Possible International Match at Home Park | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Possible International Match at Home Park

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":3hztzgma said:
Keepitgreen":3hztzgma said:
Lundan Cabbie":3hztzgma said:
djg145":3hztzgma said:
To celebrate the sailing of the Mayflower England v USA Womens Team

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37475005

Shouldn't the FA or even Argyle be sending teams to play in Plymouth, Massachusetts as well as organising matches here seeing as it is their 400th birthday rather than ours.

We seem to be hoping there is a bit of a bandwagon to jump on in 2020 and I guess if it brings new visitors then that's good for the city but somehow I don't believe it will be as successful as local leaders are expecting.
What do you base that on LC?

Just a gut feeling. Are people really going to flock here just because they named Plymouth MA after our Plymouth 400 years before?
Put on the right events and I reckon they will. Mind you, that's just a gut feeling too. I'm sure there'll be lots of communicating with those across the pond.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Lundan Cabbie":3cdphn1r said:
Keepitgreen":3cdphn1r said:
Lundan Cabbie":3cdphn1r said:
djg145":3cdphn1r said:
To celebrate the sailing of the Mayflower England v USA Womens Team

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37475005

Shouldn't the FA or even Argyle be sending teams to play in Plymouth, Massachusetts as well as organising matches here seeing as it is their 400th birthday rather than ours.

We seem to be hoping there is a bit of a bandwagon to jump on in 2020 and I guess if it brings new visitors then that's good for the city but somehow I don't believe it will be as successful as local leaders are expecting.
What do you base that on LC?

Just a gut feeling. Are people really going to flock here just because they named Plymouth MA after our Plymouth 400 years before?
"our" Plymouth! Wow, never thought I would see you write that.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":298al1xn said:
Women's "football" ? Sorry, not for me.......

This post makes you come across as a bit of a k*ob. Fair enough its your opinion, but there is a certain way to express it. Also, there is no need for the question mark. Its football.

The Argyle ladies get nowhere near the amount of acknowledgement they deserve, and this game may pull a few more fans in for the Argyle ladies games, as well as opening peoples eyes to womens football which is quickly catching on across the world. Obviously the financial gain would be good also.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Some outdated and outright nasty comments on here.
If you don't like women's football then perhaps just wind your neck in and say nothing instead of getting a cheap thrill about how 'old school' you are. Good on any girl who wants to take up the sport, especially when you have to put up with pillocks who think you should stick to dolls and knitting.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
LeonTheGreen":2cda7pmc said:
Knarf Reprah":2cda7pmc said:

This post makes you come across as a bit of a k*ob. Fair enough its your opinion, but there is a certain way to express it. Also, there is no need for the question mark. Its football.

The Argyle ladies get nowhere near the amount of acknowledgement they deserve, and this game may pull a few more fans in for the Argyle ladies games, as well as opening peoples eyes to womens football which is quickly catching on across the world. Obviously the financial gain would be good also.

Agreed 100%. Juvenile, backwards comment. What if (unlikely I know) a girl considering taking up football was to read such a w@nkerish comment.. Wouldn't be very encouraging would it.

Aug 5, 2005
Internatiinal women's football is of an extremely high quality and very entertaining. People should give it a chance if they haven't seen it.

Jan 3, 2013
up_the_line":3pdlxf41 said:
LeonTheGreen":3pdlxf41 said:
Knarf Reprah":3pdlxf41 said:

Agreed 100%. Juvenile, backwards comment. What if (unlikely I know) a girl considering taking up football was to read such a w@nkerish comment.. Wouldn't be very encouraging would it.

Oh dear the Stasi are out........IMHO the standard of women's football is appalling, but of course you PC clowns then resort to using words like "knob" .and "W.....Kerish" now THAT is juvenile.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
No Frank it's not!

It's your attitude to anything that is not middle class, anglo-saxon, male that makes you look like a dinosaur.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Knarf Reprah":o0nqnput said:
up_the_line":o0nqnput said:
LeonTheGreen":o0nqnput said:
Knarf Reprah":o0nqnput said:

Oh dear the Stasi are out........IMHO the standard of women's football is appalling, but of course you PC clowns then resort to using words like "cod piece" .and "W.....Kerish" now THAT is juvenile.

In fairness Frank, calling you a knob upsets just one bigoted old man, while needless comments like yours degrade a gender in sport.

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
Knarf Reprah":2skourar said:
up_the_line":2skourar said:
LeonTheGreen":2skourar said:
Knarf Reprah":2skourar said:

Oh dear the Stasi are out........IMHO the standard of women's football is appalling, but of course you PC clowns then resort to using words like "cod piece" .and "W.....Kerish" now THAT is juvenile.

Steph Houghton would make mincemeat of you.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
The stasi? That's a Flipping laugh coming from the chap who blubs himself to sleep if the Herald aren't printing 50 pages on how great Argyle are on a daily basis.

Personally I thought this might be a positive thread and that with any luck a game like this would encourage lots more girls to take up the sport.

M

MikeN

Frank, is women's football "football", in the same way that your "grandkids" posted to your Facebook account? Just asking... The way you throw around totalitarian insults is always ironic. Not exactly the live and let live type, are you?

International women's football has come on leaps and bounds, and is better to watch than a lot of men's professional football. It drops off away from the top level, from what I've seen, but it's a relatively new sport, in terms of professionalism.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Knarf Reprah":5z5jr6ff said:
gaspargomez":5z5jr6ff said:
I'm not a big fan of Woman's football.

I know thats not very PC- but I'm just being honest. Its the same with Golf etc.

I would have liked to have seen a male u21 International.

I suppose I might go to the Woman's game- but it would have to be cheap.

This
:iagree:

Jan 3, 2013
MikeN":2v7e2jas said:
Frank, is women's football "football", in the same way that your "grandkids" posted to your Facebook account? Just asking... The way you throw around totalitarian insults is always ironic. Not exactly the live and let live type, are you?

International women's football has come on leaps and bounds, and is better to watch than a lot of men's professional football. It drops off away from the top level, from what I've seen, but it's a relatively new sport, in terms of professionalism.

IMHO it's poor..........how is it insulting and totalitarian? What an odd comment just because you disagree with me. "Knob" "wa***er" which I was called above , now THAT is insulting

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I actually said 'w@nkerish comment', slightly different to calling you a onanist but whatever, I won't fight you on that one.
It was clear by placing the inverted commas around the 'football' that you meant it as a derisory post and I don't believe for one moment that you've been studying game after game of women's football over the past year to arrive at a decision that it's poor, I think rather it suits you to say it's poor. Anyone watching Argyle's game against Hartlepool could have easily come away and said 'Men's "football" (fnar fnar, those men don't know how to play football)? Not for me'.
It's a shame that the club do something actually positive and it's sneered at - I think there are those that would go, be surprised at how good the standard is, but still force a snide comment simply because it's women's football.