Resign, Sacked and Over Reaction | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Resign, Sacked and Over Reaction

Sep 28, 2003
London
Mike Greening":27cav96x said:
To those who are against that which JB AND DA are doing why don't you s*d off and support that crap up the A38 and leave the true Argyle supporters in peace. :furious:

Idiotic. So if you're concerned, you aren't a real fan? Grow up, and at least try to add something intelligent to the discussion.

Jul 29, 2010
This thread = :facepalm:

...from BOTH the knee jerking surrender monkey AND the see no evil sides :roll:

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Letting Adams go would be stupid. However he does now need to show us what he is made of tactically to get us out of this slump, I'm pro Adams and think he will turn it around but after last season's collapse it's only right people are starting to question him. (Me included)

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Mike Greening":99yiadtb said:
To those who are against that which JB AND DA are doing why don't you s*d off and support that crap up the A38 and leave the true Argyle supporters in peace. :furious:

Mike, read again what you have just posted and then go and sit in a darkened room for a while. I am sure that on reflection you will regret that post, criticism whether constructive or otherwise is part and parcel of a forum such as PASOTI. :silent:

May 16, 2016
Would it be wrong to point a finger slightly in the direction of the PE Department at the Club ?

We do seem to suffer our fair share of injuries (again ) at the same point as last season. I know the players get reguarly beasted and are apparently the fittest they've ever been but there does seem to be a certain degree of brittleness to them. They are after all, playing on the same pitches against the same players etc as everyone else.

More time sitting on a coach on their travels perhaps?

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
justanotherfan":2ew96itf said:
Mike Greening":2ew96itf said:

Mike, read again what you have just posted and then go and sit in a darkened room for a while. I am sure that on reflection you will regret that post, criticism whether constructive or otherwise is part and parcel of a forum such as PASOTI. :silent:

I'm just fed up with the constant sniping. Doesn't do any good whatever side if the fence you sit on. There are those that criticise management, coaching staff, players a lot of the time. This doesn't do any good for the moral at the club and maybe be a detrimental effect on the players.

Jul 29, 2010
Mike Greening":3d1kfzm2 said:
justanotherfan":3d1kfzm2 said:
Mike Greening":3d1kfzm2 said:

I'm just fed up with the constant sniping. Doesn't do any good whatever side if the fence you sit on. There are those that criticise management, coaching staff, players a lot of the time. This doesn't do any good for the moral at the club and maybe be a detrimental effect on the players.
Whilst I agree with you Mike, the flip side arguement would also be true. 'Blowing smoke up their bottoms' when they've been poor would also have a detrimental effect.

The trouble is this site, no site in football probably, manages to be even handed or fair in it's delivery of the honest truth. It's either one extreme or the other, very good or very harsh.

We can just hope the players have the intelligence to distinguish the fair comment (good or bad) from the wildly fluctuating extremes.

May 1, 2011
X Isle":1qs3376y said:
Mike Greening":1qs3376y said:
justanotherfan":1qs3376y said:
Mike Greening":1qs3376y said:

Whilst I agree with you Mike, the flip side arguement would also be true. 'Blowing smoke up their bottoms' when they've been poor would also have a detrimental effect.

The trouble is this site, no site in football probably, manages to be even handed or fair in it's delivery of the honest truth. It's either one extreme or the other, very good or very harsh.

We can just hope the players have the intelligence to distinguish the fair comment (good or bad) from the wildly fluctuating extremes.

Or better still that the players or management take no notice of praise or criticism on a site that is just for football opinions.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
X Isle":2kfucry4 said:
Mike Greening":2kfucry4 said:
justanotherfan":2kfucry4 said:
Mike Greening":2kfucry4 said:

I don't think it's that much of a problem on here as most sensible players will see it for what it is, just an Internet forum.

Where the is a problem is when it happens at the match. Goodwillie is not performing to the required level and I don't think he'll be here too long, but he was doing OK to begin with yesterday, given the task he was given but the abuse he was dished out from the kick off was disgusting and it's no coincidence that his game went rapidly downhill.

Also, Jervis had quite a good game, and was my man of the match. On one occasion he went after a through ball but couldn't quite get to it before it went out for a goal kick. Someone in the Devonport end ran down the steps to the advertising hoardings and dished out abuse along with hand gestures. This is unacceptable and will affect performances. If fans are willing to do this to the better players, then I also wish they would f'k off and support someone else.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
This from 'memory man' just 20 days ago in response to an article in The Herald from Paul Sturrock.

I certainly don't think "all" are waiting for the terrible run to begin. Yes there will be a number of people in that category, genuine fans who do get concerned, but by no means all. MGM sums up those fears very well in most of his addresses to the nation. Their fears will have been increased by last year's meltdown. But a lot more will see it as PS does. There are few who have "been there and done it" in the way he has. He is perhaps better placed than any of us to judge the recruits that DA has brought in. We can all see what is happening on the pitch but it is a different thing to be able to know the players' mindset. That will be key in all this and there are indications that they do seem better mentally equipped than last year's group. Of course, in addition to the genuine worriers there will be that unfortunate few who genuinely hope the terrible run will come and come soon. They are notable from their recent prolonged absences from this site!

I would add to that, at a recent Senior Greens meeting, DA was asked if he was in it for 'long haul'. He pointed out that loyalty works both ways and, in early season, some were calling for him to be sacked.

However, I did get the impression that he appreciated and valued the Board's loyalty in offering him a long-term contract.

Well, that 'terrible run' is in progress, so we will find out about loyalty in the next few weeks or months.

Jan 27, 2012
I dont think many people want Adams to be sacked. What they want to see is him being given the funds to sign some quality. If the board really want Argyle to progress then they will have to improve on the current playing budget- apparently only the 10th biggest in League Two. If this carries on, Adams will leave to join another club who are able to match his ambitions.

P

Positively Green

gaspargomez":1641fw9i said:
I dont think many people want Adams to be sacked. What they want to see is him being given the funds to sign some quality. If the board really want Argyle to progress then they will have to improve on the current playing budget- apparently only the 10th biggest in League Two. If this carries on, Adams will leave to join another club who are able to match his ambitions.

I agree.

:scarf: