Real fans | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Real fans

Dec 3, 2005
A great start would be to get those 3,000 temporary seats installed before next Wednesday :)

Not sure I like what you put in brackets though Simon - (or higher prices for those who are going to come at almost any price), that idea would alienate most of the supporters you have now.

To quite a few of us, buying a Season Ticket is a huge financial undertaking each year.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Hi Simon good to see a Director of the club posting on a fans forum, I hope the keyboard warriors don't put you off.

I think it would be nice to hear about Joe Blogg the fan rather than corporate, corporate, corporate all of the time.

The communication from the club to be polite is very poor.

I know you have been told how wonderful the family zone is but in truth except for the facility's underneath the stand it has been a disaster diluting the atmosphere in the ground, using it as a kids shield between opposing fans hearing bad language and worst when the away fans try to wind up our keeper, then when there is a big game or potential trouble the kids are kicked out of their seats, serious consideration must be made about relocating this area when the grandstand refurbishment is discussed.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
luckycoopertupac":2rxq4cr4 said:
Totally agree the ticketing criteria put in place should eliminate most issues regards who gets first choice of tickets so maybe the only ones moaning on here don't fit the criteria and have to battle with the rest to get tickets

Game on !!

Cant be arsed to read the whole thread, But lets just say I meet the criteria but live 350 miles from HP not having a Plymouth Post Code seems to restrict you from Visiting HP for any Glamour ties, No Phone bookings, No Internet bookings but yet people have been able to get tickets to sell on ! Amateur

Fair Play to Simon a breath of fresh air coming on here and communicating but it seems to me that some are hiding behind Simon who lets be honest is a good news story for our club at the moment. And if you are going to do your own communicating you wonder why you are paying a Chief executive to stuff tickets into envelopes !

Im over it I wont be going but like I say very patronising to talk about real fans, Liverpool on sunday was my 8th away game of the season but I am still not allowed to enter the lottery of buying a ticket because I cant stand outside the ground freezing my nuts off for 12 hours ! Amateur simply !

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
we real fans who are there when we are wondering if we will have a club left to support can accept defeat and give credit to worthy opponents.plastics and glory seekers will only accept a win.we've all heard the "i don't support them they're rubbish"ad nauseum.i was at the front of the queue for the liverpool away match and a plastic arsenal fan whom i vaguely know (he is plymouth born,bred and residing),was right behind me gagging to get tickets for this match.this bloke has "hammered" me over and over again up the gym about supporting argyle and i can guarantee that he will not attend against stevenage tomorrow.mister Hallett,this is what you are up against.i wish you well sir.

Oct 16, 2016
Steve Evans":k9kvrn4l said:
we real fans who are there when we are wondering if we will have a club left to support can accept defeat and give credit to worthy opponents.plastics and glory seekers will only accept a win.we've all heard the "i don't support them they're rubbish"ad nauseum.i was at the front of the queue for the liverpool away match and a plastic arsenal fan whom i vaguely know (he is plymouth born,bred and residing),was right behind me gagging to get tickets for this match.this bloke has "hammered" me over and over again up the gym about supporting argyle and i can guarantee that he will not attend against stevenage tomorrow.mister Hallett,this is what you are up against.i wish you well sir.

'Hammered you over and over again up the gym'

That's sounds perturbing

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Clearly there have been problems with ticketing arrangements for the replay but this is the first time in many years that we've had the luxury of a top Premiership club coming to Home Park - and not under this administration. The Pompey match and Wembley event were somewhat different in their appeal in terms of the people wanting tickets. While there are lessons to be learned, I think there is some mitigation for the club.

I do think low cost memberships are key to rare events like this. If they do exist already then perhaps they haven't been promoted well enough (or at least this promotion hasn't continued). Which leads to one of the key concerns I have with marketing at Argyle. The tendency seems to depend on social media and viral marketing (word of mouth) which has its limitations. We have a very big city with some very notable choke points, such as Drake Circus and transport routes into the city. So in the spirit of accumulation through speculation, why doesn't the club trial a targeted marketing campaign in these areas for 'normal' games ? We have a windfall to invest and this seems to me a good area to explore for ROI. Perhaps a trial of 6 home games ?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
MarkMatthews":23cztj4j said:
Nobby":23cztj4j said:
Not sure why Argyle don't have a lower level membership below white.

For example, pay £30 for the year, get one home ticket included, discount in the shop etc and get priority on tickets after White & Pilgrim members.

That way anyone worried about general sale crap like this has a bit more security over the complete glory hunters, also has an account on the clubs system which can track away ticket purchases as well (which should be accounted for at times like this) and doesn't have a huge expense attached to it. The majority of people being hindered by living away still manage a couple games a season, so it would help.

Big Green Lottery? I believe entitles you same level as White members.

...and the chance of winning a monthly prize of £500 or even a annual prize of £12,000.

Jan 6, 2004
Most premier league games sell out every game and there always tickets available to the highest bidder from touts. How people expect Argyle, who face this problem once in a blue moon, to sort this out when Premier League clubs who face it week in week out have not is beyond me.

That said the club really does need to move to electronic ticketing linked to an account card/phone app - queuing for physical tickets is positively prehistoric - suggest a fact finding trip to Bristol Sport at Ashton Gate.

Apr 26, 2016
Counted over 400 Liverpool tickets for the away end on sale last night through various ticket out lets. That's twenty % of what we have given them.
Lowest price I have seen was £105.

Although Liverpool were generous in giving us the whole away end and above the allocation they had to we have probably given them 500 more than they wanted or needed.
High percentage of Liverpool fans that will be at the game will be local members from the south & south west.

Sep 13, 2003
Bolshevik1966":3h76e4yw said:
Counted over 400 Liverpool tickets for the away end on sale last night through various ticket out lets. That's twenty % of what we have given them.
Lowest price I have seen was £105.

Although Liverpool were generous in giving us the whole away end and above the allocation they had to we have probably given them 500 more than they wanted or needed.
High percentage of Liverpool fans that will be at the game will be local members from the south & south west.

Probably the first time they have seen Liverpool too!

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":36hgvwrt said:
MarkMatthews":36hgvwrt said:
Nobby":36hgvwrt said:

For example, pay £30 for the year, get one home ticket included, discount in the shop etc and get priority on tickets after White & Pilgrim members.

That way anyone worried about general sale crap like this has a bit more security over the complete glory hunters, also has an account on the clubs system which can track away ticket purchases as well (which should be accounted for at times like this) and doesn't have a huge expense attached to it. The majority of people being hindered by living away still manage a couple games a season, so it would help.

...and the chance of winning a monthly prize of £500 or even a annual prize of £12,000.
Don't forget the weekly tenners.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
edengreen":1v4qwe71 said:
What's the big green lottery? As an exile not really heard anything about it
It used to be called the Argyle Foundation but now the Big Green Lottery where the money goes to help the Academy. Gives fans the chance to win weekly, monthly and a big annual prize.

BGL

Application Form

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Keepitgreen":1gsok8z5 said:
davie nine":1gsok8z5 said:
MarkMatthews":1gsok8z5 said:
Nobby":1gsok8z5 said:

Don't forget the weekly tenners.
:thumbup:

Some clubs have an away season ticket scheme. Just wondering whether Argyle could set up something like that? I'm thinking that they could look at the cost of average away tickets (say £20 each), you pay £120 at the beginning of the season, then every time you call to buy an away ticket, they take the cost from what you have in your account. If you go over, you pay the difference. if you don't spend it all, the club gets to keep what's left. That way, those fans who struggle to attend matches at Home Park but follow the team around the country could still have some sort of membership tier.

M