R.I.P Ponty | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

R.I.P Ponty

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's with great sadness that I have to report that the one and only Ponty has passed away.

His name was Steve Adams, but was always known as Ponty to all of us that knew him so well.

I would have waited for Bubba to post this, but knowing how very close they were, I doubt if Bubbs is in a fit state to do anything at the present time.

Every Mod is devastated, he was our comedian on the Mod board. His dry sense of humour will be missed and he is a truly irreplaceable member of our team.

He was happiest at his fruit and veg stall, later to become a shop in Abergavenny. His sales banter was legendary in those parts and they all knew him as 'Lofty'. To see him (which I did many many times) in full swing was a wonder to behold.

I'll add to this post later on but we've lost a great Argyle fan today. 😢

Rest easy mate, you're out of pain now.

Love you buddy. 💚

IMG_7037.jpeg

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Steve was one of the nicest people you could ever meet. A true gentleman that was funny, fair and had the sharpest tongue.

Devastated for his family.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Totally gutted. I remember some great away trips with Steve with the South Wales Argyle Greens (SWAG), what a lovely guy and kept his chin up all the while during his health battles. He will be sorely missed by all that had come to know him.

I'll be raising a glass tonight for you my friend. RIP Pilgrim.

HaroldPWH

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Apr 9, 2006
Burbage, Leics
Very sorry to hear this. Like Jerry has said, a name that has been on here for a long time. I started my PASOTI journey in the late 90's - and am sure Steve was on here even then - as Pontypool Green originally?

Sincere condolences to his Family & Friends. 😔

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I never met Steve, just knew him through pasoti. I'll miss him like a mate I saw regularly. I'll particularly miss his humour and the running gag on the mod board where any technical problems were met with the response "Steve will sort it".

RIP mate - no more struggle. 😢😭

Reactions: Biggs