Reuben Cautioned. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reuben Cautioned.

Aug 4, 2011
Andy_S":yrc1uqpi said:
football-bet-data":yrc1uqpi said:
GreenSam":yrc1uqpi said:
Shouldn't be the target of a which hunt and as has been said, he is of course innocent until proven guilty but it just doesn't sit too well. A few people have said on Twitter about how they were talking to him in Oceana before it all kicked off and he was apparently in a very bad way indeed.

I don't want to make a drama out of a crisis but I'm just concerned about how many very talented players have had their career limited or restricted by alcohol abuse and other demons. Hopefully just a one off and got carried away following a good win but it's such a shame to see this happening. Could you imagine such a thing happening in the 01/02 seasons or 03/04 seasons? Talented athletes do have their demons more than the average person you should never underestimate the complexity of what goes on in people's minds but it's a shame and a bit worrying that after a great win when the focus is on taking it forward for such an undisciplined night out to happen. My only motivation is of concern and I hope he can handle whatever demons he may or may not have because there's such a long list of players with talent who've had problems- Gazza, Ravel Morrison the list goes on and on.

Just leaves a sour taste in the mouth- hopefully he'll be regretting it more than anyone and it'll just be a slapped wrist and 'don't drink so much next time'. A shame.

I guess you never used to visit Millennium or Two trees on a Saturday night during the 01/02 season then?

Nor the corner house or conservatory during the 95/96 promotion season. Things happened, they were just not blown out of proportion by twitter, or internet message boards back then

Sam would have struggled to do that! He would have been around 6 or 7 years old!

As for 95/96, he wasn't even a sperm!!!

:lol:

In which case why make the assumption in the first place :doh:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
up_the_line":8r1h0njc said:
This is an open police investigation. Not sure that speculation over the matter on this forum should be encouraged.

The site has a legal advisor.

It's certainly a worry but the speculation is bound to happen.

Jul 3, 2013
Handbags and all that - remember years ago when a full scale riot broke out in The Conservatory (now Crash Manor). locals trading blows with the likes of Tony James and the Morrison brothers, bar stools flying everywhere but these days it makes the press if a player was to have a fag or a cheeky pint!

I very much doubt any charges will put against Reid - affray could be telling somebody to F off or shoving people about if in a group.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
When I saw this thread my heart sank but then as I read the story my feeling was one of huge relief. I guess it’s a sad indictment of our image of modern footballers but subconsciously I’d immediately jumped to the conclusion he’d been involved in a really serious incident and braced myself for some sort of rape/ indecent assault/ manslaughter/ racially motivated GBH etc. allegation.

The fact it appears to be ‘just’ a fracas in a nightclub in which nobody was badly hurt leaves me feeling a bit guilty for harbouring such low expectations of our players.

Aug 11, 2013
A person is guilty of affray if he uses or threatens unlawful violence towards another and his conduct is such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety.

Seems to be a few pwople who think this is trivial and should be struck off the statute book? Personally when I'm out I would prefer not to be in fear of the use of violence or the threat of violence.

That said the player hasn't been charged .... but absolute stupidity to even put yourself in the position of being accused. Walk away. The Police are busy enough without this nonsense ... not to mention the damage the accusations do to the club and the individual. Don't put yourself in that position to begin with is my opinion and he should be reminded of that if nothing else ...

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
arrythewurzel":1raacbdv said:
A person is guilty of affray if he uses or threatens unlawful violence towards another and his conduct is such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety.

Seems to be a few pwople who think this is trivial and should be struck off the statute book? Personally when I'm out I would prefer not to be in fear of the use of violence or the threat of violence.

That said the player hasn't been charged .... but absolute stupidity to even put yourself in the position of being accused. Walk away. The Police are busy enough without this nonsense ... not to mention the damage the accusations do to the club and the individual. Don't put yourself in that position to begin with is my opinion and he should be reminded of that if nothing else ...

Just a thought, maybe Reuben felt threatened and reacted to this threat.(And before you say he should have walked away, sometimes you can't.)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Easier said and done sometimes though isn't it.

All it needs is some gobby plastic Manc or Scouser, giving it the 'Argyle are sh*t' and that sort of thing (just as an example) and then it puts a completely different light on the subject.

Best let it all work itself out and see how it ends up. The truth will out eventually, it usually does.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Unlike you Gary, he may have a mate or two.

You see, real life where you interact and actually meet people.

It's not hard to work out any scenario is it? There's enough on this thread alone.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester

Is there any real need for the nastiness in the response to Gary's post Ian? I thought PASOTI was the nice 'fluffy' place free of personal slights.
I have to agree with Gary's sentiment. No amount of winding up by a 'plastic' should warrant physical aggression. The only justification for physical aggression is in self defence or in defence of other passive innocent citizens

Putting besides the particulars of this case in isolation I'm quite disturbed by some of the flimsy justifications for tw4tting someone on this thread. I wonder if the same people, putting aside their idolatry of footballers for one moment would say the same about a young dustbinman who breaks a guys jaw outside a pub on a Saturday after one too many and someone ripping his football team: 'just young men letting off steam'

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Yep - nothing like having a go at a steward at an away game.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
up_the_line":3sy1f97j said:

Is there any real need for the nastiness in the response to Gary's post Ian? I thought PASOTI was the nice 'fluffy' place free of personal slights.
I have to agree with Gary's sentiment. No amount of winding up by a 'plastic' should warrant physical aggression. The only justification for physical aggression is in self defence or in defence of other passive innocent citizens

Putting besides the particulars of this case in isolation I'm quite disturbed by some of the flimsy justifications for tw4tting someone on this thread. I wonder if the same people, putting aside their idolatry of footballers for one moment would say the same about a young dustbinman who breaks a guys jaw outside a pub on a Saturday after one too many and someone ripping his football team: 'just young men letting off steam'

Thanks for your input once again UTL, if Gary feels personally offended by a comment made by someone he presumably does not know, then I am sure he will be quick to tell us...

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
"Brief Synopsis", my highlight of the week gets 47 posts, "More talent going to Southampton", an important topic, gets 25. "This team has more to offer" - good and interesting post but only 7 responses. Fairly pointless thread about Reuben Reid getting nicked for something he may or may not have done - 70 posts. I despair.

Nov 4, 2012
memory man":2kjkbwer said:
"Brief Synopsis", my highlight of the week gets 47 posts, "More talent going to Southampton", an important topic, gets 25. "This team has more to offer" - good and interesting post but only 7 responses. Fairly pointless thread about Reuben Reid getting nicked for something he may or may not have done - 70 posts. I despair.

Pointless Argument about a drum - 135 posts.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
I may have to think of an even more pointless thread. The forza verde flag used to provide endless opportunities for strong opinions. Even the name itself....those were the days