Reuben Cautioned. | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reuben Cautioned.

C

Cobi Budge.

Never understand those who just say "walk away", a lot of the time that's not possible.

E

Ed_Blackburn

He's on a good wedge. He'll get a good defence lawyer and if convicted will not serve a custodial sentence.

Jul 29, 2010
Cobi Budge.":lotng0nn said:
Never understand those who just say "walk away", a lot of the time that's not possible.

See earlier point on self-defence to cover that. Beyond that however, walking away is ALL the law and the etiquette of 'being the better man' requires.

Besides which, we've no idea if provocation was involved at all, affray is usually considered a 'on the front foot' act not a 'back foot' act.

Bottom line is no-one has been charged and even if they were, everyone is innocent until proved guilty.

Nov 7, 2012
Plymouth
If people where actually there like some of us, they would have actually have a clue to what happened, so many people of the mark. :shh:

Aug 15, 2008
If you did what he did ( Ben Flowers) you would be in crown court no problem it would be too serious for magistrates. But because it was on a Sports Field the law has been slow to react - but I think they have to.

As for Reuben - I think most of us when we were in our early to mid twenties have been in altercations after too much booze. It happens and until the facts of who did what are revealed we cannot castigate anyone. If it is a one off ( as I hope) he must realise he is an easy target and to not get in that situation in the first place.

Feb 8, 2005
Hey, read between the lines.

The Police attended an altercation. The alleged aggrieved left the scene. The two that remained at the scene were arrested for affray (a minor charge, usually used when insufficient evidence gleaned to arrest for assault) in order to ensure that a re-occurrence did not occur. They were interviewed and released on Police bail, which shows that there was insufficient to charge them with. The third party is now being sought to provide evidence of any actual offence having been committed.

I would suggest that this case is going nowhere. Move on if you please.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
up_the_line":3etlpsvs said:
Is there any real need for the nastiness in the response to Gary's post Ian?

Reading it back I think it was a bit OTT I must admit.

My apologies Gary. :oops:

C

centralgreen

I bet in the background there's a gobby bird involved,

I would never recommend walking away the minute you turn your back u won't see what's coming your way.

Troublemakers tend to operate in packs picking on the vulnerable. Gone r the days when it was sorted out 1on 1.

Takes me back a few years only diff being it was the Fiesta then

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
jimsing":3z4ucrr8 said:
Hey, read between the lines.

The Police attended an altercation. The alleged aggrieved left the scene. The two that remained at the scene were arrested for affray (a minor charge, usually used when insufficient evidence gleaned to arrest for assault) in order to ensure that a re-occurrence did not occur. They were interviewed and released on Police bail, which shows that there was insufficient to charge them with. The third party is now being sought to provide evidence of any actual offence having been committed.

I would suggest that this case is going nowhere. Move on if you please.
After a day's reflection, I think this might actually be the most likely explanation. Not a good thing to happen by any stretch but no evidence a crime occurred and unless the third man comes forward, no charges will probably be brought. Guess we'll see how it goes though.

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
Crikey, & to think the Police get criticised for not attending every potential crime these days....

There's clearly no need - this one's solvable by reading an internet forum alone!