Reuben Cautioned. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reuben Cautioned.

Jun 8, 2014
They do it after winning I imagine - time to relax. Imagine Sir Alex letting this happen - crikey.

Probably something out of nothing, if it doesn't come to anything then I couldn't care less. People on Twitter say they saw him out and he didn't look good at all. Very, very drunk and agressive, told one to 'f*** Argyle". By all accounts Hartley was in good spirits though.

Hope it all blows over - no way we'll terminate his contract ir anything serious will happen to him though. Nothing really even implies he's done anything very wrong. Hope it moves on fast.

Dec 17, 2013
Bodmin/Birmingham
pilgrimmike1":bb719pic said:
samjones":bb719pic said:
Just asking for trouble if you want my opinion. Why on earth does any professional football need to be drunk in a night club
samjones":bb719pic said:
at 2.40 am especially in the city of the team he plays for where every scally going is to want to have a pop at the guy. Lucky he hasn't come away with an injury
Stupid ! Plain stupid !
Hope Sheridan throws the book at him because whether he is to blame or not there is no need to be in that position

8f366d334da24e1dae139352d35cb2950_zpsce65a309.jpg
[/url][/url]

:smile: Very good

C

Cobi Budge.

Little bit of calm needed here.

We don't know what has exactly happened. I have heard a few things from various people & what I've heard seems to suggest that Reuben wasn't directly involved, I won't post what I've been told as that would be very silly indeed.

I think what we also need to remember is that people get arrested all the time and then do not get charged, for goodness sake I've been thrown in a police van for something I was barely involved in then let go. Reuben is innocent until proven guilty. He's just a 26 year old bloke probably out celebrating his goal & everyone can make mistakes, granted the timing isn't great and it doesn't make for good headlines but it's nothing to go crazy about, if it turns out he has done something wrong I trust the club & authorities to take the appropriate action.

So, as I say, it doesn't sound great, but I doubt it's as bad as it sounds. I've never heard a bad thing about Reuben until now unlike with players in the past, so it's not like this is another piece in a string of events.

Feb 22, 2011
Plymouth/Truro
Paven":1dw1cqva said:
They do it after winning I imagine - time to relax. Imagine Sir Alex letting this happen - crikey.

Probably something out of nothing, if it doesn't come to anything then I couldn't care less. People on Twitter say they saw him out and he didn't look good at all. Very, very drunk and agressive, told one to 'f*** Argyle". By all accounts Hartley was in good spirits though.

Hope it all blows over - no way we'll terminate his contract ir anything serious will happen to him though. Nothing really even implies he's done anything very wrong. Hope it moves on fast.
Do it after winning I imagine? Course they do won the game go celebrate. Sir Alex did allow his players to go out just not before a game but yes after, just sounds like a typical night in Plymouth can bump into someone, say the wrong thing or get with someone's bird and it kicks off then a little scrap hopefully nothing too serious usually just blows over just surprised the players at 26 went oceana I'm 19 and pretty much grown out of it mostly for freshers and 18 year olds

Apr 15, 2008
London
Green Neil":2kqxlhfr said:
Daz":2kqxlhfr said:
GreenSam":2kqxlhfr said:
Shouldn't be the target of a which hunt and as has been said, he is of course innocent until proven guilty but it just doesn't sit too well. A few people have said on Twitter about how they were talking to him in Oceana before it all kicked off and he was apparently in a very bad way indeed.

I don't want to make a drama out of a crisis but I'm just concerned about how many very talented players have had their career limited or restricted by alcohol abuse and other demons. Hopefully just a one off and got carried away following a good win but it's such a shame to see this happening. Could you imagine such a thing happening in the 01/02 seasons or 03/04 seasons? Talented athletes do have their demons more than the average person you should never underestimate the complexity of what goes on in people's minds but it's a shame and a bit worrying that after a great win when the focus is on taking it forward for such an undisciplined night out to happen. My only motivation is of concern and I hope he can handle whatever demons he may or may not have because there's such a long list of players with talent who've had problems- Gazza, Ravel Morrison the list goes on and on.

Just leaves a sour taste in the mouth- hopefully he'll be regretting it more than anyone and it'll just be a slapped wrist and 'don't drink so much next time'. A shame.

FFS!

You are a drama queen Sam.

Agreed.

Well off 25 year old bloke gets pi$$ed and a bit lairy shocker. Not sure we need to be using words like 'demons'.

Absolutely. Some people should get their heads out of the tabloids. Demons indeed.

Jul 29, 2010
What?, again?, in addition to the other thread?

Jeez, he really is having a bad weekend :roll:

G

Greenskin

pastiesforlife":3t7ulsm5 said:
Steve.PAFC2012":3t7ulsm5 said:
Didn't something similar happen with Ebanks-Blake regarding a bouncer a few years ago?

The SEB incident was just "handbags".

Marcel Seip definitely had an altercation or two in Plymouth establishments,can't remember what the eventual outcome was though-he may have been fined,not sure.

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
Football players are a very close nit family there like brothers, if anyone gets gobby towards them then they are looking for trouble!!
I've bumped into many argyle players over the years, If you pull them over and say you're a fan and a supporter they have all the time in the world for you.

Im sure this was something out of nothing, and besides i like this! why because the last time the players want out for a few on a saturday sunday night we were winning leagues under sturrock.

Managers don't mind that because its good team bonding!

Reid just focus on the football buddie and the rest will take care of itself :) :scarf:

Aug 4, 2011
GreenSam":1hwszdqu said:
Shouldn't be the target of a which hunt and as has been said, he is of course innocent until proven guilty but it just doesn't sit too well. A few people have said on Twitter about how they were talking to him in Oceana before it all kicked off and he was apparently in a very bad way indeed.

I don't want to make a drama out of a crisis but I'm just concerned about how many very talented players have had their career limited or restricted by alcohol abuse and other demons. Hopefully just a one off and got carried away following a good win but it's such a shame to see this happening. Could you imagine such a thing happening in the 01/02 seasons or 03/04 seasons? Talented athletes do have their demons more than the average person you should never underestimate the complexity of what goes on in people's minds but it's a shame and a bit worrying that after a great win when the focus is on taking it forward for such an undisciplined night out to happen. My only motivation is of concern and I hope he can handle whatever demons he may or may not have because there's such a long list of players with talent who've had problems- Gazza, Ravel Morrison the list goes on and on.

Just leaves a sour taste in the mouth- hopefully he'll be regretting it more than anyone and it'll just be a slapped wrist and 'don't drink so much next time'. A shame.

I guess you never used to visit Millennium or Two trees on a Saturday night during the 01/02 season then?

Nor the corner house or conservatory during the 95/96 promotion season. Things happened, they were just not blown out of proportion by twitter, or internet message boards back then

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
football-bet-data":20ilvo4w said:
GreenSam":20ilvo4w said:

I guess you never used to visit Millennium or Two trees on a Saturday night during the 01/02 season then?

Nor the corner house or conservatory during the 95/96 promotion season. Things happened, they were just not blown out of proportion by twitter, or internet message boards back then

Sam would have struggled to do that! He would have been around 6 or 7 years old!

As for 95/96, he wasn't even a sperm!!!

:lol:

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
I notice that he is the only one named. Surely that's discrimination. If one is named all should be named.