Rate the Ref v Oxford - Graham Horwood | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rate the Ref v Oxford - Graham Horwood

Rate the Ref v Oxford

Votes: 45 44.1%

Votes: 12 11.8%

Votes: 14 13.7%

Votes: 10 9.8%

Votes: 6 5.9%

Votes: 6 5.9%

Votes: 3 2.9%

Votes: 2 2.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters
C

Charles Plym

PL2 3DQ":1c3ag4su said:
Charles.plym":1c3ag4su said:
arrythewurzel":1c3ag4su said:
basingstokegreen":1c3ag4su said:
Doesn't know the laws of the game nor followed guidance given by the FA to all referees at start of season
Incompetecentre at its worst

If you’re talking about the pen. Incorrect. There was nothing accidental about Edwards challenge and so double jeopardy ruling doesn’t feature in refs decision. I’d have been raging if no pen had been given in our favour in similar circs. We’re not bottom because of refereeing decisions - managerial decisions.
you are quite right it was no accident it was a deliberate dive and cheating fully endorsed by the referee who was either incompetent or corrupt !

You are normally the first to defend referee's or criticise those who criticise refs so Horwood must have been really bad. :)

The worst I've seen in a long long time .

Apr 6, 2009
I'm assuming we have 16 Oxford fans on here as they were the only ones who could possibly score him 10/10

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
katkin":3hljvz6p said:
I'm assuming we have 16 Oxford fans on here as they were the only ones who could possibly score him 10/10

We do get a few from other Argyle websites and Facebook attempting to spoil the vote. Because of that we've unfortunately had to stop guests voting in the polls as from today. Apologies to the genuine guests who usually take part.

Feb 15, 2005
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":1o0c0tjs said:
shortbred":1o0c0tjs said:
arrythewurzel":1o0c0tjs said:
basingstokegreen":1o0c0tjs said:
Doesn't know the laws of the game nor followed guidance given by the FA to all referees at start of season
Incompetecentre at its worst

If you’re talking about the pen. Incorrect. There was nothing accidental about Edwards challenge and so double jeopardy ruling doesn’t feature in refs decision. I’d have been raging if no pen had been given in our favour in similar circs. We’re not bottom because of refereeing decisions - managerial decisions.

You’re now letting your own opinions on Adams impede your knowledge of the game. There was minimal (if any) contact for the penalty. I don’t think it was, but whether it was or wasn’t, the double jeopardy DOES come into play. If a genuine attempt is made to play the ball and it’s a foul it’s a yellow card. They went shoulder to shoulder, the striker went down and he gave a penalty and a red card. Incorrect on both.

That's your opinion but the Laws of the Game clearly state "in the opinion of the REFEREE" who clearly thought it was a deliberate foul.

I had a very clear view and Edwards took the player down from behind, with no chance of reaching the ball. So as much as I hate the decision of the ref, even with green tinted glasses on, I have to say he was correct.
:sad:

Apr 9, 2011
Harsh & hasty decision which ruined what promised to be a very good game. Just one of several poor decisions made by him & the pathetic Lyndhurst lino.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
If that's the way the rule is meant to be interpreted then it's a stupid rule. With their player running in at an angle and the keeper coming out to narrow the angle, it could be argued that a penalty is a better opportunity to score. So rather than denying a goal scoring opportunity, it actually makes the opportunity a better one.

Also, if the red card is because there was no attempt to play the ball, why wasn't Bradley sent off last week?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":1sfzf7zx said:
katkin":1sfzf7zx said:

We do get a few from other Argyle websites and Facebook attempting to spoil the vote. Because of that we've unfortunately had to stop guests voting in the polls as from today. Apologies to the genuine guests who usually take part.

I will say, I only ever vote if I have seen the game (Same for MotM votes too).

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":1e59qmqh said:
katkin":1e59qmqh said:

Good move. Too often the polls have been spoilt by people thinking it was clever/funny to vote for a 90th minute sub as MoM or similiar.

Oct 6, 2005
Winchester
The penalty decision was right in front of me. at the time I thought it was soft, having seen a replay it was cheating plain and simple.

The ref then missed an elbow and a two footed challenge and a handball in the box for a penalty for us, Allen the first half.

Second half he also missed a blatent pull on Jervis (I think?) in the box as well.

My 5 year old even said he was bad.

Oct 31, 2015
I thought he got the pen right at the time. We would have been screaming if it was our striker getting pushed in the back like that. Not that our strikers would be in the box!!the red card was probably down to the last man thing.

What got me was soon after was the high two footed challenge which went un noticed.

Add the elbow on Sonny, The pull on Jervis, The lino missing so much on the Lyndy side and poor old Jervis having his shirt pulled off his back and the poor advantage decisions is what frustrated me.

Not thew worst ref i have seen down here but he did lose control

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Penalty every day of the week. If the shoe was on the other foot we'd be saying it was a concrete penalty.

Nonetheless what gets me is the red card. Watch the Man City highlights and tell me how Kompany gets away with a yellow compared to our red.

Jan 10, 2015
Plymouth
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":y8nyhs8z said:
Penalty every day of the week. If the shoe was on the other foot we'd be saying it was a concrete penalty.

Nonetheless what gets me is the red card. Watch the Man City highlights and tell me how Kompany gets away with a yellow compared to our red.
Just going to say the same