Possible International Match at Home Park | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Possible International Match at Home Park

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've watched women's football on a few occasions and I like how technically good it is.

However, I have yet to see a really good woman goalie. Perhaps it's just the games I've watched but to me it's the one part of their game that lets them down.

Hope we get U21's and the women's full international at Home Park in 2020, it's what our history demands in my opinion.

Aug 5, 2005
IJN":1mtdg48y said:
I've watched women's football on a few occasions and I like how technically good it is.

However, I have yet to see a really good woman goalie. Perhaps it's just the games I've watched but to me it's the one part of their game that lets them down.

Hope we get U21's and the women's full international at Home Park in 2020, it's what our history demands in my opinion.

Hope Solo

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Just for the information of those who are not aware, England Ladies Under 17's are playing in the World Cup Finals in Jordan, commencing this weekend.

One member of the squad is Jessie Jones from Leemoor who has played for Plymouth Argyle ladies team. England's first round games are against North Korea, Nigeria and Brazil. The competion is being broadcast live on the Eurosport channels.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Will every port which the Mayflower stopped at on the English coast being doing a similar gig then, or have those lesser ports yet to attract "American investment"?

Oct 12, 2015
To contribute to the positive angle in this thread, I took my partners daughter to Wembley last year to watch the England Women take on Germany.

Great atmosphere, cheaper tickets, passionate crowd and some technically brilliant, fast attacking football. Thoroughly enjoyable day. The big difference I noted, was the fact that the players played like they actually wanted to be there and that they were proud to pull on the shirt.

Much rather this than the utter rudderless dirge that is normally served up as the men's Friendlies....

Apr 12, 2016
I think it would be great if we could have a full women's international at HP and I would certainly try to attend. Thoroughly enjoyed the women's world cup, there was some really good football played.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Gary_Wills":14pevk4v said:
Will every port which the Mayflower stopped at on the English coast being doing a similar gig then, or have those lesser ports yet to attract "American investment"?

Even though the Mayflower stopped at Southampton, Dartmouth, Plymouth and Newlyn before embarking upon the Atlantic crossing, it was Plymouth that they chose to use as the name their new colony. I'm not sure why the party should be here though, we should be sending City representatives to Massachusetts.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":20mg763c said:
This is Janner stuff Paul, leave it out me ol' China.
He's an adopted Janner Ian. :) :

Lundan Cabbie":20mg763c said:
Are people really going to flock here just because they named Plymouth MA after our Plymouth 400 years before?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":2wg34sha said:
IJN":2wg34sha said:
This is Janner stuff Paul, leave it out me ol' China.
He's an adopted Janner Ian. :) :

Lundan Cabbie":2wg34sha said:
Are people really going to flock here just because they named Plymouth MA after our Plymouth 400 years before?

Indeed. I'm certainly more a Janner than some east end Cockney ;)

It won't be our Plymouth celebrating its 400th birthday. Janners are longer in the tooth than that

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
On the subject of women's football it haa never held any great appeal to me but I have watched quite a bit of the last few World Cups and Olympics and the standard has improved markedly in recent years. It will never see top women's teams beat top men's teams largely due to the physical differences as in most sports. The Australian Ladie's team for example got walloped comfortably by the national U15 or U17 boy's team prior to the last tournament but that doesn't mean women's football cannot be an entertaining spectacle with no shortage of skill and technical ability just like tennis, golf and most sports. To simply dismiss it as "football"? says more about the mindset of the author who belongs in a bygone age.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Recorded and watched England U17 ladies v Brazil on Eurosport 2 in the World Cup in Jordan. England won 2-1 and will now play Japan in the quarter finals.

Several good performances from Samways, Russo and our own Jessie Jones, from Leemoor.

All potential players for the possible international match at Home Park to celebrate Mayflower 2020.