Plymouth Argyle Gambia Supporter | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Gambia Supporter

Jan 6, 2004
He wants sponsership to get himself to the UK I reckon. Not much rings true about that article - he has just latched on to Argyle as a means to an end. Fair play to him though - enterprising stuff and may even work judging by the opening post.

Jun 8, 2014
A man who has asked for absolutely nothing and is sharing his story is viewed as a con or whatever.

Right, because that makes sense.

bodspafc

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 8, 2005
Bristol
I'm not saying he's trying to con anyone, it's just that to me some of it sounds a bit weird. Hopefully he's just a true football supporter and if that's the case he can make it over here to see us :scarf:

Jan 3, 2013
bodspafc":33lofjzc said:
I'm not saying he's trying to con anyone, it's just that to me some of it sounds a bit weird. Hopefully he's just a true football supporter and if that's the case he can make it over here to see us :scarf:
exactly, he cycles 2k to watch us on TV .......when's that then?

C

chronicgreen

Knarf Reprah":1mal0fi4 said:
bodspafc":1mal0fi4 said:
exactly, he cycles 2k to watch us on TV .......when's that then?

The FL show on Channel 5, all that way for 7 seconds, that's commitment.

"The day Plymouth Argyle is to play a match, I walk or cycle two kilometres to the next village to watch the particular match. But sometimes, the owner of the video club doesn't show the games so I feel bad"

Sometimes? So we play 46 games a season, excluding our annual one-off cup games, and have been on TV, what, twice a season for the past 6 years? So of a total of 276 games, he's seen us on TV 12 times. If I was him, I'd give the video club owner a right piece of my mind. That's illegal advertising, that is.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Paven":1021ydj2 said:
A man who has asked for absolutely nothing and is sharing his story is viewed as a con or whatever.

Given a few of the people expressing cynical minds and their public opinions is it any great surprise?

Do unto others as you'd have them do to you ; until such time as he comes seeking ££ or otherwise I'm willing to take him at face value as a seemingly genuine fan / community worker ; check out his f/book page ; full of him with footy teams and training pics ; and posing with some Argo memorabilia too ; he's now a regular on Rick and Daves fanfest page too !!!

You never know he might un-earth us another Cherno Samba Gambian gem !!! :funny:

:greensmile:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I have to say I was quite cynical, but his Facebook page is pretty impressive. He clearly does lots of good work, even setting up a women's team, which I (perhaps shamefully) assume is pretty progressive thinking in that part of Africa.

Story in the Herald today, too... http://m.plymouthherald.co.uk/Plymouth- ... story.html

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Paven":7ub1hi1s said:

Of course it makes sense. How much interest would he generate if he came out and said 'give me money'.

Thousands of beautiful Russian women want British husbands!

The world is full of gullible people but as he probably only needs the fare from Calais then you go ahead.