Plymouth Argyle Gambia Supporter | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Gambia Supporter

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Aug 5, 2009
Plymouth or Nigeria
Hello all.
I couldn't find the original thread on this although I'm sure there was one. I'm pretty sure that lots of you remember about the Argyle supporters club in Gambia. Well the founder of this club is called Karamo Camara and he has a Facebook account dedicated to this as well as his own FB account. He is now 'friends' with myself and many other Argyle fans and I have been in contact with him several times. He has just completed a Gambian coaching badge and trains the local kids. You can check out either his FB page or the supporters club page at Plymouth Argyle Gambia supporters Club Madiana. This may be old news to many of you, so bear with me. I work in Africa on a rotational basis and one of my English colleagues lives in Gambia and is only 5km away from Karamo's village. I seem to remember some people saying that it would be a nice gesture to donate anything Argyle to the club. I don't know if anything has been done about this, but if not and if anybody is willing to donate any old shirts, T shirts, programmes etc, then my mate (Middlesbrough supporter) is willing to carry it for us. Please PM me if this has already been done or if you can give something. I live in Plymouth and get home next on the 22nd October, so can arrange to pick anything up then.
Thanks for reading and lets spread a little bit of Green happiness in Africa. :scarf:

Phil

Jan 3, 2013
How long before the following........thank you for sending the shirt, I have found a winning lottery ticket but can't afford to travel to England, please forward a thousand pounds and your bank account details so I can pay you 50% of my winnings.......or am I being a cynic?
Just think on this......why Argo and not a Premiershite club?

Sep 23, 2005
What about a collection point on match days set up by the trust for us that live further away.
Just ignore KR toejam, keep up the good work.

Jan 3, 2013
As I say, why us? He said in a previous thread he cycles miles to watch the club on TV, and sometimes the video doesn't work, WE ARE ON TV AT MOST TWICE A SEASON!
I think it's rubbish, so shant be giving anything, you guys want to, fair enough, but there are plenty of teams in the UK that could do with help

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
jollygreenjohn":1pea2nap said:
What about a collection point on match days set up by the trust for us that live further away.
The Trust have something in the pipeline and will have an article in next Tuesday night's programme about a shirt collection. Watch this space.

Aug 5, 2009
Plymouth or Nigeria
Keepitgreen":9ccxmkhh said:
jollygreenjohn":9ccxmkhh said:
The Trust have something in the pipeline and will have an article in next Tuesday night's programme about a shirt collection. Watch this space.

Well if I can help, then let me know.

Jul 29, 2010
Toejamgreen":25t17yod said:
Cynic.
Nobody is asking for anybodies personal details here. Just an old shirt to help out a kids football team in a third world country.
I don't get the negativity.

Cynicism that's dancing round the parish boundaries of prejudice if you want my two penneth.

Why not a premiership club?... well that's a question that folk could ask about any of us too. Argyle isn't fashionable or successful yet we've fallen under it's spell. So, no matter where he comes from, along comes another individual bitten by the same big and somehow his motivation is questioned.

Another convert to the flock should be cherished, not viewed with suspicion and 'cynicism'.

A tangential suggestion but raising the question of easier to follow, success laden premiership clubs is perhaps appropriate to an idea i've had for some time. To engender some pride in our own identity, some rejection of the lazy path to footballing support so prevalent in all communities, not least Plymouth's, Argyle could promote an amnesty for premiership shirts.... hand one in and get £X off an Argyle shirt.

The offending articles could then be shipped abroad while we engender the unifying message that it's 'us against them'.

In this case our 'brother in Argyle' wants Argyle shirts, hence it's a tangential suggestion. To achieve the same 'cleansing' process therefore, the same unification behind our identity, i'd gather up all the offending lilac, yellow and blue abominations of recent seasons and send them off :wink:

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":tcqo909o said:
How long before the following........thank you for sending the shirt, I have found a winning lottery ticket but can't afford to travel to England, please forward a thousand pounds and your bank account details so I can pay you 50% of my winnings.......or am I being a cynic?
Just think on this......why Argo and not a Premiershite club?
Frank, the reason it's Argyle is that the woman who started Gambian Projects (married to a Gambian at the time) is from Plymouth and introduced Karamo to the Pilgrims.

https://www.facebook.com/Gambian-Projec ... 7/timeline

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Toejamgreen":1771rqe0 said:
Keepitgreen":1771rqe0 said:
jollygreenjohn":1771rqe0 said:

If you could pass me your email address by PM I'll make sure it get's passed on to the person dealing with it.

Aug 5, 2009
Plymouth or Nigeria
Keepitgreen":2jflozwy said:
Toejamgreen":2jflozwy said:
Keepitgreen":2jflozwy said:
jollygreenjohn":2jflozwy said:

If you could pass me your email address by PM I'll make sure it get's passed on to the person dealing with it.

PM sent
Thanks