Resign, Sacked and Over Reaction | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Resign, Sacked and Over Reaction

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
GreenArmy1984":1akjtbk8 said:
Would We Have Taken 3rd Place in League 2 At The Start Of The Season ?

Big Injury problems aren't helping

We need to remain positive

Onwards & Upwards

Green Army :scarf:

What do you think of 1 up front at home?
Jervis on the wing or centre forward?
Carey on the wing or free behind the striker?
Miller or Threlkeld at RB when Purrington is fit?
Should Osborne come in so that Songo'o can move back into midfield?

Jul 29, 2010
Bristol Rich":1nzblxfk said:
X Isle":1nzblxfk said:
Mike Greening":1nzblxfk said:
justanotherfan":1nzblxfk said:
Mike Greening":1nzblxfk said:
To those who are against that which JB AND DA are doing why don't you s*d off and support that crap up the A38 and leave the true Argyle supporters in peace. :furious:

Mike, read again what you have just posted and then go and sit in a darkened room for a while. I am sure that on reflection you will regret that post, criticism whether constructive or otherwise is part and parcel of a forum such as PASOTI. :silent:

I'm just fed up with the constant sniping. Doesn't do any good whatever side if the fence you sit on. There are those that criticise management, coaching staff, players a lot of the time. This doesn't do any good for the moral at the club and maybe be a detrimental effect on the players.
Whilst I agree with you Mike, the flip side arguement would also be true. 'Blowing smoke up their bottoms' when they've been poor would also have a detrimental effect.

The trouble is this site, no site in football probably, manages to be even handed or fair in it's delivery of the honest truth. It's either one extreme or the other, very good or very harsh.

We can just hope the players have the intelligence to distinguish the fair comment (good or bad) from the wildly fluctuating extremes.

Or better still that the players or management take no notice of praise or criticism on a site that is just for football opinions.
Well yes, quite.

I don't think i'd even read it if t'were me.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
up_the_line":nc9xdoqp said:
GreenArmy1984":nc9xdoqp said:

Onwards & Upwards

I wouldn't bother going there if I were you. If we were relegated, brought in the chuckle brothers as manager and head coach and fielded a first team 11 taken from the Argyle Angels; he'd still be posting that bloody scarf waving smiley.

May 16, 2016
up_the_line":xqi96sns said:
GreenArmy1984":xqi96sns said:

Onwards & Upwards

2 posts that demonstrate the entertainment that PASOTI provides. :)

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Mike Greening":335q9qjf said:
justanotherfan":335q9qjf said:
Mike Greening":335q9qjf said:
To those who are against that which JB AND DA are doing why don't you s*d off and support that crap up the A38 and leave the true Argyle supporters in peace. :furious:

Mike, read again what you have just posted and then go and sit in a darkened room for a while. I am sure that on reflection you will regret that post, criticism whether constructive or otherwise is part and parcel of a forum such as PASOTI. :silent:

I'm just fed up with the constant sniping. Doesn't do any good whatever side if the fence you sit on. There are those that criticise management, coaching staff, players a lot of the time. This doesn't do any good for the moral at the club and maybe be a detrimental effect on the players.
Yes, all Adams and the players do is look on PASOTI every 5 minutes to see how the wind is blowing.

Get a grip!

According to you, we're not allowed to express any concern when we see the season ominously starting to resemble last year.

We watch our team go 3 successive home games without scoring, even against 10 men for 70 minutes. We have to watch Goodwillie desperately struggling in a position in which he is patently unsuited for, with Carey stuck out wide left and not able to influence the game very much.

Yet according to you, we are not permitted to question the Manager on a fans forum.

Apr 29, 2016
I think that it would only be on an Argyle forum that a team who is joint second could possibly "call for the head" of the manager. In a season that we have already broken performance records of course the manager isn't good enough. He's only been one of about four managers who has won manager of the month this season in the division . What a pathetic effort!

Oh and why should he need to sign players in the transfer window to aid success! What a stupid idea after all. With six injuries to major players.... he must be an unmotivated imbecile with no tactical nous, what else? Just can't believe what I'm hearing! Not even from the most negative of Argyle fans! (I use that term very lightly)

Sep 28, 2003
London
philmeboots":nutsdjc0 said:
I think that it would only be on an Argyle forum that a team who is joint second could possibly "call for the head" of the manager. In a season that we have already broken performance records of course the manager isn't good enough. He's only been one of about four managers who has won manager of the month this season in the division . What a pathetic effort!

Oh and why should he need to sign players in the transfer window to aid success! What a stupid idea after all. With six injuries to major players.... he must be an unmotivated imbecile with no tactical nous, what else? Just can't believe what I'm hearing! Not even from the most negative of Argyle fans! (I use that term very lightly)

Are people who are worried not Argyle fans, then?

Jul 12, 2016
Punching above our weight, injuries,down to 10 men,difficult to play against 10 men,algae on the pitch, poor referee etc. DA starting to run out of excuses.I'm not calling for his head just wish he would use it more to change our performances at home.

Apr 29, 2016
Andy Holland":7m8e6f63 said:
philmeboots":7m8e6f63 said:

Are people who are worried not Argyle fans, then?

Of course they can be, but there is a whole difference in voicing a concern and observation in a measured way and wanting to sack the guy!! I am obviously concerned we've lost a few but have to say it was likely that this was going to happen at some time.

Apr 1, 2009
So we're on the fifth page of a thread attacking those who want DA to resign or be sacked. The question asked most times on this thread is how many people have actually demanded this - the question doesn't get answered because virtually no one (apart from UTL who enjoys provoking a reaction) has done so. The whole thread itself is a massive over-reaction!

With regard to Adams, I've always been supportive and remain so. He's certainly very good when things are going well as our good early season form this year and last, as well as his record at Ross County, shows. However, you learn most about people in terms of how they cope when things aren't going well, and in this respect Adams has yet to prove himself. He had a reputation for volatility when things didn't go his way at RC and, whilst he is calmer now, he was unable to reverse last season's slump and appears to be floundering at the moment. It's a weakness he needs to overcome if Argyle are going to thrive this season, and also if he has serious ambition to manage at a higher level in the future.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
If you look at Adams' managerial career he has a pattern of feast or famine league results, sometimes his team will go on long unbeaten runs followed by a run of games with no wins, even small runs of four wins is followed by four consecutive defeats.

There are small pockets of the usual results: one draw, two wins and two defeats for example, but usually his teams go on unbeaten runs that are hard to break but when they do finish it's followed by another run of no wins in x amount of games.

In 2007-2008 at Ross County he had 10 consecutive league wins and once that ended he had four wins and four defeats from the next 11 league games.

Four consecutive wins in 2009 followed by one win in the next seven league games, Ross County then had that incredible 40 game unbeaten league run but as soon as it ended they lost three in a row and then could only manage two wins from the next 12 games, including five defeats. This was followed by a run of 11 games unbeaten with eight of those as wins.

Last season, while not as epic as above, we had four wins in succession and then a run of three wins and five defeats from the next 12 league games.

And this season is mirroring the above, 14 games unbeaten in the league followed by three straight defeats.

Adams' winning or unbeaten runs last longer than a run of games without a win, that's why he's been successful but it seems once his teams go on a run of games either unbeaten or without a win it's hard to break out of that pattern and when it does all break down there's an opposite run of results.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Those facts are both intriguing and a little alarming.

I know we have a couple of Ross County supporters who post on here from time to time, it would be interesting to hear their take on this pattern of results.

I find it hard to explain how a team can be virtually unbeatable but within a couple of weeks play with apparently so little confidence.