Real fans | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Real fans

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Simonh,

I have just put this on another thread about potential traffic problems tomorrow night following what seems to be regular criticism, from several posters, of PAFC's communications department.

Maybe, with the increased interest in the club, both locally and nationally, in the last couple of years, the communications department is under-resourced.
They seem to get a lot of criticism but perhaps it is time to give them some credit instead of sarcastic comments without any knowledge of the workload involved.
There does seem to be a general lack of respect for our communications department and perhaps it is time for the Board to give them some support and a vote of confidence.

I do think that, if the Board think that praise is merited, it would be good to see a formal vote of confidence from them.

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
Although I'm overseas now and don't attend, it was initially the big games that got me interested in Argyle, and eventually showing up to watch when I was in my teens. The FA Cup is one of the club's big opportunities to cast a wider net, and the 'glory fan' of today coming to watch Liverpool can quite easily become an Argyle for Life fan, unless of course they show up to abuse there or here. When I showed up to watch a real game live for the first time it was magical (Crystal Palace, and we lost 3-1 I think) and I never turned back, so don't ruin it for the newbies.

D

Darren Stoneman

What has amazed me is that the club do not learn from their mistakes, I empathise with the box office staff, but let's not forget that Mr Brent has a professional box office set up in the Pavilions that could have been used, from memory they sold or managed 35,000 tickets for MTV (I may be wrong)
The club should prepare for every game to be popular, how many times do people have to queue to get in due to a lack of planning.

Someone mentioned either on this thread or another about people planning to come and finding reasons not too, this is a prime example why the club should make it as easy as possible to come to a game, football attendance is a luxury and as such people sometimes make choices about what they spend their income on. If constant obstacles are put in the way then the floating supporter will not come.
A root and branch review is needed and some difficult questions need answering, sometimes the best efforts of the staff or IJNs amazing volunteering only paper over the cracks.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Very well put Darren. Let's enjoy the occasion tonight but hopefully the club will afterwards address many of these issues.

Jul 3, 2013
Over the last 15 or so years the communication at the club has been poor at best, is it still the same person in charge .or have the club made efforts to change what is wrong..?

May 8, 2011
Darren Stoneman":1uw6eni1 said:
What has amazed me is that the club do not learn from their mistakes, I empathise with the box office staff, but let's not forget that Mr Brent has a professional box office set up in the Pavilions that could have been used, from memory they sold or managed 35,000 tickets for MTV (I may be wrong)
The club should prepare for every game to be popular, how many times do people have to queue to get in due to a lack of planning.

Someone mentioned either on this thread or another about people planning to come and finding reasons not too, this is a prime example why the club should make it as easy as possible to come to a game, football attendance is a luxury and as such people sometimes make choices about what they spend their income on. If constant obstacles are put in the way then the floating supporter will not come.
A root and branch review is needed and some difficult questions need answering, sometimes the best efforts of the staff or IJNs amazing volunteering only paper over the cracks.

Surely the fundamental point is that the club's current infrastructure is geared up to selling 5-6000 tickets every fortnight not 15,000 tickets in 10 days with a league game and an all ticket away game being sold as well.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Simon you would have been proud of the team tonight with a little bit of luck it could have been a different result the players gave there all.A full 4 sided HP looked fantastic it looked and felt like a proper football club again the sooner you get the Mayflower side of the ground finished the better.

We the fans hope you give the manager some of the proceeds of this cup run to the manager to help get promotion.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Bermudian Green":u2591h6e said:
Real fans. Hmmm. My wife's an Atletico fan, her brother is Barca, her sister-in-law Liverpool (crush on Michael Owen), mum Atletico, dad couldn't give a toss.

Santander for me all the way.

Malaga for me Jerry!

:nworthy:

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Hi Simon

Pity about the result but a great game of football and a good advert for the club, having a full house.

I have a question about Ticketek or Ticketmaster or whatever they are called in the UK.

What is the "tie" with Argyle and these rip off merchants? And they are just that!

Is this yet another Football League "initiative" that has been foisted upon the clubs, like Argyle World was?

Or is it a standalone set up just with Argyle?

Please tell me it's not the latter.

Jul 3, 2013
There must have been 60 people sat on the steps in the grandstand who had duplicate tickets and no seat.
Could you explain why this happened and why they were allowed to stay there?

Edited to add, that was just the isle next to me so could have been many more.

Sep 6, 2006
Stiffler":20fhpjkw said:
There must have been 60 people sat on the steps in the grandstand who had duplicate tickets and no seat.

What were you doing on an isle?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Balham_Green":1uyxzcqp said:
Stiffler":1uyxzcqp said:

What were you doing on an isle?

Is it true that the Stewards searched your bag and found 8 cds, the Bible and the Complete Works of Shakespeare? :think:

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
Stiffler":4oe99nnm said:

I don't know about those but there were several lads trying to find seats in the Grandstand after the match had started when their tickets were for the Mayflower seats.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Mentioning we need 10% of the locals to support us is way off the mark as that would be 25k local fans. I know we have a far more diverse crowd than those who live in Plymouth.

Our 8k average is probably

5k Local
4k Devon and Cornwall and others.

If you want to grow your crowd give them success, then the likes of those fringe fans who watch other teams will be tempted.

It is lucky we are so far away from any Premier teams as the draw of that would certainly draw on the fringe support. However if we were to get back to the Championship or the heights of the Premier League the tide would be towards us.

Just think, dad says to son "Which do you want to see?" Argyle v Man Utd

or

Torquay v North Ferriby Utd
Exeter v Wycombe

It would be very rare for the kid who will have seen the Premier League on TV not to want to see it first hand and when we thrash the buggers he's a fan for life.