Reuben Cautioned. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reuben Cautioned.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Well he looked pretty happy on the pitch at Tranmere especially when one of their defenders nearly scored an own goal in the 2nd half.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
GreenSam":2gh7vgsq said:
Shouldn't be the target of a which hunt and as has been said, he is of course innocent until proven guilty but it just doesn't sit too well. A few people have said on Twitter about how they were talking to him in Oceana before it all kicked off and he was apparently in a very bad way indeed.

I don't want to make a drama out of a crisis but I'm just concerned about how many very talented players have had their career limited or restricted by alcohol abuse and other demons. Hopefully just a one off and got carried away following a good win but it's such a shame to see this happening. Could you imagine such a thing happening in the 01/02 seasons or 03/04 seasons? Talented athletes do have their demons more than the average person you should never underestimate the complexity of what goes on in people's minds but it's a shame and a bit worrying that after a great win when the focus is on taking it forward for such an undisciplined night out to happen. My only motivation is of concern and I hope he can handle whatever demons he may or may not have because there's such a long list of players with talent who've had problems- Gazza, Ravel Morrison the list goes on and on.

Just leaves a sour taste in the mouth- hopefully he'll be regretting it more than anyone and it'll just be a slapped wrist and 'don't drink so much next time'. A shame.

FFS!

You are a drama queen Sam.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Worry too much? It has been said before, by many. I'm aware that certain facts do and don't make the press and sometimes people just have one more to drink than their limits and make a mam of themselves. I know I've done it myself. I guess when you hear news like this the natural response is to think the worst. Probably nothing really, just a bit of a shame to hear it.

Nov 16, 2006
Daz":2gr78llg said:
GreenSam":2gr78llg said:
Shouldn't be the target of a which hunt and as has been said, he is of course innocent until proven guilty but it just doesn't sit too well. A few people have said on Twitter about how they were talking to him in Oceana before it all kicked off and he was apparently in a very bad way indeed.

I don't want to make a drama out of a crisis but I'm just concerned about how many very talented players have had their career limited or restricted by alcohol abuse and other demons. Hopefully just a one off and got carried away following a good win but it's such a shame to see this happening. Could you imagine such a thing happening in the 01/02 seasons or 03/04 seasons? Talented athletes do have their demons more than the average person you should never underestimate the complexity of what goes on in people's minds but it's a shame and a bit worrying that after a great win when the focus is on taking it forward for such an undisciplined night out to happen. My only motivation is of concern and I hope he can handle whatever demons he may or may not have because there's such a long list of players with talent who've had problems- Gazza, Ravel Morrison the list goes on and on.

Just leaves a sour taste in the mouth- hopefully he'll be regretting it more than anyone and it'll just be a slapped wrist and 'don't drink so much next time'. A shame.

FFS!

You are a drama queen Sam.

Agreed.

Well off 25 year old bloke gets pi$$ed and a bit lairy shocker. Not sure we need to be using words like 'demons'.

Nov 4, 2012
Probably just a scrap after one too many. I was leaving Oceana around that time and didn't see anything. Think I saw Banton in Oceana as well.

I wouldn't worry, probably some drunken Idiot giving Reuben gob.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
GreenSam":22fztlql said:

Gorden Bennet Sam he just went out for a few and let off some steam I expect as most young men do, you have just successfully made the poor bloke sound like a raving alcaholic with mental health issues

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Yeah on reflection given ten minutes to ponder over it it's just me being an overworrier. Nothing in the facts to justify my post so on reflection I probably take it back but it was motivated from a place of concern.

Mods feel free to delete it (as well as the subsequent posts) if you like- leave it be if you'd sooner it was kept in place, I'm not desperate.

Apr 1, 2009
GreenSam":3sdfepds said:

Your most astonishing suggestion is that no player ever got paralytic in 01/02 or 03/04! I can assure you that you are very very wrong!!

Jan 3, 2013
I always remember Bill McGarry manager of Wolves saying about the late Derek Dougan.......he goes on the booze every Friday night and rolls in during the early hours. I've told him that's fine, but if he has one bad game I'll crucify him.
Carry on Reuben, but keep performing well. Another thing, during his appearance at the Senior Greens last month he stated that his attitude had been wrong, don't ruin your career young man and go the way of Gazza, Ravel Morrison, and a long line of players

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Xmastree,

I've heard the stories about 3 day benders and the like but they didn't end in incidents like this. But as I said- it was a knee jerk reaction instinct post of 'oh sh*t' where the mind just naturally jumps to the worst case scenario. It's probably just me being a fretting numpty and it's just a case of a night out that turned sour. I've had one myself and I'm sure most of us have. Maybe a bit of a silly post on reflection but not one with the intention to troll or to cause trouble for Reuben who I massively admire as a player or the club itself.

J

just_ste

GreenSam":13h0ar1f said:

Thats got to be the most over the top post ever,its hilarious lol
Footballers are human,some like a drink and behave some can be assholes when drunk just like the rest of the population,as long as it dont affect the football,who cares

J

just_ste

I bet the third man they cant trace is Banton,he usually goes missing lol

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
greendream":1o6fqb5p said:

:lol: :lol:

J

just_ste

greendream":1jbiw04j said:
I await the people with no sense of humour to comment lol

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Unwanted headlines but let's see what the facts are before jumping to conclusions.