Rate the Ref v Oxford - Graham Horwood | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rate the Ref v Oxford - Graham Horwood

Rate the Ref v Oxford

Votes: 45 44.1%

Votes: 12 11.8%

Votes: 14 13.7%

Votes: 10 9.8%

Votes: 6 5.9%

Votes: 6 5.9%

Votes: 3 2.9%

Votes: 2 2.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters
Jan 30, 2016
Thought the ref was poor but that his two linesmen were even worse. In my opinion the linesman was several yards behind play when the through ball was played so the Oxford forward to me looked at least a yard offside. The oxford player then cheated by falling over very easily. I think the game was then spoiled by the sending off and some very strange decisions as the ref failed to book any oxford players.
Saying that our team struggled against fast small forwards as usual.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
basingstokegreen":3in9k6od said:
Lundan Cabbie":3in9k6od said:
shortbred":3in9k6od said:
arrythewurzel":3in9k6od said:
basingstokegreen":3in9k6od said:
Doesn't know the laws of the game nor followed guidance given by the FA to all referees at start of season
Incompetecentre at its worst

If you’re talking about the pen. Incorrect. There was nothing accidental about Edwards challenge and so double jeopardy ruling doesn’t feature in refs decision. I’d have been raging if no pen had been given in our favour in similar circs. We’re not bottom because of refereeing decisions - managerial decisions.

You’re now letting your own opinions on Adams impede your knowledge of the game. There was minimal (if any) contact for the penalty. I don’t think it was, but whether it was or wasn’t, the double jeopardy DOES come into play. If a genuine attempt is made to play the ball and it’s a foul it’s a yellow card. They went shoulder to shoulder, the striker went down and he gave a penalty and a red card. Incorrect on both.

That's your opinion but the Laws of the Game clearly state "in the opinion of the REFEREE" who clearly thought it was a deliberate foul.

Then why did the FA bring in double jeapardy? Once a plAyer commits to a challenge the second he gets it wrong it is deliberate foul. The reason it was brought in was to stop the ridiculous situation where deliberate challenges that were mistimed were not punished twice

Indeed. However double jeopardy only comes into play if the referee thinks the foul was "accidental" when trying to make a genuine tackle. The referee clearly hasn't seen it the same way as you did because the showing of a red card is evidence that in the referee's opinion, he thought it was more than an accidental challenge.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Adams said on the radio that the ref told him if Edwards tried to get the ball it would have been a yellow, but the ref didn't think he made any attempt to win the ball just to stop the man, ergo red.

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
I can understand the referees decision for giving the pen, as from his position it may have looked like a foul. With the benefit of a replay and my view from the demport it was clearly not a pen. His action, rightly or wrongly ruined what promised to be a cracking game of football as the first ten min. or so was end to end open play with both teams wanting to play football. Even so Argyles lack of a striker became more evident as chances went by to find an equaliser.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Have you seen it again? I’ve just seen the replay and if it’s another referee he gets booked for diving. I’m sorry but I’m having none of it having seen the replay, it confirmed what I saw at the time was FACT not OPINION. We will appeal and it will be overturned.

Quite the opposite I would say. It merely confirms it as your opinion over fact, hence why there are so many different interpretations and opinions on the incident. Having watched it a dozen times, something the ref didn't have the benefit of unlike those incandescent with rage I still don't see it as clear cut or factual either way but I bet my life the vast majority of Argyle fans would have been howling for a penalty if the roles were reversed. A 4 goal drubbing at home can't all be down to the referee. Oh well, on to Tuesday we go and a chance to atone.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Lets blame the poor old ref and lino's for our own incompetence :oops: :facepalm:

It was a poor decision and attempt by Edwards to stop a clear goal scoring opportunity. He left the ref no option but to send him off. You can call it soft if you want but if it was the other way round we would of expected the same decision.

The results of these polls are just a reflection of the scoreline so pretty pointless IMHO unless people can park their emotions and objectively score the refs performance.

He was worth a 6 on todays performance which is a darn site better than the 4 I would give the team and the 2 I would give DA

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Apart from the penalty and sending off, he was poor. Did nothing about a two footed lunge and an elbow in Bradley's forehead.

Apr 8, 2014
samjones":7s3majdf said:
Lets blame the poor old ref and lino's for our own incompetence :oops: :facepalm:

It was a poor decision and attempt by Edwards to stop a clear goal scoring opportunity. He left the ref no option but to send him off. You can call it soft if you want but if it was the other way round we would have expected the same decision.

I don’t call it soft. It’s not a penalty. Period.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
samjones":2yazn4nz said:

It was a poor decision and attempt by Edwards to stop a clear goal scoring opportunity. He left the ref no option but to send him off. You can call it soft if you want but if it was the other way round we would have expected the same decision.

The results of these polls are just a reflection of the scoreline so pretty pointless IMHO unless people can park their emotions and objectively score the refs performance.

He was worth a 6 on todays performance which is a darn site better than the 4 I would give the team and the 2 I would give DA

You must be an Exeter fan or a Troll because no Argyle fan would take such delight in every defeat. Your credibility on Pasoti has been shot to pieces.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Harsh, for once I fully agree with him. Always the ref's fault when we lose it seems.

C

Charles Plym

arrythewurzel":1247n10s said:
basingstokegreen":1247n10s said:
Doesn't know the laws of the game nor followed guidance given by the FA to all referees at start of season

If you’re talking about the pen. Incorrect. There was nothing accidental about Edwards challenge and so double jeopardy ruling doesn’t feature in refs decision. I’d have been raging if no pen had been given in our favour in similar circs. We’re not bottom because of refereeing decisions - managerial decisions.
you are quite right it was no accident it was a deliberate dive and cheating fully endorsed by the referee who was either incompetent or corrupt !

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Charles.plym":3hasvzgw said:
arrythewurzel":3hasvzgw said:
basingstokegreen":3hasvzgw said:

you are quite right it was no accident it was a deliberate dive and cheating fully endorsed by the referee who was either incompetent or corrupt !

You are normally the first to defend referee's or criticise those who criticise refs so Horwood must have been really bad. :)

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
AlanMS":36qz0dn1 said:
Thought the ref was poor but that his two linesmen were even worse. In my opinion the linesman was several yards behind play when the through ball was played so the Oxford forward to me looked at least a yard offside. The oxford player then cheated by falling over very easily. I think the game was then spoiled by the sending off and some very strange decisions as the ref failed to book any oxford players.
Saying that our team struggled against fast small forwards as usual.

I agree linesman very poor often in the wrong position. I too thought the Oxford player was offside.