Promotion Push | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Promotion Push

Oct 31, 2015
GreenArmy1984":2n02f0vf said:
Wycombe ( H )
Yeovil ( A )
Mansfield ( H )
Crawley ( A )
Notts County ( H )
Barnet ( A )
Oxford ( H )
Accrington ( A )
Luton ( H )
Morecambe ( A )
York ( H )
Exeter ( A )
AFC Wimbledon ( H )
Portsmouth ( A )
Leyton Orient ( A )
Dagenham ( H )
Cambridge ( A )
Hartlepool ( H )

Being pessimistic and which put us on our worst run of the season I still gave us 27 points :shh:

I know none of my predictions will be right but it made me smile :scarf:

Jul 6, 2005
A foolish and ridiculous OP; that's being polite.

Taking it for granted that we are going to be promoted when it's only the 3rd week of January and we still have 18 games still to go.

Jan 3, 2013
demportdave":uz8k66ru said:

Taking it for granted that we are going to be promoted when it's only the 3rd week of January and we still have 18 games still to go.

It's a discussion site, don't be so opinionated, let the lad have some fun, warrior

Jul 6, 2005
Knarf Reprah":5su7dn9r said:
demportdave":5su7dn9r said:

It's a discussion site, don't be so opinionated, let the lad have some fun, warrior
Frank, you and I are old enough to know better than to build yourself up for a fall.

One game at a time and all that.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Lundan Cabbie":177e4nrs said:
NorfolkGreen":177e4nrs said:

Best way to go up..... imagine if it was v Portsmouth (Wembley needs to be full at both ends to make the most of the occasion)
Beating Portsmouth at a sold-out Wembley would would be the best way to go up only once it had happened! The poor run of results, the slide down the table to fourth at best, the huge worry of the two semi-final legs and the unbearable tension on the day itself would be a pretty agonising experience.

Great memories though that would (eventually) leave us with, give me a solid top three finish any day!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
As a Palace fan I have seen promoted to the Prem both as FL champions, at both Wembleys and in Cardiff and I can tell you that the play off wins linger more in the memory. Winning the Football League should be the greatest achievement of my 48 years of supporting them but somehow those play off days beat it hands down. Maybe it's because all the excitement comes in that moment whereas winning what is now the Championship is spread out of a longer time.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
I'd have thought seeing your team in (arguably) the best Cup final ever in '90 would be the pinnacle.
Depends what one's looking for, from watching others play sports though I guess.

Jul 29, 2010
....notwithstanding Frank giving me a good laugh, the presence of this whole thread should be enough to have '84 placed in stocks outside HP until he stops tempting fate.

Poor form :thumbdown:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Gary_Wills":10196hm4 said:
I'd have thought seeing your team in (arguably) the best Cup final ever in '90 would be the pinnacle.
Depends what one's looking for, from watching others play sports though I guess.

Indeed that was a great day but it was soured by going back 5 days later and losing the replay. Still, had we won and United decided to sack the manager, history books might have looked a lot different. Who are we to ruin 20 odd years for Man U fans? :greensmile:

L

Les Latcham

We'll meet again don't know where don't know when (simples)