Police intelligence-Oxymoron? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Police intelligence-Oxymoron?

Mar 18, 2006
HC Green":ndwxj4zo said:
Can anyone explain why D@C had that level of policing for 300 away fans? When at Northampton and Wimbledon there seem to be minimal policing for 700 and 900 away fans?

Newport , Swansea and Cardiff all have moronic anti English followings. Today however was over kill on D and C's part . 300 away fans today must have included the substitutes and coach driver .

May 26, 2006
South Devon
It was actually the stewards that blocked the steps, nothing to do with the police. It was a ridiculous thing to do as it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!! Completely over the top with regards the dogs, outriders etc.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Presence is also a deterrent.

Maybe overkill but imagine 30 odd halfwits starting something and only having a few police on hand backed up with a PCO.

It sends a message and it should be reassuring that it these morons get taken seriously and get no breathing time to start anything.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Wagga_Wagga":3e40cpnh said:
It was actually the stewards that blocked the steps, nothing to do with the police. It was a ridiculous thing to do as it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!! Completely over the top with regards the dogs, outriders etc.
And stewards "power" outside of the ground is?

May 26, 2006
South Devon
GCH1965":2mt1se3y said:
When were the steps blocked I went down them the police were stood at the bottom

They were initially blocked at the top of the steps by the stewards. The police said it was nothing to do with them and it was the stewards decision. It achieves absolutely nothing by blocking the steps and they obviously realised this hence they started letting people use them.

Dec 16, 2004
GCH1965":26bpv6dc said:
When were the steps blocked I went down them the police were stood at the bottom

I got out of the ground right on the final whistle, the stewards prevented my wife and I that we couldn't walk down the steps. I asked them what authority they had to prevent me from doing so to which they said the police had told them. By the time I had waked around the top and to the bottom of the steps people were being allowed down the steps. I asked a pc what the problem was he said he had no idea but the stewards had decided to block off the steps!!!!

Jan 10, 2015
Plymouth
Wagga_Wagga":2jhzssvh said:
GCH1965":2jhzssvh said:

They were initially blocked at the top of the steps by the stewards. The police said it was nothing to do with them and it was the stewards decision. It achieves absolutely nothing by blocking the steps and they obviously realised this hence they started letting people use them.

Glad i had a pee before I left then

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
This is not the first time the steps have been blocked.

It makes no sense at all - instead of dispersing the crowd quickly, it keeps them within the Home Park perimeter longer.

Either thick police or jobs worth stewards.