Real fans | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Real fans

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Shankster":2aqslx3u said:
Want to have an opinion on worthiness and holier than thou right to right?

Fingers out of arses and spend your £320 closed season

Whining blouses
You really are a piece of work.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Shankster":3wnj20vi said:

Whining blouses

Unhelpful, unnecessary, uncharitable, unwanted, unintelligent and shows you to be crass, shallow and immature.

Jan 31, 2010
Worcester
justanotherfan":18k8e54y said:
Shankster":18k8e54y said:

Whining blouses

Unhelpful, unnecessary, uncharitable, unwanted, unintelligent and shows you to be crass, shallow and immature.

Best way is to just ignore his inane ramblings. He is clearly a wind up merchant who is feeding off of the desired responses.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Taxman Dave":p9zv6o6a said:
justanotherfan":p9zv6o6a said:
Shankster":p9zv6o6a said:

Whining blouses

Best way is to just ignore his inane ramblings. He is clearly a wind up merchant who is feeding off of the desired responses.
You are right TD - not like me to take the bait normally!

Mar 8, 2016
Anyone seen the herald today with a picture of a woman( I think) queueing up for a ticket wearing a Liverpool jacket? A real fan getting tickets I see. Shocking.

Apr 26, 2016
The word General sale was a big mistake. After two days queuing up Tuesday and Wednesday and talking to numerous people it was very evident no one had a clue if they qualified.
The amount of arguments going on at the hatch that persons had been the five times required etc just caused ridiculous delays. I am a white member seen probably six home games
take my son who has seen about 8, also been to three away games so far, Still have five games left on white ticket to be used. Season ticket holders should have been given until Saturday
not Sunday to pick there tickets up and additionally had a separate fast track queue. Obviously they should have priority.
Why White members (what I am) were being given additional two tickets I am not sure why ? idiots were selling them for £100 last night on various sites. There were hundreds of people turning
up and one chap who got a ticket just before me didn't even know which end away supporters stood, so he has obviously used some one else name / address to get ticket. You were not asked
to present proof of ID. Difficult for the girls working in the hatch cant blame them. You have your 5000 season ticket holders and a further 10 to 15000 who attend any where up to third / half of
the games, It should have been managed through the internet Adele sells 100 000 tickets for Wembley in one hour through ticket master, but it takes Argyle six days to sell 14 thousand.
Now yes more complicated because its based on qualification, well the system got the records and could easily e-mail every one who qualifies for a ticket or the older chaps with out computers
send a letter out. Any way this time next week we can concentrate on the important stuff getting promoted to League one. Lesson learnt.

Matches like this will always trigger this sort of debate. I've spent thousands over the years watching Argyle, but I live in Yorkshire these days and have spent most Saturdays for the past couple of years working so have only been to a handful of matches in 2015/16 and 2016/17. In fact, I've only been to Newport, Barnet and Liverpool this season. Sure in the eyes of some, that would not make me a real fan as I've not put any money at all into Home Park in 2016/17 apart from buying the away shirt. I was thankfully in a position of having bought more than 5 tickets, so could get to Anfield, a game I wanted to go to as it gave me the opportunity to watch Argyle play. Yes, it was a bonus that it was in a nicer ground than Rodney Parade and was quicker to get to but the fact that it was getting to see Argyle play that was the main criteria. I bought a fanzine at the Liverpool match and they were whinging about tourists who spent the whole game taking selfies rather than supporting. My feeling, regardless of club, is that if you are actually supporting, you're a fan. I'm glad that work prevents me from having to worry about a scramble for replay tickets as it does sound as if there are lessons to be learned (some sort of membership scheme like the Green Membership, with low cost, could be a good idea). Ultimately, if a few of the first-time attendees are converted to come again, that can only be a good thing.

Solving the longer-term problem of getting people to attend more in the future is a tricky beast. As others have said, people will pay for entertainment so will be more likely to support a winning team. Reducing the cost isn't always the solution, but the likes of Bradford City and Huddersfield Town up this way have attracted vast amounts of season ticket holders through reduced-priced tickets. No idea how many we've sold this year, but if you doubled the amount at half the price, that'd be better in my mind as people also spend at the shop, refreshment stand etc. And for the players, surely playing in front of an extra 3-4000 home fans would provide more encouragement than seeing banks of empty seats? I'd wish Simon the best of luck as it's definitely not an easy problem to solve.

M

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Not sure why Argyle don't have a lower level membership below white.

For example, pay £30 for the year, get one home ticket included, discount in the shop etc and get priority on tickets after White & Pilgrim members.

That way anyone worried about general sale crap like this has a bit more security over the complete glory hunters, also has an account on the clubs system which can track away ticket purchases as well (which should be accounted for at times like this) and doesn't have a huge expense attached to it. The majority of people being hindered by living away still manage a couple games a season, so it would help.

Feb 28, 2016
Nobby":33n96f2n said:

For example, pay £30 for the year, get one home ticket included, discount in the shop etc and get priority on tickets after White & Pilgrim members.

That way anyone worried about general sale crap like this has a bit more security over the complete glory hunters, also has an account on the clubs system which can track away ticket purchases as well (which should be accounted for at times like this) and doesn't have a huge expense attached to it. The majority of people being hindered by living away still manage a couple games a season, so it would help.

Big Green Lottery? I believe entitles you same level as White members.

Dec 17, 2016
up_the_line":2e9ycxzg said:
Personally I reserve the right to be a little bit peeved at people who turn up once in a blue moon and turf the 'diehards' (who keep the club afloat during the bad times) out of their seats when a glamour game comes along.

Well the fault for that lies with the football club and the way they poorly organise the allocation of tickets for the big games....

If we all complain enough, maybe they'll get off their complacent arzzes and get to grips with the organisation of the ticketing, bringing it into the 21st century!!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
MarkMatthews":2uag5vns said:
Nobby":2uag5vns said:

I'm a Big Green Lottery Member but I have absolutely no idea if I'm still on the system. All I have is an old grotty Argyle Foundation paper card (never updated to a BGL one) and I mysteriously stopped winning £10s after the letter about botched payment systems was sent out a few months ago.

Yet payment is still coming out of my account, and I haven't got a reply to any of my emails (and probably not the best time to enquire about it now!). I'm not too bothered as I predominantly want to give money to the Foundation, but doesn't fill you with confidence.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Biggs":25p4xzau said:
MarkMatthews":25p4xzau said:
Nobby":25p4xzau said:

I'm a Big Green Lottery Member but I have absolutely no idea if I'm still on the system. All I have is an old grotty Argyle Foundation paper card (never updated to a BGL one) and I mysteriously stopped winning £10s after the letter about botched payment systems was sent out a few months ago.

Yet payment is still coming out of my account, and I haven't got a reply to any of my emails (and probably not the best time to enquire about it now!). I'm not too bothered as I predominantly want to give money to the Foundation, but doesn't fill you with confidence.

I still have my old foundation card too and although I can't read my membership number I am still on the system and I requested a new card about a month ago and it came through.

Biggs":3geus0g1 said:

I'm the total opposite - no money is coming out of my account, although I have my BGL card with my lucky numbers right in front of me. Am I too late to get a ticket? (Queuing up might be a problem mind).

Aug 15, 2008
Its very parochial all this grading of fans. It exemplifies the plymouth mindset to be bickering over whos the bestest fan.

I dont see these arguments when i browse other clubs forums.