Ah Baba, the truth, a fearsome Goddess at the best of times.

My truth is clearly not everyones state of reality, so when I write "compulsory" I wrote what was said and that was a mile away from some of the factless chatter on here and elsewhere indicating a mass cull was in the offing and a second administration was just around the corner.

CRAP, it wasn't,one unfortunate person has forcibly lost their part time job in an effort to give us an organisation more in keeping with our status. A personal tragedy for them but not an indication of Guilfoyle (sp) coming back any time soon. 5 others took voluntary redundancy which was also reported, albeit by Mark C

Baba you do need need me or anyone else to tell you what to query although sometimes you ask in mostly the wrong places. If you want to chat to JB, go chat to him, he's always approachable before games, but when I have seen you recently, you have looked to "comfortable" in the Lounge:)

With regard to the issue of redundancies, I would add that the above is very much in line with the answers given & comments provided a number of weeks ago, when seven of the PAS Board met with the Club Board.

As is the further detail relating to the 8000 attendance-based budget; the original information for both topics having been 'published' to all fans (via this site & others) several weeks ago.

Dec 19, 2008
dunlop":16g68zjn said:
I just can't get some people, when restructuring takes place there are obviously and unfortunately going to be job losses especially as we were being staffed as a championship club, it is same thing as JB getting stick from the fans for the teams poor performance goes with the territory, you take the credit when things are going well you take unfortunately because its football you take the abuse.

I do not think JB has done any ,thing underhand regards the redundancies.

Completely agree. At my work place, in my section, we've had 12 go in just under six years. Why? We didn't have the budget to sustain the amount of staff we had.

It's fine and normal to restructure but to state there's been one part time redundancy isn't strictly true as it's five posts that have gone.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
hairy j":2g1r9lb6 said:
Tony, condescending.

In terms of the redundancies, there's been 5 - that's a fact. There isn't that much diference between compulsory and voluntary, you've still got 5 less employees than you had before.

You've stated that Baba asks questions in the wrong places.... what does that mean? I think you're forgetting that you are supposed to be representing the fans and not representing the club or James Brent. Condescending the fans isn't in the PASB remit either.

1. In your case hairy I hope always to remain consistent.

2. Actually, there have been 6, 1 compulsory and 5 voluntary and if it concerns you there is a gulf between the two.

3. Correct, almost we have less staff, 6 not the 5 you quote, do keep up hairy:)

4. It means Baba should go direct to the horses mouth and ask JB himself or at least aim to join the Board of the Trust or PASB.

5. I never forget who I represent and was purely reporting what happened at a PASTA meeting for PASTA members and any other interested fans. I dont think anyone would foolishly suggest I was representing the Club or JB, well, except you!

6. I hope never to condescend to any fans although you do make it tempting. I hope tonights swift reporting by all concerned of what happened will act as a shining beacon for the PASB.

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
I have tried to gleen the facts from this personal and private discussion that this forum seems always to decend into and this is what i think.
We have been sold down the river , no income from the new grandstand and no income from the car park. Could the posters on this increasenly private site comment on this if in fact they actually know anything to the contrarary.

Dec 19, 2008
6 yeah, I meant 6 and not 5. Just a typo.

If Baba has a question he wants the PASB to ask though, then you should ask that question on his behalf. He shouldn't have to join one of the many talking shops. Why do you have to meet someone to ask them something in person? You sound a lot like someone else who's also obsessed with meeting people.

I'd have liked to have asked why we have no reserve football at the moment. We need that to keep the squad fit, to bring players back from injury and to give the fringe players game time in real matches. Can you ask hjim next time you see him?

Mark Colling

ā™£ļø PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Graham Evans":3oesw21e said:
I have tried to gleen the facts from this personal and private discussion that this forum seems always to decend into and this is what i think.
We have been sold down the river , no income from the new grandstand and no income from the car park. Could the posters on this increasenly private site comment on this if in fact they actually know anything to the contrarary.
I can't decide whether to provide a helpful open answer to the contrary, although I seem to recall that it was covered previously in this thread or to to react to the snide post with silence.