Pitch | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Pitch

Sep 6, 2006
Lundan Cabbie":1jxgr8lq said:
Steve Evans":1jxgr8lq said:
our fine body of gardeners wouldn't let argyle down lundan.keep the maintainance in the locale! :furious:

Well I wouldn't trust our lot in Plymouth to do the grass though. Even when they have cut it, it looks a right two n eight.

You seem quite obsessed by Plymouth's grass verges. I believe you are a very strange man.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Balham_Green":2vs0dsur said:
Lundan Cabbie":2vs0dsur said:
Steve Evans":2vs0dsur said:
our fine body of gardeners wouldn't let argyle down lundan.keep the maintainance in the locale! :furious:

Well I wouldn't trust our lot in Plymouth to do the grass though. Even when they have cut it, it looks a right two n eight.

You seem quite obsessed by Plymouth's grass verges. I believe you are a very strange man.

:D

You don't get grass in Lunnun.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Mark Pedlar":3l0ex1te said:
Balham_Green":3l0ex1te said:
Lundan Cabbie":3l0ex1te said:
Steve Evans":3l0ex1te said:

:D

You don't get grass in Lunnun.
Not the sort of grass we're talking about anyway!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Balham_Green":z7uyrssh said:
Lundan Cabbie":z7uyrssh said:
Steve Evans":z7uyrssh said:

So if the place where you lived and worked looked untidy and neglected you'd not moan?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":1smebrw1 said:
Balham_Green":1smebrw1 said:
Lundan Cabbie":1smebrw1 said:
Steve Evans":1smebrw1 said:

So if the place where you lived and worked looked untidy and neglected you'd not moan?[/quote]

BG moan, how very dare you. :greensmile:

Oct 20, 2015
Balham_Green":1ohvodwn said:
As per the others thread re Nice there are greater concerns.

But, this is a fairly serious point. The state of the pitch last season stopped us playing 'proper football' (whatever that is). Particularly after January, those L2 opponents more astute in the dark arts than us capitalised on this, leading to a lot of dropped points at home.

Having said all that I recently saw a picture on FB of the pitch looking absolutely immaculate, so maybe the groundspeople have been doing something right. And we've had plenty of sunshine in the last 48 hours!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
In my opinion, if the pitch was as good as it was in the 2014/15 season, we would have been promoted last season, despite our soft underbelly.

That's how important our pitch is.

Apr 6, 2009
My husband is a landscaper and went to see the pitch to make his own opinion on Saturday. He was impressed how it looks so far and still at that time 2 weeks to go to wait until we play at home

katkin":1kkjjy1l said:
My husband is a landscaper and went to see the pitch to make his own opinion on Saturday. He was impressed how it looks so far and still at that time 2 weeks to go to wait until we play at home

I did tell you all it needed a little sun and boy, have we had it of late ??!!

Keep the Faith :scarf:

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
IJN":3t4wz9dn said:
In my opinion, if the pitch was as good as it was in the 2014/15 season, we would have been promoted last season, despite our soft underbelly.

Not looking to pick a fight or be argumentative, but our pitch had no baring on the results at Crawley, Barnet, Exeter and Accrington.

Neither was it the reason we lost at home to Wimbledon or Dagenham.

If you look back to the autumn last year before we had the supposed algae problem, we weren't that convincing at home and on more than one occasion, many of us left HP thankful but not quite sure how we had picked up 3 points.

Sep 6, 2006
Hilarious comment by IJN. Heard it all now. Talk about green tinted specs....
Thought it was refs fault surely.

Sep 6, 2006
demportdave":1i58zubk said:
IJN":1i58zubk said:

Not looking to pick a fight or be argumentative, but our pitch had no baring on the results at Crawley, Barnet, Exeter and Accrington.

Neither was it the reason we lost at home to Wimbledon or Dagenham.

If you look back to the autumn last year before we had the supposed algae problem, we weren't that convincing at home and on more than one occasion, many of us left HP thankful but not quite sure how we had picked up 3 points.

That Wembley pitch was shocking too!